Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 19/01/2015 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ricero wrote: »
    im fine with wyatt beating taker as long as its takers last match and he gets to retire him. Needs a decent build though

If Wyatt beats Taker at Wrestlemania I may just stop watching. That was a once in a lifetime thing reserved for someone who they could push to the moon like Lesnar.

Not a midcard heel with pretty much no heat.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why do they call up the Ascension when they haven't a clue what to do with them.
    In the scrap heap with the likes of Bo Dallas, Xavier Woods and Adam Rose you go.

Btw they way to get knocked out properly was the way Flair did. Hilarious.
    The Rumble numbers video was underwhelming too :(
    Not everyone can be the guy. Raw segments and decent short matches is absolutely the right place for Rose and Woods.

I enjoyed Bo Dallas but he was coming off as a face when he was supposed to be a heel. That doesn't fly with the uppers.

Just because The Ascension weren't parachuted in with ideas of immediate greatness doesn't mean they can't succeed in the tag team division if they make gold with what they're given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As long as he don't speak and say baby :p
    Hey baby, I kinda liked that last night. It reminded me of an NWA heel coming out and demanding someone step up to him. That's the way a heel should be presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CSF wrote: »
    Not everyone can be the guy. Raw segments and decent short matches is absolutely the right place for Rose and Woods.

They are going nowhere. The New Day are embarrassing & uncomfortable to be honest. I think the crowd are baffled every time they come out leaping about and Big E does his Martin Luther King impersonation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wrestlemania 32

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/557593510170222592

B7z88FxIcAEhJvC.jpg

The capacity could be close to 100,000 people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh I think far too much is being made of the Ascension stuff.

JBL ran them down on commentary but thats only because they have been given an angle upon their arrival of disrespecting past tag teams while having squash matches against nobodies.

Yes they suffered a 7-2 attack at the hand of the legends but they now have a Royal Rumble match out of it where the New Age outlaws (The only pair of said legends who can really still go in the ring) will probably put them over strong.

People are talking about the Ascension while the tag team champs are once again involved in a feud that nobody cares about cos its just them having the same match over and over again just like they did with RhodesDust and the Wyatts before them.

Would not be surprised at all to see the Ascension in the tag title match at mania if there is one.

ERG89 wrote: »
    They are going nowhere. The New Day are embarrassing & uncomfortable to be honest. I think the crowd are baffled every time they come out leaping about and Big E does his Martin Luther King impersonation
    Not everyone should be going somewhere though. They're there for a bit of light entertainment in between the 'real' superstars who have 'real' feuds.

It only really counts as dropping the ball when the person involves should really be in the upper/upper midcard. But not everyone can be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

rovert wrote: »
    Wrestlemania 32

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/557593510170222592

B7z88FxIcAEhJvC.jpg

The capacity could be close to 100,000 people.

Guaranteed Taker going into HOF next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't really like the Ascension so I don't care too much about the way they've been treated. I'm more worried about what it means for the guys on NXT I do like.

I really enjoyed the ending of Raw. It reminded me of the classic episodes of years gone by.

I thought it was a bit sad watching Hall and Nash if I'm honest. Watching them was a bit like one of those wrestling convention gigs where you see the old timers wandering around afraid to let go of the past. I respect Hall for dealing with his difficulties but he needs a haircut and to stop trying to be 90s Hall (who was probably too old for a lot of that stuff then). I know that sounds very Cornette-esque. I actually found myself wondering if he was watching and what he'd make of it all. I found the segment fun for what it was, just a bit sad all the same.

Didn't mind Bryan losing as Kane was out there and it sets up the Smackdown match.

The New Day stuff is beyond cringeworthy at this point. If they want to try and salvage this then they need to turn them heel, but I don't think it's worth that. Time to scrap it.

I liked the segment that set up the Reigns confrontation. Michaels made me laugh a couple of times. No wretched promo from Reigns this week which was also a plus.

Undoubtedly the star of the show was Brock. Everything he did was brilliant. Gonna be a real shame if he leaves.

Overall, good stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Two things I dont think has been mentioned yet.

1) Does any else think they are setting up a Brock and Heyman split on Sunday after Brock grabbed the mic and almost pushed Heyman aside?

2) Im surprised no one has brought this one up yet. Didnt Michaels pretty much blank Hogan when the Hulkster offered his hand to shake? I got the impression Shawn didnt want to be there last night. I get that from him a lot during his "Legends" appearances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Two things I dont think has been mentioned yet.

