Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red facial blemishes and how to get rid

Options
  • 19-01-2015 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I would also like to know this! Have been using La Roche Posay effaclar duo but I don't think its doing frig all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Its so annoying, sometimes I look like I have been lying out in the sun all day im so red and blotchy

Ya same and if I'm going anywhere I always have to make sure I'm wearing some foundation which is annoying as I like having days where my skin can breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

So is it red pigmentation marks you're talking about, like after the spot clears? Vitamin e is good for reducing them but it can cause irritation so do patch test first. If you google post inflammatory hyperpigmentation...is that what you mean? If not then I haven't a clue sorry!

Tasden wrote: »
    So is it red pigmentation marks you're talking about, like after the spot clears? Vitamin e is good for reducing them but it can cause irritation so do patch test first. If you google post inflammatory hyperpigmentation...is that what you mean? If not then I haven't a clue sorry!

Well mine is nowhere near as bad as those pics! I only ever get spots on my chin and once they've gone I'm left with a red mark that lingers for I couldn't tell you how long. Right now I've five or six flat red marks on my chin from former spots.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Well mine is nowhere near as bad as those pics! I only ever get spots on my chin and once they've gone I'm left with a red mark that lingers for I couldn't tell you how long. Right now I've five or six flat red marks on my chin from former spots.

Well a lot of the time it would occur after severe cases of acne so there would be a lot more pigmentation than there would be for just a single spot or a few every now and again. But if it's the same thing just less severe then you could apply the same treatment.

Mine wouldn't be that bad either just on my chin about 3 or 4 marks that wont budge. I wonder would biooil be an option, I know its expensive so would want to be sure it would work

It's supposed to be good for pigmentation and it has vit e in it so worth a try. I had a red scar from a minor burn that it faded completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

This sounds like it may be hyper pigmentation. However it could also be phytophotodermatitis caused by using lemon juice which is extremely harmful from your skin and is at the completely wrong pH and can also cause phytophotodermatitis as I said above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I only use the lemon juice on an active spot and it drys it out similar to toothpaste. Its the red mark left from after the spot I want to get rid of

Lemon juice still isn't good for your skin and isn't helping preventing or getting rid of the red spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

After 6 weeks using la roche Posay my moderate acne on my face has gone and what's more the red marks left behind are fading everyday. I'm 35 and this is by far the most effective treatment I have ever used. Took 5-6 weeks to see results but I'm really delighted.

Do you mind me asking how much it is? I am currently living abroad, I hope I will be able to get this. Is it a gel or a wash?

It's a cream you rub into your skin after cleansing. It's ususlly €17.99 in boots but at the moment on boots online it's reduced to €13.99.

It's called Effaclar duo plus

Rosehip oil is fantastic for getting rid of discolourations, it doesn't clog pores and being so like the skins own oils it rebalances oil production. Bio oil is useless in comparison, I used Rosehip on a small scar on my face and Bio oil on another mark on my shoulder and the rosehip was just amazing. I use it all the time now, all over my face, and people constantly remark on my skin. I rarely use foundation.

Try Green Keratin Supercharged Rosehip Oil, available on Amazon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If the op doesn't mind me hijacking this thread (nor the mods) I suffer from persistent spots on my chin, I'm convinced it's hormonal contraception related as they peak and flow based on the pattern of my contraception. Am I mad?

Now I'm lethal as until recently I couldn't leave a spot be, and would squeeze and scratch so end up with angry red blotches that lasted for about two months on average, then clear up.

So in December mid blotch, I decided to stop. I bought every spot remedy I could find in boots (spot clear) and a Vichy product, and a clean and clear spot control gel.

I also bought the Roche Posay product lukesmom bought and started using it.

Then I got a spot on my cheek unusually and used the spot cream as soon as it came up along with the LRP, it just went away

Using the LRP product, my skin is better over the past six weeks, and is now a permanent addition to my skincare routine.

Stheno wrote: »
    If the op doesn't mind me hijacking this thread (nor the mods) I suffer from persistent spots on my chin, I'm convinced it's hormonal contraception related as they peak and flow based on the pattern of my contraception. Am I mad?

Now I'm lethal as until recently I couldn't leave a spot be, and would squeeze and scratch so end up with angry red blotches that lasted for about two months on average, then clear up.

