Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovulation question

Options
  • 19-01-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi girls quick question hubby and I are trying for baby no 3, as in I've just come off the pill 2day. Now my last af was 28th dec lasts 4 days, I've a cycle of 28days, I didn't go back on the pill straight after af because I never had a chance to go to the chemist so back on it jan 9th approx) have 12days left before this packet finishes (just gone in the bin) what I want to know how do I work out when I'm ovulating? I'm using one of those online calendars, but I'm just wondering since I left it the odd 6days before going back on the pill, hope that makes sense?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Hi. I came off the pill at the end of October and had two cycles of different lengths before getting pregnant. I think it takes some time for your cycles to get back to normal. You'd probably be better writing off this month, waiting for a first real period and then starting to track your cycles from there.

I used the clear blue digital dual hormone ovulation kit in our third month trying and it worked so I obviously highly recommend it. It pin pointed when I was ovulating because, with the varying cycle lengths, I just wasn't able to work it out myself. It's €50 so not cheap but I think its definitely worth the investment.

You could also just try having sex every second day..if you have the time and the energy! :D

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Thanks 4 ur reply ;), I take it I will prob get my af in the next few days? Actually feel a bit cramps, I'm terrible 4 remembering to take it...I ordered ov kits off ebay, no1 was conceived when I looked at hubby lol, no2 after a couple if mths so fingers crossed, oh will be on a marathon haha

Advertisement