Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a work reference?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Looking at renting a property at the moment and getting my application kit together(an envelope of stuff to give the agent at viewings). What exactly is a work reference though? I am using a photocopy of my contract(salary, hours, start date) and a recent payslip(proof of ongoing employment). There is a phone number and email address and I've asked the receptionist and MD(it's a small company) to confirm I work here if they get called up. Is that sufficient, or what should I be using?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's normally a letter on company letterhead saying something like:
    To Whom it May Concern

This is to confirm that MrMorooka is employed at <<company name>> in <<location>> as a <<whatever>>.

S/he has been with us since <<date>> and is a valued employee of our company.

If you have any questions about this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me on <<company landline number>> or <<boss's mobile number>>.

Yours faithfully
    <<MrMorooka's manager's name>>
    <<MrMorooka's manager's job title>>

IMHO showing them payslips is OTT, but some LL's will want to see them.

Advertisement