Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That doctor was some gob****e.

Came across like a right prat. Full of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That doctor was some gob****e.

Could imagine him ring-leading a pay dispute with the HSE/State bleeding the state for another tens of 1000s. Total ****-stirrer and everything that's wrong with elements of the Health Service and PS here- basically in it for all they can get and to hell with the wider good- "I'm more important than everyone else".
    Leave him where he is for the love of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭obi604

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Who de hell is dah

I said who de hell is dah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,686 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Came across like a right prat. Full of himself.

Yeah agreed. But I think the point he was trying to make/should of been making was that there are hundreds of Irish doctors currently abroad on training contracts and the HSE should be doing something to try to get them home.

Unfortunately he made the interview all about himself rather than getting than getting the point across that we could boost frontline medical resources pretty quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

obi604 wrote: »
    Sarah is a very good looking and sexy woman.

Show presented by very good looking and sexy woman. Not much change there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Show presented by very good looking and sexy woman. Not much change there.

I prefer Sarah and Claire over Miriam any night of the week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This show has brought me some comedy in such a sad time.

The other night she was in a horsebox made into a small room and now she is in a shed.

Where to next.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah agreed. But I think the point he was trying to make/should of been making was that there are hundreds of Irish doctors currently abroad on training contracts and the HSE should be doing something to try to get them home.

Unfortunately he made the interview all about himself rather than getting than getting the point across that we could boost frontline medical resources pretty quick.

I completely lost that in his rants about himself. That was a good point overall point.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Where to next.?

The way things are going this week......... the Mater, James's or Tallaght :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭nc6000

The other night she was in a horsebox made into a small room and now she is in a shed.

Where to next.?

Why wasn't she in the little conservatory thingy from last week?

All joking aside, I hope she does just have a cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Last week Claire coughing & this week self isolated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Claire just said the ‘Aitch SE.

Alan Partridge would love that pronunciation.

Martin Brennan would not.

I noticed that, the shed thing is an obvious pr stunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Claire was very sensible

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Doctor plonker was some lad .
    He expected the minister of health to give him a contract live on tv ������
    He could have been just back from flipping burgers in McDonald's for all we know.
    Thought Simon Harris handled it brilliantly .
    Change of ad bud
    " YOUR COUNTRY DOESNT NEED YOU " !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I noticed that, the shed thing is an obvious pr stunt.

If it's PR for isolating yourself if you have symptoms, as per HSE guidelines, then fair dues to her!

If that's yet another poster dissing someone on radio/telly just to be edgy, piss off please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

She wasn't overly keen last week when the Doctor was demonstrating the coronovirus test - about to jam a long cotton bud up her nose.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    If it's PR for isolating yourself if you have symptoms, as per HSE guidelines, then fair dues to her!

If that's yet another poster dissing someone on radio/telly just to be edgy, piss off please.

She has a cold with no high temperature probably sent half the country into a panic as if health care staff haven’t enough to deal with already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

She has a cold with no high temperature probably sent half the country into a panic as if health care staff haven’t enough to deal with already.

Yera shut up. You already made a post with your ridiculous theory, don't make another one saying the same thing. We heard/read you the first time.

All people with a cold are meant to self-isolate if possible, high temperature or not. She could easily spread it to others are RTE, now shut up.

Yera shut up. You already made a post with your ridiculous theory, don't make another one saying the same thing. We heard/read you the first time.

All people with a cold are meant to self-isolate if possible, high temperature or not. She could easily spread it to others are RTE, now shut up.
    No need to get your knickers in a twist over it just because you lap up everything you see on television as gospel. If you believed her then you are truly one gullible fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Miriam also had a cough tonight. What if RTÉ is next to go?? Then we got only WM but if the electricity goes then even no VM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,937 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The thing I find very strange is how there is zero mention in the rte website that one of their stars and top presenters is self isolating.

That to me suggests it might have been a stunt to try to tell us what you should do if you found yourself in the same situation as the host who was suspicious that they could have something to worry about.

Will be interesting to hear any updates on her.

NIMAN wrote: »
    The thing I find very strange is how there is zero mention in the rte website that one of their stars and top presenters is self isolating.

That to me suggests it might have been a stunt to try to tell us what you should do if you found yourself in the same situation as the host who was suspicious that they could have something to worry about.

Will be interesting to hear any updates on her.

She’s still stuck in her shed, the rest of her family are probably pushing a bit of food on a disposable plate under the door for her at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She’s still stuck in her shed, the rest of her family are probably pushing a bit of food on a disposable plate under the door for her at this stage.

I wonder did Claire get a fast test and result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,141 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

10,000 people a year in Ireland die from heart disease and now everyone is in a panic over this.

You'd swear the Black Death had returned with all the drama on the show last night and in the comments section on any article related to it on FB.

come back to us when you have a basic understanding of science

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Poor aul Simon Harris looks like he hasn't slept in 3 weeks

he probably hasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Can't blame him if he hasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

come back to us when you have a basic understanding of science

Come back to us when you find out what a capital letter and a full stop is.

See I can be a smart arse as well if I want.

When I posted that there were only a few cases in the country or are you too dim to know that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod - Let's not get into sniping country, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭corkie

RTÉ broadcaster Claire Byrne confirms she tested positive for Covid-19
    Tonight's Claire Byrne Live programme will be co-presented by Sarah McInerney in studio, and Claire Byrne via live video link at 10.35pm on RTÉ One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement