Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Approval Certificate Advice

Options
  • 19-01-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi

I am hoping some of you kind people on boards can help me out with some advice / guidance. We are looking to make an offer on a house, we have no mortgage on our current house and will only need a mortgage of approx. 25% of the value of the house we are bidding on.

What do I need to give to an Estate agent in terms of paperwork to let them know my bid is bona fida, as if we get a Mortgage Approval Certificate from the lender of our choice it will cover a certain value of the house.

Hoping this is not a stupid question and some could advise of best route to take.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Hi Peter,
    Estate Agents usually look for evidence that you have been mortgage approved in order to accept your bid. I would therefore advise you to apply for 'An Approval in Principle' which will last 6 months. Do you have to sell your own house in order to release the funds to purchase new house or do you have 75% as savings?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Trish56 wrote: »
    Hi Peter,
    Estate Agents usually look for evidence that you have been mortgage approved in order to accept your bid. I would therefore advise you to apply for 'An Approval in Principle' which will last 6 months. Do you have to sell your own house in order to release the funds to purchase new house or do you have 75% as savings?

Hi Trish56

Many thanks for your advice I have got our Mortgage Approval Certificate and am now going through the rigours of dealing with the EA. Wish me luck !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You will have no bother ...best of luck

Advertisement