So in December mid blotch, I decided to stop. I bought every spot remedy I could find in boots (spot clear) and a Vichy product, and a clean and clear spot control gel.

I also bought the Roche Posay product lukesmom bought and started using it.

Then I got a spot on my cheek unusually and used the spot cream as soon as it came up along with the LRP, it just went away

Using the LRP product, my skin is better over the past six weeks, and is now a permanent addition to my skincare routine.

Snap! It's amazing stuff I honestly cannot remember a time that my skin looked better.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lukesmom wrote: »
    Snap! It's amazing stuff I honestly cannot remember a time that my skin looked better.

Were you a scratcher too?

I'm in my early forties and have some pigmentation blemishes on my cheeks and I've noticed that's much clearer.

It's actually inspired me to make an effort with my skin next payday I'm getting some rosehip oil and looking forward to it rather than blindly hoping a product will help

And I have to give kudos to you as I'd never have found that cream without your post :)

Were you a scratcher too?

I'm in my early forties and have some pigmentation blemishes on my cheeks and I've noticed that's much clearer.

It's actually inspired me to make an effort with my skin next payday I'm getting some rosehip oil and looking forward to it rather than blindly hoping a product will help

And I have to give kudos to you as I'd never have found that cream without your post :)

Yes a scratcher, a squeezer and a picker! Mine has never been so clear either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

lukesmom wrote: »

I'm going to give this a go too. Thanks for the recommendation!

ratmouse wrote: »
    I'm going to give this a go too. Thanks for the recommendation!

No problem mine is still clear now still using it everyday although I've to buy a new tube now. Just keep in mind you might get a great big spot the first few weeks and then the face just totally clears up, do Dont be disheartened.

I'm devoted to oils and love my rosehip oil and jojoba oils but be careful of the quality of the oils, you really get what you pay for. A friend recommended Tamanu oil and I've been using it for the last week, and so far I love it. It might even be better than marula oil, which is one of my favourites, though more suitable for drier skins than I usually have so I only use it occasionally.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/100%25-Pure-Organic-Tamanu-Certified/dp/B007ZFFH2O/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1423432080&sr=1-1&keywords=tamanu+oil

You can buy cheaper brands, but I've been sticking with that one as the quality seems consistent. Keep your oils out of direct light, as it can affect the levels of antioxidants adversely.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 aisoconnor

I agree 100% with the LRP posts. I had the exact same thing, I would get spots and then they'd go away after maybe a week or two but the red marks would last for about 6 months. I bought Effaclar Duo [+] and it's changed my skin so much. After a few days I noticed a difference in red marks that had been there for months.

One thing is that I used it all over my face initially, including a big spot that had been freshly relieved of its contents, and it stayed in a bump, it felt like it would never go down. I stopped applying cream to the spot and it went flat, level with the rest of my skin in a matter of days. Now I just use it in my T-Zone because that's where I'm oily and I tend to get most spots, and monitor everywhere else. I'm combination and I don't seem to need where I'm dry. I would say only apply where you need it and carefully watch how it affects different areas of your skin. :)

That's the one but there's a newer version in Boots, it's Effaclar Duo Plus. Not sure what the difference is between the original and plus though. I think it's that plus does the same as the original, unclogging skin, but also prevents permanent scars and marks, but you might want to do some research yourself to be sure.

I'm not entirely sure. If I put it on smaller spots it does seem to eliminate them before they become a problem. I've only had one big spot since I started using it about 6 weeks ago (which in itself is a miracle), and when I used it on that it stopped the spot coming to a head. Then I had to stop applying Effaclar Duo Plus to allow it to sink down but I still feel a slight lump of congestion where it was. Perhaps I should've let it come to a head, squeeze it, then start applying this.

However, around my nose, where I didn't necessarily have spots, just kind of congestion and occasional blackheads, the skin was never smooth. Since I started using this it's entirely clear.

I guess general bumps: yes, but actual spots: smaller ones - yes, bigger ones - yes but not quite so well. Which is to be expected IMO.

This probably could've been shorter but I wanted to give as much information as I could, I hope this has answered your question :P

• Advertisement

Yeah I know what you mean, you can still see the difference in skin texture. I do think it makes a difference, I think my skin looks better with make up on as well as without since I've started using this. It's generally smoother in most places.

Advertisement