Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racer Bike with 2 blue lights- Douglas Area

Options
  • 19-01-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All

I was driving home from work this evening & stopped in Douglas Court to pick up a few bits. As I walked through the car park I noticed a bike passing on the main road outside heading towards the roundabout outside Mcdonalds. At first I thought it was a Garda Patrol bike as there were 2 bluelights flashing on it but on closer inspection I noticed it was a racer bike !!

The rider was wearing a hi-vis vest & also a biker helmet(similar to the Stigs). The bike came into Douglas Court shopping centre car park so passed right by me. The rider was wearing gear similar to a garda but it wasnt a garda at the same time. For a guy on a racer he was moving at a good speed.

I found it very bizarre. My initial thought it is a student doing some kinda project on Gardai using racers instead of you typical garda push bike you see in the city centre

Has anyone else in the douglas area seen this bike?

Thanks
    Juansheet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

couldnt be a student if he had lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

There is a guy around alright and has been for the last few years who thinks he is a Garda :rolleyes:.........if you know what i mean, the poor guy.

Now if he is using blue flashing lights, then that is something that really annoys The Gardai as it is also a criminal offence. You might consider reporting your observation to Douglas Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

kub wrote: »
    There is a guy around alright and has been for the last few years who thinks he is a Garda :rolleyes:.........if you know what i mean, the poor guy.

Now if he is using blue flashing lights, then that is something that really annoys The Gardai as it is also a criminal offence. You might consider reporting your observation to Douglas Gardai.

Well the 2 blue lights on the bike are identical to the Garda lights you would see in the back of a patrol motorbike and would definitely be mistaken for an actual Garda. My initial reaction was one of amusement and I have to admit I laughed but I wasn't aware of the situation that kub has mentioned above

It has to seen to be believed. But as you say I can't see the Gardai being too happy with this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Do you mean a push bike? If so then it's probably a local lad often seen bombing up and down roads between Douglas and Passage. I've often seen him in different 'costume' and head attire.

He also goes around with what can only be described as a stick placed vertically with an array of lights mounted on it, the thing looks like one of the sides of Macy's at Christmas time...sure he's happy out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Do you mean a push bike? If so then it's probably a local lad often seen bombing up and down roads between Douglas and Passage. I've often seen him in different 'costume' and head attire.

He also goes around with what can only be described as a stick placed vertically with an array of lights mounted on it, the thing looks like one of the sides of Macy's at Christmas time...sure he's happy out:D

Is that the chap who always used to have a black motor bike helmet on cycling around Passage years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep me thinks it is the same fella..Glad to hear he is good and still going around I haven't seen him in a while.. His gas.. at least he stays well lit up..

Saw a bus driver being very bad today coming into work. Even I was like please don't do it..Someone cycling with a baby chair on the back of the bike well lit up he was, and the bus comes up behind him and wanted to turn right.All he had to do was wait a few mins and the cyclist would have gone past him and gone on straight but no the bus nearly jammed him in and then turned right was horrible to watch

54kroc wrote: »
    Is that the chap who always used to have a black motor bike helmet on cycling around Passage years ago?

yep, think it's the same lad.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Yep me thinks it is the same fella..Glad to hear he is good and still going around I haven't seen him in a while.. His gas.. at least he stays well lit up..

So a bus driver being very bad today coming into work. Even I was like please don't do it..Someone cycle with a baby chair on the back of the bike well lit up he was, and the bus comes up behind him and wanted to turn right.All he had to do was wait a few mins and the cyclist would have gone past him and gone on straight but no the bus nearly jammed him in and then turned right was horrible to watch

You should report that to Bus Eireann. That's dangerous driving and should be reported. They should be able to identify the driver based on the route number and the time you saw this happening at.
    Of course they may do nothing about it but still, this should not be ignored.

Had to correct my spelling mistake there, oh it was scary now there was no bady in the seat but just the thought I was like your such an ass..Two seconds was all he had to wait.

I was wondering though did he actually do anything wrong, or was it just morally wrong because there was a kids seat on the back of the bike. The bike was going straight on and the bus was turning right. Lets say coming from Cab Motors, the bike was going onto Monaghan road straight and then bus was turning right there are the bend going towards the marquee entrance. It wasn't a reg bus it was a coach one, it went into the centre park road business park

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

So poor Bus Eireann get wronged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,309 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yes, sounds like 'that lad' alright, he's been at it for years. I'm sure the local real Gardai would take a lenient view on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

It is one crazy sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Old thread I know, but I saw this guy today wheeling his bike up the Douglas Road. Full high viz kit and white motorbike helmet, rotating blue light mounted on what could only be a pvc pipe stuck on the handlebar, swinging a golf club.

My jaw was fully open as my girlfriend was explaining he's around years. It really has be be seen to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

The guy has actually represented his country in the special olympics. I wont name any sport out of respect for his privacy

At least he gets seen unlike some other nutty people on bikes who have no lights at all at all..Tis gas to see alright but well done to him

Advertisement