Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 NFL Superbowl XLIX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

4 points down. 25 seconds. A yard out, 2nd down, and Lynch is on fire, pretty much.

Seahawks should have won that.

Congrats to the Pats fans on here. Ye must be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Seahawks
    I wonder where all the patriots fans who wanted brady benched at the start of the season are thinking!

I'd imagine they're incredibly happy, like every other Patriot fan.

Am so relieved I finally got to see Brady win a SB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Seahawks
    I wonder where all the patriots fans who wanted brady benched at the start of the season are thinking!

Who? Didn't see any here.
    Couple of guys in the media should hang up their analysis boots though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Not a bad time to have your first career interception!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Congrats Pats fans. That was one of the weirdest finishes I've ever seen!

As for the Seahawks - as bad as we supposedly shat the bed in the NFC final, the Seahawks have outdone us tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Seahawks
    eagle eye wrote: »
    That's uncalled for, and I wasn't one of them.

how was it uncalled for and I didn't mention any posters here.

It was all over the media and **** at the start of the season! I just find the fickle nature of some fans amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Seahawks
    Brady drove the length of the field twice in the final 8 minutes against one of the best defences of all time on the biggest stage.

Didn't win it?

Kiss his rings mate!

Brady drove the length of the field twice in the final 8 minutes against one of the best defences of all time on the biggest stage.

Didn't win it?

Kiss his rings mate!

I think ye're being overly harsh on him. In that situation with 25 seconds left, Seahawks should have won the game, regardless of Brady's great 4th quarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Seahawks
    I want to party with Gronk!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What a game. What an ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Was going for the Hawks, but I cannot be upset that Julian Edelman is getting a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭polaris68

Seahawks
    Butler lit Lockette up on that interception!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Thank God I don't have to listen to Wilson spouting his God shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

eagle eye wrote: »
    You really haven't a clue.

Whatever mate

Seahawks

It's amazing they never thank god for humbling them with a loss, but only with wins, Sorry kids with bone cancer, Russel Wilson needs me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Knex. wrote: »
    I think ye're being overly harsh on him. In that situation with 25 seconds left, Seahawks should have won the game, regardless of Brady's great 4th quarter.

In fairness, Seahawks were totally blessed to be in that position due to a totally freak play.

As a Giants fan, you are used to those sort of plays in Superbowls (lucky fecker), but that was more jaw dropping then the bad play call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seahawks
    Delighted for TB to be honest. Such a likeable guy, and he must have been thinking 'not again' when Kearse made that ridiculous catch. After the 2008 and 2012 gutting losses, he deserved one more.

But **** me, that play ball was just trying to be way too smart. I've no doubt the Hawks would be 31-28 winners if he had have handed it off to Lynch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Seahawks
    Great resolve from the Pats to get back from 24-14 early in the 3rd quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Insane ending :eek:

Wish they would stfu about the balls now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Seahawks literally threw that away

• Advertisement

Didn't win it?

Kiss his rings mate!

Fair play to him but at the end of the day all that means fcuk all if the hawkes didnt make the worst play in sb history, had they ran it the game was all over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

There's definitely an aspect of the Seahawks fcking up that game as much as the Patriots winning. Brady played some fine stuff in the second half but that call... The scale of how bad it was is much greater than the scale of what the Pats did well (if that makes sense). Mindblowingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Seahawks
    First time I've bothered staying up for the presentation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seahawks

It boils down to doing your job. Brady delivered for his team when it mattered, Wilson didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Seahawks

And they say religious people are arr over obsessed with what non religious people say. So he is religious so what. So is Brady as far as I know

Seahawks
    It boils down to doing your job. Brady delivered for his team when it mattered, Wilson didn't.

While I agree with you up to a point the SeaHawks lost it. Damn there is a lot of boos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Seahawks
    Feckin great stuff. Can't help thinking the pass option was down to Wilson's ego.

COME ON YOU PATS!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Seahawks
    Still think its weird that the team owners get presented with he trophy.
    Kraft is pretty likable all the same, but still.....

While I agree with you up to a point the SeaHawks lost it. Damn there is a lot of boos

Dont you know if you say that you dont know what your talking about:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Bill still giving nothing away!

