Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmm, is it worth investing in a 360 now?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi all, so I am thinking of getting an x360, strictly for exclusives since I have a WiiU and ps3/4. I am not into multiplayer games, mostly single player. Is it worth it? Or should I stick with what I have?

What's games would you guys recommend that would be worth my time?

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The 360 has an amazing back catalogue, if you already have a ps3 you obviously need to go through exclusive first. I'd start with the gears of war trilogy, all the halos, for a motorsports, mass effect trilogy (first one never made it to ps3), amped 3, crackdown, geometry wars, shadow complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Depends on how much it cost you and how much you get out of it.

Others of note are, the original Saints Row, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Alan Wake, Fables 2 , Gears Of War, Halo games, Project Gotham Racing, Forza (Horizon was my favorite) if you like JRPG check out Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon.

After that and stone deaf mentioned theres not much else exclusive thats 'must play' tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

don't forget state of decay guys :) brilliant little arcade game :) (think its on pc also though)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The original Crackdown!

<ping>

You would pick up Halo 3 and 4 for nothing now, would be worth a whirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

and you've got a fair chunk of the original xbox catalogue to work with too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'm in the same situation as the OP (readyletsgo) here.

A few queries for those in the know......

1. Is there any incarnations of the Xbox I should avoid due to high failure rates or low memory causing probs (xbox arcade maybe)?

2. Where would be the best/cheapest place to buy one new?

3. If buying 2nd hand what would you expect to pay?

4. How are they fixed for playing the old xbox original discs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

mikom wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation as the OP (readyletsgo) here.

A few queries for those in the know......

1. Is there any incarnations of the Xbox I should avoid due to high failure rates or low memory causing probs (xbox arcade maybe)?

2. Where would be the best/cheapest place to buy one new?

3. If buying 2nd hand what would you expect to pay?

4. How are they fixed for playing the old xbox original discs?

1. The earlier white ones have no HDMI and only came in a good bit into its life i think 2007 late is when the white ones 1st got HDMI in them. The best would be to pick up a Elite 120GB or if you can find a cheap 250GB silm line xbox.

2. No clue about new ones but i think there are still nearly 200 euros with a few games new.

3. Adverts or DoneDeal or the local things for sale page for a 2nd hand one you can pay from something as crazy as 50 euros but they are around 120 euros with a lot of games maybe even 20 games. Try and pick up a Flashed one ;) i did worked out about 70 euros for it completely worth it in the long run.

4. They can play xbox games no problem but i am not sure on this but there is quite a few that don't work a list can be found online but major ones will work. The last time i put a xbox game into my 360 was back in 08 and back then you had to have it online to download a small patch for the game to say you have the rights to play it on your 360.

Hope that helps

Advertisement