Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Contract

Options
  • 19-01-2015 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just said I'd ask this here on behalf of someone else. Basically, the person I'm asking for works part time set hours in the job, & has done for over 8 years. The person is 99% (not 100%) sure that the old contract, provided for these hours in writing. A new contract has been circulated however, that doesn't provide for these set hours (everybody else in the job is full time, on flexible hours), and is stating the importance of flexibility. The person is naturally hesitant about signing this revised contract, & had a chat with the higher ups.

Apparently they've come back & said they can't provide for the set hours in writing, but it's ok because it's a 'common understanding' & are advising the person just to sign it anyway. What's the situation here folks?

Advertisement