Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bess or commerce

Options
  • 19-01-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi
    I'm in leaving cert and just wondering which is better course. I seen early posts few years ago but want a up to date answer as there is a new commerce now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Do you wanna study Business, work in Business or generally understand business better? Then Commerce is a no brainier - it's excellent.

Is there a chance you'd instead like to be an Economist or Sociologist then do BESS.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dexster555

is commerce just an accountant course or more

Dexster555 wrote: »
    is commerce just an accountant course or more

Nope. Covers the whole lot I think. Business Psychology, management, HR, marketing and entrepreneurship. As well as a bit of Accounting and Finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dexster555

did u go ucd u think points will be 490 this year or lower and would u say for a business course its better than bess. To you know anything about marketing innovation and technology in dcu

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Synchronic

BESS gives a broader horizon if you want to explore diff subjects.

• Advertisement

Dexster555 wrote: »
    did u go ucd u think points will be 490 this year or lower and would u say for a business course its better than bess. To you know anything about marketing innovation and technology in dcu

I did go to UCD, I did Law actually and I'm currently in Smurfit. I know nothing about DCU and I know nothing about points.

Advertisement