Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 bars make your own

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It looks like the Golden Syrup is the binding agent there, so what I'd do is this.

It says the mixed seeds are 47% and Peanuts are 32% of the total weight, so that's 79% all in.

That leaves a ratio of 21% for Golden Syrup, Veg Oil, Cane Sugar and Salt - probably not much salt, not even a teaspoon.

I'd go 9% Golden Syrup, 9% Veg Oil, 2% (Cane) Sugar (I'd use brown here if you can't get cane tbh) and 1% salt (or no extra salt if you use salted peanuts).

Heat the syrup and oil to make it runny, stir in the dry ingredients (roughly chop the peanuts) then stick into an oven at about 180 for 20/25 mins.

They are pretty much glorified flapjacks

Advertisement