Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NFL Superbowl XLIX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Seahawks
    Pretty much sums up what I am thinking as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm in the same boat, would so much have preferred a Pats Packers SB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Seahawks
    I would have preferred the Pack to be playing Pats. But I think this is an absolutely fascinating match up. I won't be taking my eyes off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Seahawks
    I would have preferred the Pack to be playing Pats. But I think this is an absolutely fascinating match up. I won't be taking my eyes off it.

Same here. I think it will be a very tight game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

The poll ends on the 18th February at 15:51 :)
    Can't wait to see what the poll will be like between the end of the game and the end of the poll :D

Anyway a few quick predictions
    Patriots 31-37 Seahawks (I hope not! C'mon the Pats)

Length of anthem 1m16s

Time game ends 01:54 (Irish Winter Time)

MVP Kam Chancellor

Any other ideas for predictions :pac:

• Advertisement

The poll ends on the 18th February at 15:51 :)
    Can't wait to see what the poll will be like between the end of the game and the end of the poll :D

Anyway a few quick predictions
    Patriots 31-37 Seahawks (I hope not! C'mon the Pats)

Length of anthem 1m16s

Time game ends 01:54 (Irish Winter Time)

MVP Kam Chancellor

Any other ideas for predictions :pac:

You think it'll be all wrapped up in just over 2 hours???

Probably 2:27 :pac: but it's a prediction :D

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but I'd have a conservative estimate at a time of 4 hours including the half time show, putting us around 03:30-04:00 Irish time.

You're right about the time but I've decided to go for a prediction outside the normal time :D

Last year the game ended at 2:55, can't see it ending much earlier than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Seahawks

Last year the game ended at 2:55, can't see it ending much earlier than that

Don't be surprised if this goes to overtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Seahawks
    Vandango wrote: »

Don't be saying that, I start a new job at 7 on Monday morning.
    Hope the patriots run riot in first half so I can get some sleep!!! Highly doubtfull though. Expect a really tight contest.
    Not much talk of la fell in the build up, so looking for him to step up big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seahawks
    Vandango wrote: »

Well it woud be first if it did go to overtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I said i fancied the seahawkes at wk 5 and got slated for it , well they got this far so ill stick with them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Still undecided, however currently wearing a Seahawks hat and a sounders top on..

Seahawks
    I picked the pats in the poll and I think the pats will win 21-17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The amount of overnight American football experts on social media is driving me mad and it's only 2pm. :mad::pac:

Seahawks
    Paully D wrote: »
    The amount of overnight American football experts on social media is driving me mad and it's only 2pm. :mad::pac:

Sure monday morning us all year round fans will have it back to ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seahawks

You want to be annoyed, spend a few minutes reading this...
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057372202/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You want to be annoyed, spend a few minutes reading this...
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057372202/1

Ugh, those threads happen every year in AH on the day of the game. Didn't take long for the inevitable "rugby is better, NFL players are pussys with all their padding" to come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

9 out of the last 10 Super Bowl games were won by the team wearing white. Pats will be wearing white so I predict they'll win, but I'll be cheering on the Seahawks. As a diehard NY Jets fan I despise Belichick and the Pats.

Had to move up my Super Bowl party to mid afternoon because we're expecting to get 8 inches (20 cm) of snow starting an hour before kickoff, and most guests are wimps so will be leaving as soon as the snowflakes show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Both no 1 seeds, both 12-4. Pats beating 4 Conf leaders by over 20 points each and Seattle playing the best football last half of season. Pats 0 with Brady going against the no#1 D again with Thomas,Chancellor and Sherman. a game of attrition. Going to be the most watched SB in history and tickets going for 10k now. Seahawks to do it.

Seahawks
    interestingly this is probably the first Super Bowl in a while where both teams will have an us against the world attitude and even though a lot of people dislike both teams its probably the hardest Super Bowl to call in recent history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Can't call it. Won't call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Seahawks
    Yeah, I won't pretend to like either team. I usually pull for the AFC representative, but as long as there is drama (Super Bowl XLVIII - I'm looking at you) I will be happy enough. I'll wait to see who falls behind and pull for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I''ll be offline tonight, disgraceful on superbowl Sunday but I have to fly tonight for work and won't see the game! I'm deeply ashamed of myself so I'll have an internet blackout til I land and then watch the game.
    Should be a great game, I'm picking the pats by four but wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised with a Seattle win. Enjoy the game everyone!

Seahawks
    Got the pre superbowl sleep in for the last two hours so i'm good to go now.

Is it just me out of the neutrals that are struggling to get excited about this? Very strange and I can't even put my finger on why, but it's just not getting my pulse racing at all. Maybe it will be different once the day of the game comes around.

Yep, starting to get excited now watching the build up on NBC. Though being ill and having to be up at 6am tomorrow morning doesn't help. This better not go to overtime! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

That is rough paully!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Is there any food delivery places doing specials tonight?

• Advertisement

Nice to see John Harbaugh on the coverage. He should be a great addition tonight in terms of the X's and O's.

Advertisement