Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

elperello wrote: »
    ...So the producer was looking for a couple of screen friendly lads to do the haircut slot. They had to be in the same family unit to comply with social distancing rules. Kind of narrows the field...

Do the Carter brothers live together? I know there's a housing crisis and all but would've thought RTE had paid them enough at this rate to buy a place each. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Do the Carter brothers live together? I know there's a housing crisis and all but would've thought RTE had paid them enough at this rate to buy a place each. :D

I don't know.

I was only surmising given the Covid 19 rules.

They make their real money from the paying public who like their music.

I don't know.

I was only surmising given the Covid 19 rules.

They make their real money from the paying public who like their music.

And I would surmise that they don't live together at all, and that RTE have been very bold encouraging the lads to be breaking social distancing rules.

I would also surmise that the constant screen/air time that they are given by RTE enables them to build their profile to such an extent that they can perform live and do well from gigs. They would be nothing without RTE, especially Jake as he is only known because of Dancing with the Stars.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly indifferent to the Carters in general. And really, I'm glad they didnt wheel out Eoghan McDermott and his annoying sister. Small blessings!

Do you have some connection to RTE?

And I would surmise that they don't live together at all, and that RTE have been very bold encouraging the lads to be breaking social distancing rules.

I would also surmise that the constant screen/air time that they are given by RTE enables them to build their profile to such an extent that they can perform live and do well from gigs. They would be nothing without RTE, especially Jake as he is only known because of Dancing with the Stars.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly indifferent to the Carters in general. And really, I'm glad they didnt wheel out Eoghan McDermott and his annoying sister. Small blessings!

Do you have some connection to RTE?

Seeing as neither of us really know their domestic arrangements let's file it under "requires verification" :)

To your second point, that's just how showbiz works. One thing feeds off the other and everyone is trying to make a few bob before the music stops. Always was always will be.

I'm not a big fan of the Carters either but they are doing well fair play to them.

As for your question about RTE, funny enough your not the first to ask on here.

Seeing as neither of us really know their domestic arrangements let's file it under "requires verification" :)

It's reasonable to assume that these two adult men dont live together. If this is not the case then it should have been stated. So I'll stick with my first opinion until proven otherwise.
    To your second point, that's just how showbiz works. One thing feeds off the other and everyone is trying to make a few bob before the music stops. Always was always will be

So what you're saying is let's just continually rehash Pippa and Vogue and co on every RTE show because they need to 'earn a few bob' and 'that's just the way showbiz works'? Are you serious?
    As for your question about RTE, funny enough your not the first to ask on here.

I'll take that as a yes. Care to tell more? It would be interesting if someone from RTE had the balls to openly admit it here and shed light on some of the sh*te that goes on there. It would make a good AMA I think!

• Advertisement

It's reasonable to assume that these two adult men dont live together. If this is not the case then it should have been stated. So I'll stick with my first opinion until proven otherwise.

So what you're saying is let's just continually rehash Pippa and Vogue and co on every RTE show because they need to 'earn a few bob' and 'that's just the way showbiz works'? Are you serious?

I didn't mention Pippa and Vogue. The Carters have some talent and a successful career. Their income is from playing gigs not being on RTE. It's just how TV works everywhere, you pick up on a good act and away you go. Get them in and they strut their stuff, If they go down well get em back. Ireland being small means the pool of talent is restricted.

I'll take that as a yes. Care to tell more? It would be interesting if someone from RTE had the balls to openly admit it here and shed light on some of the sh*te that goes on there. It would make a good AMA I think!

Fair enough think what you like, no odds to me.

I didn't mention Pippa and Vogue. The Carters have some talent and a successful career. Their income is from playing gigs not being on RTE. It's just how TV works everywhere, you pick up on a good act and away you go. Get them in and they strut their stuff, If they go down well get em back. Ireland being small means the pool of talent is restricted.

You can take it as a yes if you like. I didn't question your bona fides, we are both posting anonymously. Just shooting the breeze so to speak.

I didn't mention Pippa and Vogue.

oh right, are you against those two being given a platform for their businesses? They have successful careers too, though, like you say the Carters do. And social media followers. But even an RTE employee wouldnt be able to defend that carry on I imagine.
    The Carters have some talent and a successful career. Their income is from playing gigs not being on RTE.
    Disingenuous comment. They make their money because of the platform RTE gives them.
    It's just how TV works everywhere, you pick up on a good act and away you go. Get them in and they strut their stuff, If they go down well get em back.

You'll get them back alright. And back. And back. And back.
    Ireland being small means the pool of talent is restricted.

Ah here stop will ya.There are over six million of us on the island and many talented musicians out there. But sure why bother looking for them when you can just wheel out the brother of the guy that sings Wagon Wheel? Laziness, incompetence, nepotism, take your pick.

oh right, are you against those two being given a platform for their businesses? They have successful careers too, though, like you say the Carters do. And social media followers. But even an RTE employee wouldnt be able to defend that carry on I imagine.

