Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    They should have let Christy Dignam have a go on the quiz.

Did Claire ask Christy how can we protect ourselves in this crazy world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,403 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Everyone needs to give the up yours and support our airlines before they pull out of Ireland. I don't see mehole and his team of morons being able to bail them out.

Support our airlines? They're not a national football team. They're a business, and if they can't keep doing business, then shut them down, and let the planet breath a little easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Charlie Bird is off the reservation....sounds ;like the loony uncle at xmas after a few drinks

Claire is stepping out tonight..........looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Charlie Bird is off the reservation....sounds ;like the loony uncle at xmas after a few drinks

He is completely right in what he says it's too much day after day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a fine head of hair, I think it's interfering with her WiFi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Turning into Jim Corr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

God help her, she still thinks lockdown actually achieved something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I've taken to putting on a playlist at work. Far too much coverage tbf to Charlie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,444 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I've taken to putting on a playlist at work. Far too much coverage tbf to Charlie.

Disagree. Far too much Covid mania coverage on rte. High time there was some alternative questioning views on all this utter non sense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Charlie is incredibly annoying but he's looking mighty for 71.

M

I wonder how many 70 plus year olds who were socially distancing actually got Covid and died?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

road_high wrote: »
    Disagree. Far too much Covid mania coverage on rte. High time there was some alternative questioning views on all this utter non sense

eh...that's why I put on a playlist. I agree, it is at the point of being overbearing and actually counterproductive.

M

Your plan being to wait for the vaccine is like saying a prayer every morning in the hope that you live to be 200, you have to be realistic that a country can't sustain itself living like this for a number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

This would give u a headache..too many people altogether & now some weird interference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Claire got over the COVID fairly sharpish,
    My next door neighbour had it 3 months ago & is still suffering after affects!

Your plan being to wait for the vaccine is like saying a prayer every morning in the hope that you live to be 200, you have to be realistic that a country can't sustain itself living like this for a number of years.

I honestly believe, going on reports, that a vaccine will be available to the most vulnerable next year, but that there'll be a political/administrative nightmare in getting it to the rest of us and that will be the big news in 2021.

M

RTE should have a basic speed and quality standard for those contributing remotely, half the guests tonight had pure sheite, they shouldn't be allowed on.

Are you on de thread, Charlie?

M

I honestly believe, going on reports, that a vaccine will be available to the most vulnerable next year, but that there'll be a political/administrative nightmare in getting it to the rest of us and that will be the big news in 2021.

It's going to bring out the worst in countries and people as to who has the money to buy it up and skip the q. Additionally I heard most of them so far will need regular topping up so the poorest in the world will be lucky to ever get a look in.

• Advertisement
    M

With the Italians and Spanish telling us what was going on in the nursing homes there how did we make such a bloody mess of them here? It deserves a tribunal when this is over.

He's raiding good points, but there's nobody present to be able to further or counter them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

"Cocooning...Now, I know Charlie Bird, that drove you crackers"

Had to be intentional

M

Ridiculous the laws here that we need to have x amount of news on radio stations, should be up to themselves.

Id have tea with Claire........then get down to business.

It's going to bring out the worst in countries and people as to who has the money to buy it up and skip the q. Additionally I heard most of them so far will need regular topping up so the poorest in the world will be lucky to ever get a look in.

The influenza needs annual topping up, but if you get regular flu vaccines it affords a degree of immunity against the most deadly effects of new variants. Often in a new variant influenza pandemic the immune-naive get struck the worst, as happened in 1918. A lot of older people had already survived many different influenza outbreaks in their lives and didn't react as severe rarely to the novel virus.

M

Ffs, crooked CNN.

M

Anyone who thinks that's real is a fooking idiot.

Do they use this technology on Liveline by any chance? Might account for de garbled chatter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭bloopy

What is this?

Advertisement