Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 365...where is my ID

• 19-01-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just signed up for Office365 Home, received 2 emails...one is an order confirmation with a product key, the other is an invoice.

I've installed Office365, can open Excel and Word files no problem. But when I attempt to log into Outlook, I'm told "Sign out of your Microsoft account and sign in with the Office 365 user ID assigned to you by your work or school."

But I'm not in work or college...I want to use Outlook online for my Eircom emails and import the existing ones from a PST file...any ideas? Where should this User ID be? I don't have an alternative email address associated with my account.

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx contains little or no info, apart from the fact that I instaleld Office on my PC.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

Some progress has been made via Outlook.com. My Eircom emails have been imported and are receiving but now I cant get the SMTP settings to pass the Outlook test:

webmail.eircom.net (I tried mail.eircom.net as well)
    Port 25
    SSL/TLS ticked off
    Username and password are left blank

It forces me to enter a password. I enter my incoming password. Then it wants a username, I enter my incoming username. Then this message appears:
    "There's a problem connecting to the SMTP mail server."

I need to use the Eircom SMTP to avoid the "on behalf of" message...so frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Isn't it
    mail1.eircom.net
    instead of mail.eircom.net

Telnetting to port 25 on that address appears to work anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

ressem wrote: »
    Isn't it
    mail1.eircom.net
    instead of mail.eircom.net

Telnetting to port 25 on that address appears to work anyways.

Thanks yes it should be mail1, but it still doesnt work.

Advertisement