Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 NFL Superbowl XLIX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Seahawks
    If they shouldn't be into it then he should keep it out of stuff that is broadcast to 100,000,000 people!

WHY.

I dunno guys. I'm pretty sure the ball was a bit flat after the last patriot touchdown.deflated_football.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Seahawks
    WHY.

why should I not be allowed to comment on his personal beliefs if he puts it put there even if I don't want to hear it?

Seahawks
    I have a question and I know it is probably not the thread but as not an uber serious guy in NFL what does an under inflated ball help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Live or die all year with the run, In the end passing kills them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah there is enough arguments about religion on this site without dragging it into this forum too.

Seahawks
    I have a question and I know it is probably not the thread but as not an uber serious guy in NFL what does an under inflated ball help

Smaller hands, better grip of the ball, i imagine easier to catch also

Seahawks
    why should I not be allowed to comment on his personal beliefs if he puts it put there even if I don't want to hear it?

You can but you make it like anyone who has a religious point of view should not win it and you bring it up when no one else mentioned it or cared. So why bring it up.

Seahawks
    You can but you make it like anyone who has a religious point of view should not win it and you bring it up when no one else mentioned it or cared. So why bring it up.

lol yeah go re read the thread, I clearly was not the first one who mentioned it

Seahawks
    Ah there is enough arguments about religion on this site without dragging it into this forum too.

That was my question but I did not articulate it right

• Advertisement

Seahawks
    lol yeah go re read the thread, I clearly was not the first one who mentioned it

Have not read the whole thread but you replied to a post on it so replied to yours and I thought I had multi quoted the both so I am sorry but my question still stand really care to answer it. And as another poster sayes why bring religon in to it at all. WHY DO YOU CARE

Seahawks
    Have not read the whole thread but you replied to a post on it so replied to yours and I thought I had multi quoted the both so I am sorry but my question still stand really care to answer it. And as another poster sayes why bring religon in to it at all. WHY DO YOU CARE

I already said ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Watching it all again on Channel 4 +1:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Surely Edelman had a better shout for MVP no?

Yea I agree. he had a brilliant game. he is hugely underrated. the model Patriots/Belichick type player. Just like Troy Brown.
    Great win. Really enjoyed that game. And the ending! Carroll u smart arse!! Malcolm who? Malcolm BUTLER!!:)

Seahawks
    I already said ffs

NOPE All you said was the rest of the team may think. I am asking Why you do not like a guy due to religon. If there is more fine but that is not the reason you ( and that other poster who in fairness I should have also quotedO are putting forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

JESUS!! enough with the religon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

Seahawks
    Brady drove the length of the field twice in the final 8 minutes against one of the best defences of all time on the biggest stage.

Didn't win it?

Kiss his rings mate!

yup WORLD CHAMPIONS no less.. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Watching it all again on Channel 4 +1:D

Let us know in the morning who wins that will ya, im off to bed now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seahawks
    mada999 wrote: »
    yup WORLD CHAMPIONS no less.. haha

You had the game over in the third quarter with the patriots only ten points down ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Seahawks
    B8zwdO6CYAIFu66.jpg

EDIT* This might not make sense to you who didn't see the "super bowl ads"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Let us know in the morning who wins that will ya, im off to bed now:D

Seattle wins it with an obvious pass play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

Seahawks
    Great resolve from the Pats to get back from 24-14 early in the 3rd quarter.

History making?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Seahawks
    B8zwdO6CYAIFu66.jpg

lol that ad was fcuked up. too many ads trying to pull at the heartstrings this year

After Butlers interception I think I saw an actual wrinkle appear on Carrolls 60+ face at the end:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

As a " newbie " to the sport I have to say that was brilliant entertainment. Did I get lucky or is it always this good??? This means I have to be a patriot fan from now on!.

Just a quick question, even I realise how stupid throwing the ball was in that last Seattle play but who's responsible? Does the coach call all the plays or does the quarterback have an input?

Would Brady/Wilson just be following orders are are they given choices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Seahawks
    tastyt wrote: »
    As a " newbie " to the sport I have to say that was brilliant entertainment. Did I get lucky or is it always this good??? This means I have to be a patriot fan from now on!.

You won't find a more exciting game than American football. I've been a Pats fan since 1983, long before our success started. Your welcome to the club, just don't be sunshine supporter.
    Just a quick question, even I realise how stupid throwing the ball was in that last Seattle play but who's responsible? Does the coach call all the plays or does the quarterback have an input?

