Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭fire_man

Yes thought that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there anything Claire Byrne wont mock up? We've had mock pubs, mock hairdressers, mock airplanes and now a mock vaccine delivery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is there anything Claire Byrne wont mock up? We've had mock pubs, mock hairdressers, mock airplanes and now a mock vaccine delivery :rolleyes:

And a Mock Sex Dungeon SHed lets not forget .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

She is going to inoculate a dummy. Crikey.

A mock inoculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

IAMAMORON wrote: »

A mock inoculation.
    moculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

IMG-0776-v3.jpg

Well that's one way to present your arm for a Jab .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What demographic is she trying get (both on TV and radio)?
    I'm normally interested in current affairs but if I watch/listen to anything she does I could be enjoying a good political debate one minute but after the break she's giving me beauty tips.
    I never make an effort to tune in to any of her programmes now because I don't know how much of it will be of interest to me. I'm sure the people who want beauty tips are the same as they don't want to hear about somebody who had dementia (no offence meant to Nora Owen or anybody).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Jasus, somebody needs to tell that Nora one how to pronounce Dementia. All she's saying is ''de-men-sia''.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

They are millionaires they have no worry about affording care WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,278 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

IAMAMORON wrote: »

A mock inoculation.

What a waste of a vaccine jab.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

shocksy wrote: »
    Jasus, somebody needs to tell that Nora one how to pronounce Dementia. All she's saying is ''de-men-sia''.

The was the proper middle-class way of saying it.

One of the reasons I can't bear RTE is the way they never stop discussing health issues. If it's not dementia it's motor neuron disease or cystic fibrosis or alzheimer's etc etc. I have no idea why the guest said we should be talking about dementia more. What for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

AllForIt wrote: »
    The was the proper middle-class way of saying it.

One of the reasons I can't bear RTE is the way they never stop discussing health issues. If it's not dementia it's motor neuron disease or cystic fibrosis or alzheimer's etc etc. I have no idea why the guest said we should be talking about dementia more. What for.

Id imagine its because the average demographic audience of RTE ONE is considerably maturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Id imagine its because the average demographic audience of RTE ONE is considerably maturer.

Well I think that may have something to do it but still. I literally just just turned on the news are there's an interview with some woman taking about some young lad prolly her son who died in a car accident. She's talking about how he had his life all ahead of him, he was studying this and liked doing that. Cars are not toys, If even one life could be saved by this warning kinda thing. I mean you just don't get this kind of stuff on TV 24/7 in other countries, so it's not just illnesses, it's RTE's misery agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus wept, just looking at a repeat of this nonsense, I suspect Claire might be best placed on children's TV, I can not believe this show was dedicated to mock ups of vaccine storage and delivery followed by the most bizzare & absurd mock up of a dummy getting the vaccine. This certainly will make it onto reeling in the years "most embarrassing TV moments" in about 20 years. Just awful stuff.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Oh great, another mock up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

sully123 wrote: »
    Oh great, another mock up!

And Dustin. Could be interesting for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does anyone actually watch rte anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Not that I watch it, but her ad suggests she'll be doing a piece on Lottie Ryan growing u-- sorry, moving out of the family home. On national TV, really? This would barely make the lifestyle section of The Farmers Journal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Does anyone actually watch rte anymore?

Yes, lots of people do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes, lots of people do

After last week's Vaccine mock up, I've taken to a monastery and won't have access to RTE as part of my penance and vows of avoiding mundaness and utter drivel.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

**** off dustin. Take your fat RTE pension and leave us all the hell alone for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Jaysus, looks like a bag of cans in the local field for Stephens Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

"big news coming tomorrow" so rte tells us tomorrows news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

dammmnnn... wouldn't mind Dr. Amy Morgan as my GP. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Yowzaa, I’m moving to Louth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I pity the restaurants, hotels and pubs that have ordered in food and stock for next week that they will now have to offload, impossible to run a business in these conditions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

dammmnnn... wouldn't mind Dr. Amy Morgan as my GP. :D

The one in the black dress??

Family home Tullamore, living in West Cork coz nicer.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Luke has his paycheck under his arm anyway

Just thinking the same. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Luke was on tv3 earlier in week saying there was nothing to get excited about the covid virus mutations..

Advertisement