Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good value mobile

Options
  • 19-01-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi looking for mobile prepay phone. My HTC mini has a cracked screen, which is fine, but now the camera has stopped working. The girl in the shop told me they wouldn't fix the camera without fixing the screen first and charging for the whole lot.
    So I just want good value prepay phone now, any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

zsha wrote: »
    Hi looking for mobile prepay phone. My HTC mini has a cracked screen, which is fine, but now the camera has stopped working. The girl in the shop told me they wouldn't fix the camera without fixing the screen first and charging for the whole lot.
    So I just want good value prepay phone now, any suggestions???
    So, when asking for a phone recommendations, help us to help you. To get a good recommendation, we will need the following information at a minimum:

What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    Operator - have you an operator preference
    Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    Price range

Have a look at this and post back what you want in a phone and how much you want to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Thanks for that, I'm looking at pre pay phones as Im still in contract for a bill. Nothing too exp so less than 150e, with good camera, wifi, usb connection etc.
    Touchscreen preferably and Im on the meteor network so that or sim free.....Any help would be great
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭circadian

The Lumia 635 for 100 quid would be a decent choice, 4G as well.

Ha just spotted those recently. Can I ask do you have one? I read it doesn't have a usb connection, can you confirm if it does or doesn't have one? I like the sound of it, altho not having a front camera or flash doesn't bother me too much if the rest of the phone is good, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Moto G2, excellent phone and specification with a much improved camera over the original (8MP). Slightly above budget but it matches phones twice its value and is factory unlocked.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-5-Inch-SIM-Free-Smartphone-XT1068/dp/B00NBSZ56C

• Advertisement

Brill thanks will check out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

The "low-end entry level" smartphone Nokia/Microsoft Lumia 635 is on
    sale 120 euros for vodaphone at CPW (it's cheaper on some other networks & places)

Lisa Gade reviews the Nokia Lumia 635, a very affordable Windows 8.1 smartphone. The Lumia 635 is remarkably inexpensive:he phone has a 4.5" IPS display running at 854 x 480 resolution and the quad core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 CPU with 512 megs RAM and 8 gigs of internal storage. The phone has a removable back and battery, a microSD card slot compatible with cards up to 128 gigs and a rear 5MP camera. Other features include 4G LTE, single band WiFi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 and a GPS
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/phones/Nokia-Lumia-635.htm

Advertisement