More than likely it was Carroll. Although it is possible the Offensive Coordinator called the play, with Carroll intending to run the ball if the quick pass play didn't work.

Wilson follows orders from the sidelines. Brady's is on a different level. He can change and will call plays as he see fit, or if he gets a certain read from a defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Anybody get all predictions correct
    Anthem length 2m02s
    Coin toss Tails
    End of first half 01:00,
    End of game 03:06
    Winners Patriots
    Half time score 14-14
    Full time score 28-24
    MVP Tom Brady

Anybody win money :D

Turned €450 into €950

The following is in reverse chronological order. All in-play.

n5E2ETj.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That I even need to say this, but please no more debating the merits of players' religious beliefs or the neo-athiest movement, thanks

Seahawks
    what an excellent football game congrats to the pats thoroughly deserved. pete carroll you just made the worst play call in nfl history. having said that i dont buy the pats where lucky talk they had to make a play on that ball and they did.

have to think this is the end of the seahawks team as they are the cap is going to really start affecting them now

Seahawks

The better qb's in the league can change up plays at the line of scrimmage depending on coverage/favourable/not favourable match ups.
    Qb's like this off the top of my head are rodgers, brady, manning, rothelsberger.

Wilson in my eyes is a guy who hands the ball off to marshawn lynch and occasionally throws/runs the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Seahawks
    im Drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Have to agree with the lads above. Yes Brady was awesome and he deserves MVP for the last two TD drives but if Seattle runs it in then it's a moot point.

Just shows you how perceptions of people and how people are remembered can come down to the smallest of margins. Seattle wins and Wilson has two SBs in his short career and Brady has lost 3 superbowls in a row, might not get another one and he remains behind Bradshaw et al on 3 rings. The play goes wrong and he's got his 4th ring and arguably the best QB of all time.

Not taking anything away from him but just funny the way sport works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Seahawks
    No matter who deserved it or not, Seahawks blew it, i still cant believe they threw it from the 1 yard line, with Lynch practically guaranteed to run it in, mind boggling decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Seahawks
    Another great Superbowl, as if getting up early on Monday wasn't bad enough, you have to go to bed with heart pounding.

I think the Pats were the best team on the night, the Seahawks had some remarkable big (not to mention lucky) plays that handed them the initiative. I thought they got a bit too conservative a bit too early when they went up 24-14.

Cliff Avril going out hurt Seattle (not to mention the CB who broke his arm early in the first quarter)

The play call at the end was abhorrent. Wait to see sports writers will fall over themselves to take the opposite or controversial view that it wasn't that bad (I suppose they need to fill column inches) But sometimes the best call is the most obvious one. I was screaming at the TV when they broke huddle and Wilson went into shotgun! I thought maybe a QB draw/option. It was a bad call, a bad throw, and the WR may have been able to do more to break it up, but it was a great break on the Ball by Butler.

It will be forgotten now ,but i also could not believe that BB did not call a timeout after Lynch's run to the 1 yard line. I even thought he may let Seattle score (sleep-deprived reasoning) to give Brady 1 minute for a final drive, instead they would not have gotten a chance had Seattle managed to pound it in.

Congratulations to both teams. I'm still undecided as to which is worse....getting blown out in a Super Bowl and knowing early you are out matched (I have plenty of experience with those thanks to Denver) or losing in such heartbreaking fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Have to agree with the lads above. Yes Brady was awesome and he deserves MVP for the last two TD drives but if Seattle runs it in then it's a moot point.

Just shows you how perceptions of people and how people are remembered can come down to the smallest of margins. Seattle wins and Wilson has two SBs in his short career and Brady has lost 3 superbowls in a row, might not get another one and he remains behind Bradshaw et al on 3 rings. The play goes wrong and he's got his 4th ring and arguably the best QB of all time.

Not taking anything away from him but just funny the way sport works out.

And from what I saw the pass thrown by Wilson was millimeters away from a score.

The better qb's in the league can change up plays at the line of scrimmage depending on coverage/favourable/not favourable match ups.
    Qb's like this off the top of my head are rodgers, brady, manning, rothelsberger.

Wilson in my eyes is a guy who hands the ball off to marshawn lynch and occasionally throws/runs the ball.

