Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think it is great that there will be football and hurling on the telly. It will be something to do, hopefully they strata the throw ins.

With the pubs all closed there is no issue of social distancing.

Amazing the way the schoolrooms have antiviral properties. Maybe they could be converted into ICUs and we'd see rapid cures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Amazing the way the schoolrooms have antiviral properties. Maybe they could be converted into ICUs and we'd see rapid cures.

I think it is very obvious what is going on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭secman

Nice bit of balance shown by RTE on GAA...ffs...calling it elite is even ridiculous... the fcking notions of them is unreal...the opium of the nation according to one of them.... fcking mental all together. Its pure crap to try and watch it... believe me ive tried a few times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Watching this in the +1 now. I hope the virus situation is demoted to number 2 news story and we have a 1hr debate about the welfare of Fungi the celebrity fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

walshb wrote: »
    Can bog ball just fook off for 6 weeks..

No, it won't thankfully.

Anyways, it'll all nearly be over in 6 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Watching this in the +1 now. I hope the virus situation is demoted to number 2 news story and we have a 1hr debate about the welfare of Fungi the celebrity fish.

Word has it that he eloped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lol @ Colm O'Rourke with his comment on Teachers Unions there ("they're good at doing stupid things"). Claire Byrne had to cut him off pretty quickly there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lol @ Colm O'Rourke with his comment on Teachers Unions there ("they're good at doing stupid things"). Claire Byrne had to cut him off pretty quickly there.

And a frantic look in the direction of the floor manager/producer.

Some shoyte spoken there between Brady and O'Rourke. And when presented with the stats of the Amarach Research Poll O'Rourke rubbished it like the class act he is :rolleyes: because it shows his thinking to be seriously out of touch with the majority. Living in the past.

GAA people absolutely hate the fact that there are Irish people who couldn't give a shoyte about them or their fervent parochialism.

O'Rourke and Brady saying all the players want the games to go ahead - they don't, as evidenced by coments in the media today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

The are trying to spin that the GAA is what the people want. BS
    People are furious that they are allowed to hold their super spreader events after every training session and match.

I love hurling watched Clare (my county) get well beaten this evening, but there is NO WAY that any GAA should be going on.Bull****e..
    No need for it..lads spouting ****e saying how we need it..We dont...

What happens if Level 5 doesnt work?

I have already applied for that 1-way ticket to Mars!!

Some shoyte spoken there between Brady and O'Rourke. And when presented with the stats of the Amarach Research Poll O'Rourke rubbished it like the class act he is :rolleyes: because it shows his thinking to be seriously out of touch with the majority. Living in the past.

GAA people absolutely hate the fact that there are Irish people who couldn't give a shoyte about them or their fervent parochialism.

O'Rourke and Brady saying all the players want the games to go ahead - they don't, as evidenced by coments in the media today.

And the way he responded to that "well the players like it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Sorolla

It is our birthright to play GAA.
    It is in our heritage.
    When the Black and Tans were pilfering through this great country our lads continued to play hurling and thereby learning life saving military skills.
    It is the mark of a man to don the o neils togs and jersey and to play for the county.

We are Irish and the virus never killed a sportsman

GAA keeps us fit in mind and body

We need our national sports

Sorolla wrote: »
    It is our birthright to play GAA.
    It is in our heritage.
    When the Black and Tans were pilfering through this great country our lads continued to play hurling and thereby learning life saving military skills.
    It is the mark of a man to don the o neils togs and jersey and to play for the county.

We are Irish and the virus never killed a sportsman

GAA keeps us fit in mind and body

We need our national sports

I honestly don’t know if you’re trolling or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭trashcan

And a frantic look in the direction of the floor manager/producer.

:D. Yeah, she almost shat herself.

Look on the brightside folks, at least we didn't have a mock up of a living room/bar/hairdressers tonight. Tis the small things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I honestly don’t know if you’re trolling or thick.
    Fyp
    Look on the brightside folks, at least we didn't have a mock up of a living room/bar/hairdressers tonight. Tis the small things.
    I thought they were going to get the undertaker to do a demonstration of an appropriate funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

s1ippy wrote: »
    I thought they were going to get the undertaker to do a demonstration of an appropriate funeral.

10 inside, and the rest huddled around a speaker outside the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

secman wrote: »
    Nice bit of balance shown by RTE on GAA...ffs...calling it elite is even ridiculous... the fcking notions of them is unreal...the opium of the nation according to one of them.... fcking mental all together. Its pure crap to try and watch it... believe me ive tried a few times...

I think it's more of a religion with some of them...

• Advertisement

s1ippy wrote: »
    Fyp

He could have done it inside his plane down the road in Enniscrone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

McConkey has real ideas...

Clever resourceful and thought out!

Martin Feeley wiped the floor with him 2 weeks back on Prime Time.
    McConkey is a spoofer that cannot be challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

washman3 wrote: »
    Martin Feeley wiped the floor with him 2 weeks back on Prime Time.
    McConkey is a spoofer that cannot be challenged.

:D:D Funny I thought the Doctor embarrassed himself tbh. You can't debate with stupid. The presenter and McConkey sat there mostly with an exasperated look on their faces with a tinge of pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

:D:D Funny I thought the Doctor embarrassed himself tbh. You can't debate with stupid. The presenter and McConkey sat there mostly with an exasperated look on their faces with a tinge of pity.

That's your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it. All depends on the way you see both arguments. One thing I can say is that the vast majority of people I spoke to, and most posters here, agreed with Dr. Feeley.
    He is of course now labelled 'far right' because he dares to question the narrative so that may explain why some people disagree with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭HBC08

Can bog ball just fook off for 6 weeks..

I dont want the championship to go ahead either.
    However I dont trust any Irish man that refers to GAA as bogball.

HBC08 wrote: »
    I dont want the championship to go ahead either.
    However I dont trust any Irish man that refers to GAA as bogball.

I consider people who issue those kinda statements as similar to the gobsh!tes who use the term foreign sport. Utter idiots.

The only benefit of no gaa championship is not having to watch Dublin lifting the Sam Maguire again. Can’t stand them and their monopoly structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Looking at them the other night against a depleated Meath team i cant see Dublin winning an All ireland this year, once Meath actually started to get stuck in Dublin didnt like it at all, if Meath had a decent poacher forward they would have won.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Gaa is up it's own arse.

We aren't all in this together.

It's far more important that the general populace get out and get some exercise for mental health reasons than a few thousand people watching some GAA national league "elite players" shyte on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,742 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

washman3 wrote: »
    That's your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it. All depends on the way you see both arguments. One thing I can say is that the vast majority of people I spoke to, and most posters here, agreed with Dr. Feeley.
    He is of course now labelled 'far right' because he dares to question the narrative so that may explain why some people disagree with him.

Ah, 'the vast majority of people you spoke to'?

:):)

Advertisement