Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to donate used baby clothes in Cork?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in Cork city or county that accepts donations of good quality, freshly laundered, used baby clothes? All of mine have been huge, so all the newborn, 0-3 months and 3-6 months stuff was worn very little (if at all!), especially things that were new to the later ones. Ideally I'd like them to go to an organisation that will see them re-used, either here or abroad, rather than recycled into rags/cloths/etc. as I have already made dusters of the worn-out ones myself; what's left now is all good enough to be sold if I had the inclination, but I would rather it went directly to someone who needs it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

In Dublin women's refuges take clothes. Maybe check with some in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The cuidiu cork facebook groups often take it as well. If you join the groups and put a pic up, someone will take it very quickly. All my baby stuff went to new homes that way.

ps, also a good way to get the next size up. People sometimes trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

I use a Freecycle page, both to give away the clothes he's outgrown, and to get clothes for him in the next size up. :) It's a Dublin one I use, but chances are they have similar ones in Cork.

Advertisement