Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving certificate translations

Options
  • 19-01-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi. I have finished secondary school abroad. CAO handbook writes that students applying should submit their documents translated in English and they have to be certified.
    I have my leaving cert translated and certified, so do I need to send original translation or photocopies of translations are sufficient?
    Reason I am asking this is that I have paid 100 euro for translation and would like to keep original if I am going to need it future rather than paying 100 again.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You should ring the CAO and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

spurious wrote: »
    You should ring the CAO and ask.

I did. Their phone is off, and I didn't get reply to email yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mandzhalas wrote: »
    I did. Their phone is off, and I didn't get reply to email yet

They will get back to you and really, they are the only ones can answer your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I got a few stamped copies from the agency I used to get mine translated, maybe check with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

You send certified photocopies of your qualifications and a certified photocopy of the translation for all course other than Graduate Medicine where you must send Original Transcripts of your qualifications.

• Advertisement
Advertisement