Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new debit card, card damaged, 7 days?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi 

I've applied online for a new card as the chip part of my debit card is damaged. I've been told it will take 7 to 10 days? The swipe part still works  - can I get cash back at a shop using this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi corsica,

Thanks for your post.

The chip and pin would usually be required to make a point of sale payment. It would be at the discretion of the individual retailer if they are happy to accept a signature and provide cash back.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

Thanks Tara - what am I to do for cash over next 7 - 10 days?  No BOI convenient to work - surely they can issue card sooner than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi corsica,

A card requested online can take up to ten days however, they can sometimes arrive sooner. We hope this is the case in this instance.

If you are unable to call into a branch which photo id, one option that may help, would be to transfer funds to a family member or friend and they could use their card to withdraw cash for you. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Hi corsica,

A card requested online can take up to ten days however, they can sometimes arrive sooner. We hope this is the case in this instance.

If you are unable to call into a branch which photo id, one option that may help, would be to transfer funds to a family member or friend and they could use their card to withdraw cash for you.

Thanks
    Tara
    holy god, can BOI be serious? THIS is their stance on the poor service and slowness of getting a card? Thanks to BOI and their incompetency I have had to open a new account in Spain and as soon as I return AIB will be getting mine and my partners business.

Is there nothing that could quicken up the process of getting a new card???

Advertisement