Harsh on Wilson. It was big headed Carroll's decision not to run the ball at the end. Wilson could easily have 2 super bowls wins and his standing in the game would look allot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭tripperman

i still cant figure out when they didnt let beast mode run it in, after all the said during the week they wanted to get him mvp, can anyone else see the sense in giving that penalty away on the 1yard line, if they had got the safety they still could have got a fg chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭tripperman

i still cant figure out when they didnt let beast mode run it in, after all the said during the week they wanted to get him mvp, can anyone else see the sense in giving that penalty away on the 1yard line, if they had got the safety they still could have got a fg chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seahawks
    Even after watching it live and watching it again I still don't understand the mindset of Pete Carroll and the seahawks and them going for the pass in that setting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Seahawks
    Made some ridiculously spicy Chicken wings last night. My lips are still burning this morning.

Anyway, Seattle's play call at the end reminiscent of the 49ers passing 3 times from the 5 yard line when Gore had been tearing it up. Last night was worse though, they were on the 1 yard line.

Brady did very well last night, picked apart the secondary in the second half. The 2 picks weren't great but he got it done when it counted.

Interesting to see how Seattle approach the off season, no reason why they can't keep most of that team together for at least one more year. They won't be too far away again next year, the Cardinals likely their biggest in division threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

By my count, that make it the sixth superbowl that Brady/Belichik and the Patriots have either won or lost by either 3 or 4 points, you could probably fit at least four of those games into a top ten superbowls of all-time. I suppose the lesson for me is I should have stayed up to watch the game, since when the Patriots are playing, it's always close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Even after watching it live and watching it again I still don't understand the mindset of Pete Carroll and the seahawks and them going for the pass in that setting.

Seemingly the only pass from the 1 yard line that was intercepted the entire season.

Seahawks
    Harsh on Wilson. It was big headed Carroll's decision not to run the ball at the end. Wilson could easily have 2 super bowls wins and his standing in the game would look allot better.

Is it harsh though?? Yes I agree Lynch should of been given the ball, but they said you know what Russel, we are putting this on your shoulders, whatever you do right no do not throw a pick.He hands it off to lynch and lynch is now the running back that got them their second sb, that's a whole lot of leverage for a rb, as of now they got beastmode who tbh didn't really do a whole lot and a qb who threw 5 picks in two games and cost the team a sb up for contract renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭cosatron

Some of the decisions by the seattle coaching staff were a bit odd. the dog out on the street knew that brady was going to take a 2 to 3 step drop and get the ball out fast using short slants, underneath route and perimeter pass as he cant throw a deep ball much anymore and they couldn't counter act it the whole game and considering he didn't go near Sherman all night and had no run game. Also putting Kj wright out on Gronk for his touchdown was just a terrible decision, talk about a gimme. BB and his team outcoached Pete carroll to no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Seahawks
    MNKOY1M.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Really enjoyed the game I must say

Is it harsh though?? Yes I agree Lynch should of been given the ball, but they said you know what Russel, we are putting this on your shoulders, whatever you do right no do not throw a pick.He hands it off to lynch and lynch is now the running back that got them their second sb, that's a whole lot of leverage for a rb, as of now they got beastmode who tbh didn't really do a whole lot and a qb who threw 5 picks in two games and cost the team a sb up for contract renewal

yea I do think its harsh on Wilson, but I'm only assuming Carroll/Coaching team called that play

If Wilson called it, im afraid he deserves to be categorized amongst the "Finkle" QB rather than the elite you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Is there anywhere online I can watch the whole game now? Was travelling when the game was on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Seahawks
    What a fabulous game that was last night. Especially when you look back at last years game. When The Legion of Boom bullied the Broncos and Manning cracked under pressure. The Pats are a team not to be bullied and Brady is the one QB you can bet your house onto never crack. What a performance by him. Overcoming a record 4th quarter 10 point deficit and launching those two fantastic TD drives to win the game. And against what many see as the best & most dominant defense of all time. As a Packers fan and having lost to the Seahawks twice this year, it was great to see that happening. Brady I salute you, last night removed any doubt, you really are the GOAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Can't believe the last play-call, has to go down as about the worst play-call ever, considering the stakes involved and the virtual certainty of running it in from the 1-yard line. And not just the pass-play, but the type of pass-play, throwing it into a tight window like that.

Not taking anything away from the Patriots, and don't subscribe to the fact that they got lucky. They put themselves in a position to get lucky when they came back from 10 down.

But when I think back on that game, will be hard to escape the play-call when you have a running-back like Marshawn Lynch, and 3 downs to get it in from the 1-yard line.

Advertisement