1) Does any else think they are setting up a Brock and Heyman split on Sunday after Brock grabbed the mic and almost pushed Heyman aside?

Yes a Brock Heyman split does like look likely with perhaps Heyman joining Rollins and Authority

I was kinda expecting Hogan or HBK to say after Reigns made the save they changed their rumble winner pick to him :p

I think that that segment pretty much solidified the fact that this is WWE's guy going forward. I hope I'm wrong though. If Paul Heyman leaves Brock Lesnar, he won't be as good probably.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

is The Ascensions problem not that they are awful and fit like a square peg in a round hole rather than their booking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

BMMachine wrote: »
    is The Ascensions problem not that they are awful and fit like a square peg in a round hole rather than their booking?

They have their limitations but NXT played to their strengths. They're supposed to be this monster tag team, dominant blah blah blah. But they've been made to look like complete geeks. They aren't dead in the water yet but it's not started well.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Think someone said it on Reddit first, but Cesaro should be in Big Show's spot right now - and since Survivor Series. Musceley heel being a pr*ck to impress the top brass. Doesn't need impressive mic skills, you just need to be an ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lol.

Sting reportedly “burned out” from hectic WWE schedule

Sources within World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) reveal that legendary professional wrestler Sting has resigned from the company, citing “burnout” from the rigors of non-stop touring and silent glowering.

The enigmatic wrestler, who made his first WWE appearance at Survivor Series last November and then another last night on Monday Night Raw, said he just “can’t spend so much time away from family anymore.”

In a prepared statement for reporters, Sting explained: “The airplanes, the hotels, the rental cars, the facepaint rashes —it takes such a toll, and I need a rest.”

Sting’s much-ballyhooed arrival in WWE late last year was considered a milestone in professional wrestling, since he was one of the only remaining major stars of the industry never to have performed in a WWE ring.

But with a seemingly endless string of two appearances under his belt, and another rumored for WrestleMania in March, the Icon realized he just couldn’t continue at such a gruelling pace.

Sting was last seen with Brock Lesnar as the duo were en route to the bank, laughing.
    http://www.kayfabenews.com/sting-reportedly-burned-hectic-wwe-schedule/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How come XPac doesn't go by Sean Waltman? Just seemed strange having Real name, Real Name, Wrestler name.

So is the Bunny storyline over, or will he eliminate Rose from the Rumble?

Wonder what the plans for the main event and Sting would've been if the vote had gone the other way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Hall and Nash were known as Hall and Nash in WCW. Waltman was Syxx - 1+2+3 = 6 geddit?!. I think he goes by some variation of Kid/Six/Pac when he does appearances.

I've seen him go as Syxx-Pac in places. He'll always be The Kid in my eyes anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've seen him go as Syxx-Pac in places. He'll always be The Kid in my eyes anyway.

He'll always be the guy who made a sex tape with Chyna in my eyes. My eyes, MY EYES :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Loughc wrote: »
    He'll always be the guy who made a sex tape with Chyna in my eyes. My eyes, MY EYES :(

HJlHnzn.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I love when Lesnar's music hits and he comes out looking like he's going to kill someone.

I think it works well that he's not on TV every week.

He's my favourite guy in WWE at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

veganrun wrote: »
    He's my favourite guy in WWE at the moment.

Don't get too attached. Can't see him hanging around much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rickamania1

Loved Raw this week. Big fan of the legends. Really enjoyed the backstage segment with the Clique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So that explains the Syxx! :D

What's with the "Pac"? Or "POCK" as JR pronounced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

So that explains the Syxx! :D

What's with the "Pac"? Or "POCK" as JR pronounced it.

I think its something like he used to be part of the Wolfpac, so ex-wolfpac = x-pac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

That helps somewhat, but wasn't he Syxx-pac in WCW?

Something to do with a 6-pack of beers? Maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Look up the thread its already explained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

1-2-3 kid = 1+2+3 = 6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

I've been meaning to ask for a few weeks now, but does anyone else record Raw on the UPC DVR and watch it back during the week? I've been doing this for a couple of years, and usually have no issue. But for the last few weeks now, every time I watch a bit of an episode and then come back later to watch some more, it doesn't give me the option of picking up where I last stopped.

It only seems to be happening with Raw, and any recordings that have been put on the DVR since the issue started have had no problem with playback, so I don't know if it's Sky Sports or just the programme or what. Has anyone else had this problem over the last few weeks?

Advertisement