Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo G710 difference between core i3's

Options
  • 19-01-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Looking to get a 17 inch laptop for my uncle. Mostly for home use but has the option of portbility witht this size. went for the 4th gen core i3 as i think this will be more than sufficient for his needs.

Anyway looking for a suitable contender is narrowed down due to small market for consumer 17 inch laptops. Went with lenovo as I havent heard great thing about acer.

Had the lenonvo G710 picked out before christmas with new core i3 4th gen which has 4gb ram and 1TB HDD. It is out of stock now (was £389 i think).

Original link here to amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-G710-17-3-inch-Notebook-Black/dp/B00O8SDV92

Link above is suggesting a 'newer version of this product is available'.
    Link to this here for £399: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-G70-70-17-3-Inch-Notebook-Black/dp/B00S6DPX5U/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I see that the difference between the two is core i3-4005u VS core i3-4000M. But I am not sure what this means and how much of a trade off will you see when doing minimal browsing/word processing/youtube.

Of course if there is a better option in the 17 inch laptop market please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

This might help you a bit. Side by side comparison of both CPU's.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

Kavrocks wrote: »
    This might help you a bit. Side by side comparison of both CPU's.

Cheers. I can see the 4000m wins but not sure why if im honest. Comparing this new model to the older one they had listed, are we talking more or less the same performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

theaaao wrote: »
    Cheers. I can see the 4000m wins but not sure why if im honest. Comparing this new model to the older one they had listed, are we talking more or less the same performance?
    4000M performs better but uses more energy. A
    What you are probably most interested in is the Benchmarks section. That's real world tests (or as close to as possible under the circumstances).

Advertisement