Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    How would he know?

What a strange nonsensical irrelevant question.

I'll try to offer an answer. Because he has ears, and may have heard something.

"Do you know how" is a far more relevant question. Ask how he knows, but only if he says yes. And expect "I have two listening devices attached to my head called ears" as a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

walshb wrote: »
    Take away the prettiness and Claire Byrne really does eff all!!

shes far more suited to a loose women style afternoon yak show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Its a pity we don't have someone like Sophy Ridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Hoboo wrote: »
    What a strange nonsensical irrelevant question.

I'll try to offer an answer. Because he has ears, and may have heard something.

"Do you know how" is a far more relevant question. Ask how he knows, but only if he says yes. And expect "I have two listening devices attached to my head called ears" as a reply.

I am sure he has. Actually he has a lovely pair of ears if you look closely at them.

But whenever I am leaking sensitive public information to the media I tend to keep schtum about it, wouldn't you?

How could he possibly know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Richard Boyd Barrett on my telly yet again.

He seems confident in what he says and he knows what needs to be done. Someone should make him minister for health.

RBB has developed a speaking style which is designed to give the impression he's confidant and knows what he's talking about. If you actually listen to the words of what he said rather than how he said them you'll realise he hasn't a single interesting or insightful thought on the issue and just defaulted to taking a contrary view as he always does. May I also take this opportunity to say I can't stomach the sight of the man and that stupid neck scarf he wears don't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I am sure he has. Actually he has a lovely pair of ears if you look closely at them.

But whenever I am leaking sensitive public information to the media I tend to keep schtum about it, wouldn't you?

How could he possibly know?

You are completely missing the point

The issue needs to be raised....that is the point

"Tanaiste, what is going on that a government and NPhet letter/document that is of great importance finds its way into the public domain on a Sunday night at 9 p.m. What is your view on this, take on this, and would you have any idea how this could have happened."

Unless you see no issue with something like this getting into the public domain the way it did? Because many would disagree...

AllForIt wrote: »
    RBB has developed a speaking style which is designed to give the impression he's confidant and knows what he's talking about. If you actually listen to the words of what he said rather than how he said them you'll realise he hasn't a single interesting or insightful thought on the issue and just defaulted to taking a contrary view as he always does. May I also take this opportunity to say I can't stomach the sight of the man and that stupid neck scarf he wears don't help.

Spot on

Take the complete opposite side of any government call and then caveat this with "show me the money." They are utter garbage the lot of them

Had govt went to L5, you can bet he and his crew would have slated them for it, because we can't fund it and won't fund it, and this blathering nonsense

SF the same...their best view and take on this revolved around money and supports...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

walshb wrote: »
    You are completely missing the point

The issue needs to be raised....that is the point

"Tanaiste, what is going on that a government and NPhet letter/document that is of great importance finds its way into the public domain on a Sunday night at 9 p.m. What is you view on this, take on this, and would you have any idea how this could have happened."

Unless you see no issue with something like this getting into the public domain the way it did? Because many would disagree...

I think you are stuck on this one now. I appreciate you may not be a fan of Leo Varadker, but he can not be blamed for members of the HSE leaking documents to the press. It is simply out of his control, this is not Nazi Germany where we can remove all the typists/secretaries from NPHET and shoot them in the morning.

You are reaching now, don't bother replying I am really bored with this one. Get a grip please, I respect that you got no sleep on Sunday night.... you poor soul.

I think you are stuck on this one now. I appreciate you may not be a fan of Leo Varadker, but he can not be blamed for members of the HSE leaking documents to the press. It is simply out of his control, this is not Nazi Germany where we can remove all the typists/secretaries from NPHET and shoot them in the morning.

You are reaching now, don't bother replying I am really bored with this one. Get a grip please, I respect that you got no sleep on Sunday night.... you poor soul.

Me being a fan or not of Leo is irrelevant. And who mentioned blaming him? And, how is it that Leo wouldn't know, but you seem to: "for members of the HSE leaking documents to the press."

You are simply obtuse here...

