Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red facial blemishes and how to get rid

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 aisoconnor

Haha that was quick! Fingers crossed it works for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

I've had acne for over 15 years, because of this I've been left with a face of red marks and a few scars. I've tried every over the counter product out there. Also, I've spent thousands on treatments like microdermabrason, glycolic peels etc, with no success. Last year, out of pure frustration I decided to go to a dermatologist. Unfortunately, I can't take roaccuane, so my doctor prescribed an alternative treatment. In addition to that I've now had two sessions of IPL for my red marks.

I honestly can't express the change this has made to not only my skin tone but to my self confidence. Red marks that I've had for years are not gone and for the first time in over 10 years I can leave the house without a full coverage, camouflage foundation.

I'm really happy for those on here that have had success with over the counter products. But I would strongly suggest that if its in your means to attend a dermatologist, please do it and ask for IPL.

Sorry for the long reply but I feel like a fool for not going to a dermatologist sooner. I'm ashamed of the money I've wasted and years wasted because of this fixable problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Five/six weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I read today about something called "Silver serum" and people were raving about it (for spots/acne etc).

Anyone ever tried it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I read today about something called "Silver serum" and people were raving about it (for spots/acne etc).

Anyone ever tried it?

https://www.victoriahealth.com/product/Silver-Serum/10685

I wonder if the silver in it is collodial silver, it's been debated about being safe for long term use for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 aisoconnor

I noticed a really tiny improvement after a couple of days, in that red marks weren't quite so dark but still entirely visible. I've been using it for six or seven weeks now and noticed yesterday just how much my face has improved. You should take photos now and persist for a while, as long as it's not causing problems, and compare in a few weeks. I wish I'd done that now because there's definitely a massive improvement, I'm just not sure when it really happened. I think it's very gradual, so while you won't notice day on day, but photos will make you realise just how much it changes after some time. And then obviously if it doesn't improve at all then, sadly, maybe it's just not for you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hi ladies, after reading this thread last week I bought LRP Effaclar purifying foaming gel and Effaclar Duo + ( corrective unclogging care, anti perfections cream).

Washed my face earlier and it feels so soft and silky, I am lookin forward to seeing what it Is like in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Sorry I should have said I only got it today so I've only used it once so far. I already have dry skin as well as psoriasis (not on my face ) so I hope it's not going to be too bad on my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I found the effaclar duo + to be far too drying on my skin and only use it on big angry spots and even then I end up with horrible dry patches. I have the foaming gel to my 15 year old nephew as my skin became red raw from using it for 4 days.

So I've been using the effaclar cleanser and duo + just over a week now, I had 4 spots on my face when I started, they are all completely gone ( were gone within 4 days)and the redness on my cheeks is starting to go down. Also no new spots have erupted at all, my skin is so clear and feels so clean.

I do find it slightly drying so I put my regular moisturizer on after the duo+ soaks in.

Thumbs up from me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

After reading this thread I also purchased the effeclar duo +.. So far I have used it for two days and my weaker red blemishes are starting to fade :D
    I have one red mark which has been with me since at least october I reckon, so I will continue to see how this works.
    I will be so so chuffed if it works for this mark, as it has not faded in the slightest these past months... its right on the end of my nose and is as red as a blood blister, all be it very tiny mark it still bothers me no end! :(

I am using the effeclar on localised areas after I exfoliate with Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub, for once my face does not feel oily! Before my skin would be feeling oily by about lunchtime when I was using a regular foaming face wash.
    So far I am loving the Effeclar and Neutrogena scrub, I am now on the hunt to find a good moistuiser for the rest of my face and also one for tightening my neck. Any suggestions?

Mine are gone too, some little red blemishes that I've been using rose hip oil on, but no "active spots" however the effaclar is extremely drying without the moisturiser. My face was hurting me when I used it with out.

Are you still using it continuously or waiting for a spot to appear?

I am just using it once a day in the evening on my cheek blemishes which keep continuing to fade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

My skin has been acting crazy of late due to lots of different stresses in my life. I decided up buy the LRP effaclar duo + after reading this thread. My skin has now completely broken out into little bumps of spots which I haven't got since I finished up roaccutane over two years ago. I had only been using effaclar duo for about four days, morning and evening. I stopped using it on Monday and the bumps are going away. I am shocked at this reaction as LRP produces generally suit my skin. Anyone else have a similar reaction??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yes I've been putting all over and have just been using it by itself. Shall I put moisturiser over it?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

panda100 wrote: »
    Yes I've been putting all over and have just been using it by itself. Shall I put moisturiser over it?

Hey panda I had the exact same thing happen to me the first few weeks of using the effaclar but the spots/bumps went and ive probably had 2 spots in 3 months which is completely unusual for me. I would stick with it, give it 6 weeks. Then you notice the change. I use it all over my face your supposed to rub it in really well and put an oil free moisturiser over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Just bought a 3 pack of this today - the cleanser, clarifying lotion and what looks like a targeted acne treatment. I used to suffer horribly from acne but it did clear up with age/the pill. I have some scars and red blemishes as well as awful blackheads. I'm unsure if the blemishes are acne or rosacea-related as I have this too, but it hasnt really flared up in a while thankfully (in part thanks to LRP's Rosaliac range actually). Ive a doc's appointment next week so will mention the skin stuff to her and make sure Im not causing more harm than good by using this, but I would love to know if anyone with sensitive skin/rosacea has tried Effaclar and how they found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I have sensitive skin/rosacea and LRP effeclar was a disaster for my skin.

Advertisement