Disingenuous comment. They make their money because of the platform RTE gives them.

You'll get them back alright. And back. And back. And back.

Ah here stop will ya.There are over six million of us on the island and many talented musicians out there. But sure why bother looking for them when you can just wheel out the brother of the guy that sings Wagon Wheel? Laziness, incompetence, nepotism, take your pick.

Stop certainly sounds attractive.

I am not a disingenuous poster.

You are entitled to your opinion so am I.

Stop certainly sounds attractive.

I am not a disingenuous poster.

You are entitled to your opinion so am I.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. We're shooting the breeze as you said.

tis my bed time anyway, so buenas noches!

Oh and say hi to Dee Forbes next time you see her at work (joking :D:D:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,335 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Nathan lives alone but tours alot, his granny could live with him sometimes, I think that was mentioned when Lucy lived with him

Jake is with his dancing partner from DWTS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone seeking an additional Carter fix, Jake is on High Road, Low road tonight on RTE1 at 8.30, they haven't gone away you know, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The " gig economy" has dried up so they're back to the sow's tit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

have rte announced when burnt by the sun pt 2 will be shown ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

fryup wrote: »
    have rte announced when burnt by the sun pt 2 will be shown ?

I haven't seen it announced anywhere.

They did the same thing earlier this year with 'Keeping Ireland' series, the one where they focus on 1 day in Ireland in a particular industry, beauty, hospitality etc. They showed 2 episodes and then nothing and 3rd one was I think eventually shown weeks later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

something libelous going on ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Thank god that lady survived Covid-19. It's sounded like a horrible & emotional ordeal.

It's a real pity to hear that the elderly woman who was speaking beside her throughout her stay in hospital had died from it recently.

R.I.P. Kitty. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Dermot Bannon can be rolled out for so many occasions, as he’d say himself he’s ‘multi functional’!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

Jeasus that man is a dose. He's like a yapping puppy or a runaway tongue. A licence to talk shoite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

This ****e with the flammable hand sanitizer. Non issue.

Your newspaper is very flammable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,935 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So did the antibody test prove she had the virus? I had to switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

This ad is ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

doylefe wrote: »
    This ****e with the flammable hand sanitizer. Non issue.

Your newspaper is very flammable too.

My first thought was it’ll give the pups ideas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

NIMAN wrote: »
    So did the antibody test prove she had the virus? I had to switch off.

Tested negative for Antibodies, but positive for Great Body .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Make And Do with CLaire Byrne ha.

Her mask was awful, it was like a quilt on her face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hope the face masks are available to buy in the shops soon. I’m not gonna attempt to make one. I will have to wear my wife’s knickers as one if the shops don’t have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Last time Claire did a demonstration it was for washing her hands properly and she was left in a shed for two weeks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Hope the face masks are available to buy in the shops soon. I’m not gonna attempt to make one. I will have to wear my wife’s knickers as one if the shops don’t have them.

Make sure you hijack a clean pair.

The last thing anyone wants to see coming towards them around eye level is a gusset that looks like the start line at Brand's Hatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I tried that but hey cut the hole off ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just ensure you don’t cause a shortage of knickers for front line personnel.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Claire believed to be the front runner to take over Sean o'Rourkes Today show
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Big write up in the current issue of the Phoenix on the race for Seans seat. I'll summarise:-

-Its an inside job, on Dr.Ciara and Ivan Yates they say "if RTE wanted you, then you would have already have received the call" which suggests their agents are trying
    -Dobbo would be favourite but isnt because he is not a woman, RTE management feel it has to be a female. This is because Brendan o'Connor got Marians slot so now they need a woman front and centre for their other big show.
    -Miriam and Claire Byrne are the clear front runners by a country mile with many RTE staffers believing Byrne will get it due to her age of 44. The Advantage for choosing either is that they are both already in the RTE Top 10 earners list and RTE cannot afford any more new entrants onto high salaries
    -Dark horse is Rachel English, however its believed she wants to concentrate on being a novelist
    -Sarah McInerney not in the running, seen by RTE management as being too inexperienced and lacking the X factor
    -Some question marks over Byrne due to her editorial decisions on Claire Byrne Live- the mock isolation ward and garden shed stunts didnt go down well with management who found it crass. Also a fear that she is too private and doesnt give anything away about herself on air. Management want the presenter to both inform the listeners and to also entertain them
    - On the other hand Miriam is seen as giving away too much on air. Also RTE management think her gushing praise of minor celebs and musicians on her Sunday show can grate with listeners, its just too OTT. And they dont like her giving interviews to every tabloid and glossy magazine dozens of times a year. If Miriam got the job then a run to 2025 when she turns 65 would suit her perfectly because word is she wants that job in the Aras and the election falls due that year.
    -

Advertisement