Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Gerry used to run a small electronic engineering company but nearly when out of business when the price of mercury tilt switches doubled due to inflation...

Bombs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Well if we go from 7 years ago that this all started. What did under 25yo people have to do with it back then? Even those who were only 11 when this started?

It may be money for nothing but as the government said we lost 250,00-300,000 jobs and got 80,000 back so I'm sure many more would like to work.

They can study in the meanwhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

We're heading into a knowledge box economy

You heard it here first folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Joan burton is absolutely useless on TV. Mind you she is pretty useless off TV too.

Joan wants to get back in

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

You sound like you're jealous of someone getting money for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Surprised to hear an indigenous small businessman calling for FDI... Most small business people in Ireland resent the fact that the Government gives NO support for small businesses yet rolls out the red carpet for every foreign company who feigns the merest of interest in setting up here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Study where, how, using what money? If it's your first time in college you won't recieve any welfare in addition to paying the yearly fee of a few hundred. In order to get BTEA you have to be 24 and can only go up a FETAC level, if you have a previous L8 degree you essentially don't qualify for that therefore.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    You sound like you're jealous of someone getting money for nothing.

Not at all is rather upskill them for more money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

They can study but as far as I'm aware nowadays you remain on the same payment level so 100e Jobseekers = 100 btea . I'm not 100%. I get 144 jobseekers but 160 btea but that's from pre cut. That's down from 188e and the 350 for books etc.

There are cuts but I won't complain because I am being supported to study, with my health and survive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Gerry Adams is a very strange character. Judging by his twitter alone.
    I don't know why anyone would vote for him. He has been a liability for SF for a long time.

Surprised to hear an indigenous small businessman calling for FDI... Most small business people in Ireland resent the fact that the Government gives NO support for small businesses yet rolls out the red carpet for every foreign company who feigns the merest of interest in setting up here...

Foreign companies create business for other businesses. They need supplies and services etc.

We took 80,000 people out of the USC and put 200,000 people in to the USA.. :pac:

nibble wrote: »
    Study where, how? If it's you're first time in college you won't recieve any welfare in addition to paying the yearly fee of a few hundred. In order to get BTEA you have to be 24 and can only go up a FETAC level, if you have a previous L8 degree you essentially don't qualify for that therefore.

If you are unemployed there are training schemes available and targeted 3rd level courses

We took 80,000 people out of the USC and put 200,000 people in to the USA.. :pac:

I dont think 200,000 emigrated to the USA

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I dont think anybody is doing well out of this... The childish level of the debate is embarrassing.... "The only rolling I've been doing is rolling up my sleeves"... Dear god...

I actually cringed when she said that :pac:

Claire is not strong enough to stop Joan Burton from interrupting.. I have no time for Gerry Adams or Sinn Fein, but if they are gonna have him on for a head to head, they have to give him a fair break..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Jorry the man of truth himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Fight!!

If you are unemployed there are training schemes available and targeted 3rd level courses

What's the cost of going training?

• Advertisement

This is getting silly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Its handbags at dawn stuff now.

Show more of Claire Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Masterclass from gerry

What's the cost of going training?

Cost? To go to college???? The same as the regular students. Education is an investment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

"The recovery is real." Joan Burton opened a food bank in Cork last November: http://www.rabble.ie/2014/11/27/by-the-food-banks-of-my-own-lovely-lee/ … #cblive

80,000 jobs is a fact though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Show more of Claire Byrne.
    Sweet j , will you guys watch it on the player later and pause it on Claire byrne and do whatever you want with yourselves and give us a break ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lets keep borrowing and build a bigger hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Oops69 wrote: »
    Sweet j , will you guys watch it on the player later and pause it on Claire byrne and do whatever you want with yourselves and give us a break ffs.

I love Claire Byrne, and when I grow up, I'm going to marry her.

Advertisement