Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best small tree for Christmas lights?

• 19-01-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭

We used to have a tall thin conifer tree in our front garden, perfect for hanging outside lights: but it was getting very tall and it got cut down to allow for some building works. I think it might have been a Thuja - dark green and not at all prickly.
    Now I have a different corner available and I'd like to plant a small tree that could carry Christmas lights; Just wondering what to get!
    It must not grow too wide or tall (small suburban situation, neighbour gardens etc) and should have a good shape. Preferably a Christmas-tree shape but I have seen other little open-framed trees used too and look very well when lit.
    I'd love to know what the rest of you use for this purpose and if anyone has a better recommendation than the Thuja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I've got a nice Abies Koreana that I use as a christmas tree out the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

@pwurple Wow, what a beautiful tree. May grow a bit big but it looks perfect for the purpose.

According to Google it seems to be quite slow growing, too. Thank you.

Advertisement