Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Serious shed-envy here

Looks like a Sauna to me! Maybe that’s why she had a high temperature 🀒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

She didn't have a high temperature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

D9Male wrote: »
    She didn't have a high temperature.

Well, she gives me one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

spurshero wrote: »
    Real gawk stuff . Rte love in . Wtf are we listening about Katherine Thomas and her child and what she’s eating etc . And bressie offered the square root of nothing .seriously I don’t blame people anymore for not paying tv licence

Breslin offers nothing.
    As I said earlier, he's not very good at anything so he'll latch onto anything he can find to make himself famous and a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

MOR316 wrote: »
    Breslin offers nothing.
    As I said earlier, he's not very good at anything so he'll latch onto anything he can find to make himself famous and a few quid.

I had dealings with him twice. If I never meet him again that would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Do tell us more SligoJ!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

sligojoek wrote: »
    Do tell us more SligoJ!

Bigtime Sligo spit it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,138 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

so much music going on in ireland, but bressie and the academic etc will always get the gigs

Same

so much music going on in ireland, but bressie and the academic etc will always get the gigs

I think anyone attending a Bressie gig deserves every minute of it.

You pays your money etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Bigtime Sligo spit it out.

Not giving anything away but met him througha friend of mine who does work for him. Ignorant individual. Acted as off I was something scraped off his shoe when we were introduced.

Not going into it but, I know and have seen enough about him.

Fraud!

Not giving anything away but met him througha friend of mine who does work for him. Ignorant individual. Acted as off I was something scraped off his shoe when we were introduced.

He seems irritating alright. Birds are mad for him, how annoying.

Why do women always fancy absolute tossers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

MOR316 wrote: »
    Not going into it but, I know and have seen enough about him.

Fraud!

ah do go into it! :D

I remember chatting to someone whose band played with Blizzards and Breslin patronised the sh*te out of them during the soundcheck, telling them what they should be doing,where they were going wrong with their music.

You wouldn't mind if his own band weren't an absolute pile of sh*te.

I remember chatting to someone whose band played with Blizzards and Breslin patronised the sh*te out of them during the soundcheck, telling them what they should be doing,where they were going wrong with their music.

Pretty much that and various other things to that extent.
    And how he operates his own studio, charging someone who is only starting out in music, extortionate prices, for half arsed, half baked recording. I think that is disgusting and goes against the mental health banner he likes to wave

He just wants to be rich and famous. He'll try his hand at anything.
    He ditched his own band and then got them back together when his own career didn't take off like he expected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Tired of him being the poster boy for mental health in this country. Sick of it.

Tired of him being the poster boy for mental health in this country. Sick of it.

Shane McGowan really missed his calling.

John Connors should get the finger out.

he actually thinks he's some sort of mentor when in reality he is quite inexperienced and gigs have been gifted to him, like ACDC for ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Bressie annoys the sh*t out of me too. Many of us have suffered from mental illness. But just because you have suffered from it doesn't make you an expert. He's a mediocrity that RTE force on us.

I've heard from a lot of people that he treats people in a callous way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Also of all the people facing economic hardship in the coming year and beyond RTE chooses to speak to Kathryn Thomas.

Poor Kathryn has to let staff go in her fitness boot camps in Ireland and Spain. Nothing about the fact she has good RTE wages fro Ireland's Fittest Family, Operation Transformation etc. I mean are they for real? Talk about RTE looking after their own.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Also of all the people facing economic hardship in the coming year and beyond RTE chooses to speak to Kathryn Thomas.

Poor Kathryn has to let staff go in her fitness boot camps in Ireland and Spain. Nothing about the fact she has good RTE wages fro Ireland's Fittest Family, Operation Transformation etc. I mean are they for real? Talk about RTE looking after their own.

not to mention endorsements, advertising and sponserships.
    Kathryn Thomas is such an annoying person , I used to really like her when she was young and doing her travel programme. Now she has become a shouty opinionated pain in the ass.
    I particularly dislike on Operation Transformation how she is dressed up to the nines in killer heels, tight dresses and full make up interviewing poor overweight people exposed to the nation , paraded out in tight lycra, no makeup, no fake tan, no props.
    Then she teeters over them in her killer heels at the weigh in. I think its appalling. As a person she should have a moral compass on this herself and only dress in tracksuit , runners with no makeup or else tell RTE to go fcku themselves!!

Kathryn Thomas is such an annoying person , I used to really like her when she was young and doing her travel programme. Now she has become a shouty opinionated pain in the ass.
    I particularly dislike on Operation Transformation how she is dressed up to the nines in killer heels, tight dresses and full make up interviewing poor overweight people exposed to the nation , paraded out in tight lycra, no makeup, no fake tan, no props.
    Then she teeters over them in her killer heels at the weigh in. I think its appalling. As a person she should have a moral compass on this herself and only dress in tracksuit , runners with no makeup or else tell RTE to go fcku themselves!!

she did an ad for jaguar last year which looked really odd, one of those me and my jag pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,752 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That is the nature of the gig she signed up to. It is obscene and people shouldn't watch it. Without viewers it dies a quick death. It has bollocks to do with the health of the nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

I would have said to Breslin that not everyone can afford to pay PR companies to get their ****e bands radio play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

she did an ad for jaguar last year which looked really odd, one of those me and my jag pieces.

Isnt it great for these celebs that they get their fame through taxpayer funded RTE and then make money off it doing side gigs and endorsements as well as getting to plug their business on national tv.

Water John wrote: »
    That is the nature of the gig she signed up to. It is obscene and people shouldn't watch it. Without viewers it dies a quick death. It has bollocks to do with the health of the nation.

I don't watch it, but impossible to avoid the trailers and spoilers on RTE during the entire period of Operation Transformation, then on the cover of RTE guide when I'm at the checkouts! It brings out gangs of yellow lycra clad people in January, tramping the pavements, then you never see them again.

OT is well past its sell by date, along with Big Brother and X Factor.....so boring and outdated! Sorry for going off topic and the rant. Back to Claire Byrne :pac:

Acosta wrote: »
    I would have said to Breslin that not everyone can afford to pay PR companies to get their ****e bands radio play.

and that is a fact, i saw a billboard in heuston station advertising them when they were nobodies, that's a hell of a pr stunt for a starter band!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought KT and her kid were in isolation also

• Advertisement

he actually thinks he's some sort of mentor when in reality he is quite inexperienced and gigs have been gifted to him, like ACDC for ffs

Was at that gig.

They went down badly.
    They got one cheer and that was because they started playing Beat It by Michael Jackson. They stopped as soon as the singing was due to come in and the crowd around me booed them

Advertisement