Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Power Bank EUR 16.90

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's still no where near as portable as the 5000 mah. I really like how slim the 5000 model is and makes it easy to stick in an inside pocket in a jacket. Surprised they didn't stick in an extra USB out on the new large model to allow dual charging. Still its excellent value especially if the usual quality from Xiaomi. (Much better than buying via someone bulk ordering cheap gear on Ali and flogging via daily deal sites!).

For 3 times the price and saying it's because they're Irish/they're saving you the hassle... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Now guys which is better or quicker for delivery bang good or all buy
    Thanks 😀

GY A1 wrote: »
    Now guys which is better or quicker for delivery bang good or all buy
    Thanks 😀
    They are probably equal.

Sometimes the post can be quick, sometimes nearly 3 weeks..

But if you're referring to these, then for now anyway, I'd go with Allbuy.

If for no other reason than...........

Banggood have none in stock until the 21st of June.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Anyone that buy this able to track it? Purchases it about 10 days ago and if j try to track via the Allbuy app, I just get:

Carrier:Singapore Post
    State:AttemptFail

And then it says there's no shipping information available. But Allbuy have said its been shipped. Tried on the Singapore Post website too, but to no avail!

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Anyone that buy this able to track it? Purchases it about 10 days ago and if j try to track via the Allbuy app, I just get:

Carrier:Singapore Post
    State:AttemptFail

And then it says there's no shipping information available. But Allbuy have said its been shipped. Tried on the Singapore Post website too, but to no avail!
    I think the tracking option is only available if they use Sweden or Netherland post.
    Or possibly if yoiu pay the €1 extra.
    I paid the extra once, a day before another purchase, and the non-paid items arrived first.

My 5000mAh arrived two days ago, and 10,000mAh arrived today. All posted on the same day. LED lights for them arrived different days beginning last week.
    Everything was ordered on the 4th of June, so 22 days for the final items.
    Which is the longest i've waited since I have started using them.
    Obviously Europe/holidays/popularity of website & items, should be taken into account.

That said, the 10,000mAh is well worth getting, very portable, and a lot smaller than the (what now seems) clunky 104000mAh. :)

(My items were no longer trackable from about a week - 10 days ago. In Netherlands station.)

Allyall wrote: »
    I think the tracking option is only available if they use Sweden or Netherland post.
    Or possibly if yoiu pay the €1 extra.
    I paid the extra once, a day before another purchase, and the non-paid items arrived first.

My 5000mAh arrived two days ago, and 10,000mAh arrived today. All posted on the same day. LED lights for them arrived different days beginning last week.
    Everything was ordered on the 4th of June, so 22 days for the final items.
    Which is the longest i've waited since I have started using them.
    Obviously Europe/holidays/popularity of website & items, should be taken into account.

That said, the 10,000mAh is well worth getting, very portable, and a lot smaller than the (what now seems) clunky 104000mAh. :)

(My items were no longer trackable from about a week - 10 days ago. In Netherlands station.)

Perfect, I'll just sit tight and hope for the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My 100000 just arrived today, nice quality feel to it.

Instructions are all Chinese. Does it auto power off? When charging, if I left it connected to the phone all night, will it waste more of its power than if I switch it off once the phone gets to 100%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

The new model 10000 mah from xiaomi is much smaller than the older 10400 mah model, closer in size to the 5000 mah model.

Bangood have it on special, claiming 44% off. It's legit xiami gear.
    http://m.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5_1V-2_1A-10000mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-977406.html
    Coming in at just over USD 13 today shipped.

Is ordering from pretty much Banggood guaranteed to be a legit Xiaomi powerbank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is ordering from pretty much Banggood guaranteed to be a legit Xiaomi powerbank?

I've ordered several without any issues nor have I read of any.
    Like all Asian sellers make sure it states original xiaomi and not something like 'xiaomi style' in the product title.

Took delivery of an order from BG today which I placed on June 4th in case anyone is looking for an idea in shipping times.

I've ordered several without any issues nor have I read of any.
    Like all Asian sellers make sure it states original xiaomi and not something like 'xiaomi style' in the product title.

Great stuff - will order now - thanks.

• Advertisement

Ordered a 5000 & 10000 two weeks ago today and it just arrived, can't argue with those delivery times.

Thought the 5000 would be a bit smaller, very slim though. The 10000 is much smaller in length but maybe 3 times the width.

Both look fairly slick though and well made. Will report back when I've used them a few times.

an extra 10000mah arrived today... :D
    Didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it.. :D:D

Allyall wrote: »
    an extra 10000mah arrived today... :D
    Didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it.. :D:D

Lucky u lol

reply from allbuy

Dear customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that, there was a batch of orders accidentally lost by our logistics carriers. If your package is one of those, please kindly be more patient to wait. Until Now we've already arranged reshipment in priority by special shipping channels on July 8th.

In addition, we have started to cooperate with more professional shipping companies to enhance our delivery efficiency in the future.

Sorry again for so much inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Allbuy Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

My 5000 arrived this morning. \o/

Shipped on the 27th of June so 17 days!

My 10000 arrived today too - ordered on 26th June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

whats average charge time for the 10000?

zweton wrote: »
    whats average charge time for the 10000?

I haven't charged the 10000mAh, but the 10400mAh is long, I leave it in overnight. I'd imagine the 10000mAh is roughly the same.

how many devices will the 10400 charge? has it the potential to charge your iphone 2/3 times a day if needed?

• Advertisement

how many devices will the 10400 charge? has it the potential to charge your iphone 2/3 times a day if needed?

10400mAh
    2.5 Charges of the Mi 3/Asus Zenfone 2
    4.5 Charges of the iPhone 5S
    1.5 Charges of the iPad Mini

10000mAh
    2.1 Charges Xiaomi Note
    2 Charges Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    3.5 Charges iPhone 6
    1 Charge iPad

have the nexus 9 and an iphone 4.
    guessing they are all thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just ordered the 5000mAh from Bang good.

As a first time buyer from Bang good I downloaded their app and ordered through that as it gives you 10% off your first purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

adox wrote: »

As a first time buyer from Bang good I downloaded their app and ordered through that as it gives you 10% off your first purchase.

How much did it cost delivered with the discount?

How much did it cost delivered with the discount?

$12.41

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 redmicky

check to see if real.
    Authentication label, scratch off its coating to obtain the 20-digit security code, then enter the code for verification.
    mi.com/verify/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul wrote: »

Yeah, that's the one. The 10400 is the older bulkier version.

Arrived this morning, which is exactly two weeks from postage date. Quicker than I expected. Just charging it now.

How long do these take to charge? Mine seemed to be half charged already, if I`m reading it right.

Had it on charge for about two and a half hours and three lights are lit up with the fourth one still flashing. I presume they should all be fully lit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

How long do these take to charge? Mine seemed to be half charged already, if I`m reading it right.

Had it on charge for about two and a half hours and three lights are lit up with the fourth one still flashing. I presume they should all be fully lit?
    Yep, but it takes about 4.5 hours to charge mine fully with a standard (1.0A) charger. It doesn't seem to charge any quicker on my 2.1A charger.

But it holds the charge well and on a weekend away recently we charged two phones twice or three times each before it dropped to one LED.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

Good discount on the XIAOMI battery pack at the minute, only $11.99, $10 off. Some other good deals there too at the minute. Haven't used them before but reviews in here sound good.

Can't post a link as I'm too new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

hecmail wrote: »
    Good discount on the XIAOMI battery pack at the minute, only $11.99, $10 off. Some other good deals there too at the minute. Haven't used them before but reviews in here sound good.

Think this is it

http://www.banggood.com/Original-XIAOMI-5_1V-2_1A-10000mAh-Power-Bank-For-Smartphone-p-977406.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Is it safe to assume the Banggood Xiaomis are not fakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Is it safe to assume the Banggood Xiaomis are not fakes?

I've ordered several, all legit.

Also if you havent ordered from them before, download their app and order through that for a 10% discount on your first order.

hecmail wrote: »

Weird. Initially shows at 11.99 then quickly changes to 16.99 ?

Saw it on offer last night for 11.99 but was only few hours remaining :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

I've ordered two from allbuy
    https://www.allbuy.com/detail/25023

First one (ordered about a 6 weeks ago) came from NL with tracked postage (included for free). Arrived in 3 days.

Just ordered another on Sunday. Got NL tracking number again. So would expect it in 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Just ordered two for 11.99 each, the gold and pink versions are more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

dodzy wrote: »
    Weird. Initially shows at 11.99 then quickly changes to 16.99 ?

That happened me too. Thought it might be because I'm out of Ireland. Different countries, different prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

fugee wrote: »

First one (ordered about a 6 weeks ago) came from NL with tracked postage (included for free). Arrived in 3 days.

Just ordered another on Sunday. Got NL tracking number again. So would expect it in 3 days.
    Standard shipping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

fugee wrote: »

Ordered from them and got shipping confirmation on July 17 still hasnt arrived yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Credit card taking a serious beating last few weeks. I said 6 weeks of conservative living was on the cards. Didn't realise I needed 3 of these babies. Basically giving them away at that price. ;)

Credit card taking a serious beating last few weeks. I said 6 weeks of conservative living was on the cards. Realised immediately that I absolutely had no need for these as I've never had one up to now and the world has not stopped turning, but sure what the hell, just could not resist ordering 3 of them. Basically giving them away at that price. And yes, I know full well that they'll end up in the man drawer within a week ;)

FYP;)

Just copped the irony of your username too......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Ah but you'd be unfairly assuming with your alternative. I've on more than 2 occasions in the past 3 months wished I had a power source for my dog and bone. One of these was a genuine on the side of a hill miles from basically everywhere bogged to the balls waiting 5 hours for a tow.

And they'll make good presents anyway. Don't be such a blanket. :P

Ah but you'd be unfairly assuming with your alternative. I've on more than 2 occasions in the past 3 months wished I had a power source for my dog and bone. One of these was a genuine on the side of a hill miles from basically everywhere bogged to the balls waiting 5 hours for a tow.

And they'll make good presents anyway. Don't be such a blanket. :P

Bought 3 meself:D

On a serious note, they are a great piece of kit, particularly at that price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

On reading the thread I hadn't a clue what this was but in the spirit of loving s bargain, I just bought it :(
    On the plus side I think OH will probably be delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

I ordered 3 of the power banks with the 3 LEDs on the 22 July. The LEDs arrived a week earlier than the power banks. The power banks arrived today, very happy with them.

• Advertisement

I ordered 3 of the power banks with the 3 LEDs on the 22 July. The LEDs arrived a week earlier than the power banks. The power banks arrived today, very happy with them.

how much were they

Advertisement