There was a very important letter that made its way to the public the other night. To you, this means eff all....not to me, and not to many others...

Your reply here is rather childish, displaying an incapability to debate and reply in any mature kind of way. So, yes, let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭boardise

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What Claire did next and Where? Claire in the buff :P

I feel uneasy with the amount of exposure she has . 10 hours a week on radio and then almost 2 hours on prime time TV. This morning the radio show feasts on the TV the night before ..so the presenter is moderating the discussion they led last night ..effectively producing the news they helped generate. Very limiting and incestuous. I don't think she (or anyone) should be doing the two jobs.
    Since relying on RTE for news is akin to living in a cave ,I watch Euronews to get some inkling of what's happening in Europe let alone the rest of the world. I'm struck by the high number of their ( highly capable )reporters and commentators who are Irish.
    I wonder if this might be related to the fact that they can't get employed in Ireland since some people in the media here are multi jobbing.

• Advertisement

boardise wrote: »
    I feel uneasy with the amount of exposure she has . 10 hours a week on radio and then almost 2 hours on prime time TV. This morning the radio show feasts on the TV the night before ..so the presenter is moderating the discussion they led last night ..effectively producing the news they helped generate. Very limiting and incestuous. I don't think she (or anyone) should be doing the two jobs.
    Since relying on RTE for news is akin to living in a cave ,I watch Euronews to get some inkling of what's happening in Europe let alone the rest of the world. I'm struck by the high number of their ( highly capable )reporters and commentators who are Irish.
    I wonder if this might be related to the fact that they can't get employed in Ireland since some people in the media here are multi jobbing

And maybe they’re not in the NK “Talent” pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How to have your dinner outside and stay warm

long johns

Ah christ the show has now turned into Off the Rails x Head to Toe :confused:
    Joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

12446542.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On a plus side it's perfect for drinking cans in a field, no need for a fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

What to do if your cold......

We all need to start wearing Mormon Under Garments

magic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Glebee wrote: »
    What to do if your cold......

Putting all these eleven million layers of clothes when outside then means you need your house heated to 25 degrees plus as the norm as you develope lightweightitis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Is this program for people who can't think for themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Dickie10

is anybody else genuinely feeling a GUBU moment there on CB Live? its made me thoroughly depressed as I can see through the charade this is of RTE draining the Covid 19 pandemic of all its saleable tv value. Claire Byrne laughing heartly at the set up of the poor old git they wheeled out, jesus lad this is a new low, like overall think about whats on ? never a man for aul leftist muck talk but the state tv now telling us how we should enjoy ourselves just dosent sit well with me , im thoruhgly depressed

free-refills-on-the-soup-and-wine-nice.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

claire byrne is very beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

We all need to start wearing Mormon Under Garments

magic.jpg

I hope there onesies

fritzelly wrote: »
    Is this program for people who can't think for themselves?

Even fair City had '#holdfirm' in the background last night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

Dickie10 wrote: »
    is anybody else genuinely feeling a GUBU moment there on CB Live? its made me thoroughly depressed as I can see through the charade this is of RTE draining the Covid 19 pandemic of all its saleable tv value. Claire Byrne laughing heartly at the set up of the poor old git they wheeled out, jesus lad this is a new low, like overall think about whats on ? never a man for aul leftist muck talk but the state tv now telling us how we should enjoy ourselves just dosent sit well with me , im thoruhgly depressed

strap in buddy and get used to it.

Dickie10 wrote: »

The solution, turn off RTE before you become a zombie. The Simpsons predicted a takeover of television. They just used Mr Burns to portray the virus. Rather ironically, Homer becomes accustomed to his TV presence. Sounds familiar?

giphy-1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Even fair City had '#holdfirm' in the background last night :rolleyes:

What's that all about? I've seen it flashing up on those roadsigns travelling through Galway 2 weeks ago.

What are we supposed to hold firm to?

• Advertisement

1990sman wrote: »
    strap in buddy and get used to it.

Or if everyone done this.... problem solved :)

3slppu.jpg

Advertisement