• Advertisement

Seahawks
    And they say religious people are arr over obsessed with what non religious people say. So he is religious so what. So is Brady as far as I know

"god" isn't the one who teaches him how to play, puts the work in the gym, isn't the other 52 players on the team, besides god is too busy giving kids diseases to care about sport, or is he too busy helping out in sports to help sick kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Anybody get all predictions correct
    Anthem length 2m02s
    Coin toss Tails
    End of first half 01:00,
    End of game 03:06
    Winners Patriots
    Half time score 14-14
    Full time score 28-24
    MVP Tom Brady

Anybody win money :D

Seahawks
    brady thanks family riends and team mates. Good guy Tom!

Wilson should have been handing that to Lynch 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th down if required, though.

Brady couldn't have done better in his last few drives, but really, if Carroll hadn't tried to be too smart, it shouldn't have mattered for anything.

I'm off to hit they hay anyways. Great game. Enjoy the win, Pats fans.

Seahawks
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    Dont you know if you say that you dont know what your talking about:rolleyes:

WHAT???

Brady played well and helped it win. BUT it was the LAST pay by the Seawalks that loist it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Seahawks
    GRONK is hilarious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Gronk sounded like Jedward during that interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I love Gronk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

You have to love Gronk

• Advertisement

Seahawks
    "god" isn't the one who teaches him how to play, puts the work in the gym, isn't the other 52 players on the team, besides god is too busy giving kids diseases to care about sport, or is he too busy helping out in sports to help sick kids

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Okay my point was who gives a flying you you what if he is religious it should not be your primary concern if he should win or not.

WHAT???

Brady played well and helped it win. BUT it was the LAST pay by the Seawalks that loist it

I Know mate, i agree i said the same thing and was told i didnt know what i was talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Seahawks
    Surely Edelman had a better shout for MVP no?

Seahawks
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    I Know mate, i agree i said the same thing and was told i didnt know what i was talking about

Ah ya sorry you were agreeing with me. Did not get the sarcasm part untill i read back. My bad. At least the 2 of us agree

Seahawks
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Okay my point was who gives a flying you you what if he is religious it should not be your primary concern if he should win or not.

IT annoys me when they spout it. It lessens the effort of everybody who gets to that spot. Also I have stated my utter dislike for him and his **** eating grin and completely created for marketing good guy thing a long time now

Is it august yet:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Anybody get all predictions correct
    Anthem length 2m02s
    Coin toss Tails
    End of first half 01:00,
    End of game 03:06
    Winners Patriots
    Half time score 14-14
    Full time score 28-24
    MVP Tom Brady

Anybody win money :D

had them all in an accum with katies first song ;)

off to count winnings :p

Seahawks
    IT annoys me when they spout it. It lessens the effort of everybody who gets to that spot. Also I have stated my utter dislike for him and his **** eating grin and completely created for marketing good guy thing a long time now

Okay if you dislike him personally that is fine. BUT AND I SAY BUT his only personal religious feelings should not be put into it. Does it bother who he plays for. They know what got them there. People with no religous beliefs or those who had some now don't should not give a crap what people say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seahawks
    Wilson should have been handing that to Lynch 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th down if required, though.

Brady couldn't have done better in his last few drives, but really, if Carroll hadn't tried to be too smart, it shouldn't have mattered for anything.

I'm off to hit they hay anyways. Great game. Enjoy the win, Pats fans.

We gave up an incredibly soft TD before half time. Everybody in my house saw it coming, called the coverage and Arrignton screwed it up and gave up the TD. But that's football, it could have cost us but it didn't.

Seahawks
    Okay if you dislike him personally that is fine. BUT AND I SAY BUT his only personal religious feelings should not be put into it. Does it bother who he plays for. They know what got them there. People with no religous beliefs or those who had some now don't should not give a crap what people say

If they shouldn't be into it then he should keep it out of stuff that is broadcast to 100,000,000 people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Shocking shocking shocking play call.

But Wilson needs to execute, he totally mangled the throw. If Butler doesn't intercept Browner would have anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement