Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Here come the Holy Joe's....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

First camera cock up there?

Also, someone obviously suggested audience participation.

Pro life.
    Pro life.
    Pro life.

Interesting.

"second class citizens". Why the hyperbole? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,565 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

These people just don't understand the word choice.

Anne Farris confirming she will vote against the government.

Fair play. The whip is going to have to be reformed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Harris is an arrogant shit.

When he was in Wexford promoting himself as a European candidate he and his entourage of cars were parked along the quays right outside the radio station he was being interviewed by, all parked on double yellow lines and blocking traffic while he was on air, arrogant clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Jeez I don't know, I never came across him before but I couldn't listen to him.
    I despaired at how someone like that could get enough votes to be a TD.

He was the only one with a plan and making sense.

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein abstaining in this vote is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Jeez I don't know, I never came across him before but I couldn't listen to him.
    I despaired at how someone like that could get enough votes to be a TD.

He was actually a very active,promising and interesting individual before being elected, but since becoming a TD he definitely has swallowed the entire jar of pills and now displays all the swaggering arrogance that is, and always has been, the trademark of the blueshirts. He has become a horrible, despicable and unlikeable young man.
    Delighted Dunphy put the boot into him, pity that Claire protected him so much.

Would she ever say that Joan rang her though? Yer wan benefits from distancing herself from government and Joan avoids looking like she was desparate to keep Labour seats.

Sinn Fein abstaining in this vote is an absolute disgrace.

Political manoeuvring. It makes sense for them and I can't say I blame them.....Its just that its a cowardly move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Harris is a twat on twitter

Kirby wrote: »
    Political manoeuvring. It makes sense for them and I can't say I blame them.....Its just that its a cowardly move.

Political manoeuvering on such an important issue for women just isn't good enough for a party that seeks to get into government. They claim to be a pro-woman party.

It's shocking for a supposedly left wing party. (Not to mention the irony of Sinn Fein being a so called "pro life" party).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'll ask prospective candidates how they voted in this bill when they canvass me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Harris is even more arrogant now than Varadkar was when he first came on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

These people just don't understand the word choice.
    You could say the same about the National Women's Council of Ireland and Ruhama's efforts to criminalise the purchase of sex. They, like the pro-lifers, believe they know what is best not just for society, but for other women. It's always worrying when these groups come along so certain in their convictions and that their belief is correct above all others. Because that is what pro life is, a belief. It is the religious belief to the atheist who would rather simply allow all beliefs to exist together and not decide which belief is right or wrong.

What a woman chooses to do with her body is not for society to decide on. It is sadistic to force a person to carry around a foetus for months and then to give birth to a baby when they explicitly state they would prefer not to. If every woman in the world decided tomorrow they didn't want children then that is their choice. It is for us as men to attempt to change their mind if we wish to further the existence of humanity. It is not for us to force any woman to have sex, or to force any pregnant woman to give birth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

washman3 wrote: »
    He was actually a very active,promising and interesting individual before being elected, but since becoming a TD he definitely has swallowed the entire jar of pills and now displays all the swaggering arrogance that is, and always has been, the trademark of the blueshirts. He has become a horrible, despicable and unlikeable young man.
    Delighted Dunphy put the boot into him, pity that Claire protected him so much.

He talked in figures, Dunphy talked in emotion.

Figures are real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

mojesius wrote: »
    Jaysus. Simon Harris an awful prick. He makes my skin crawl.

I have never heard of nor encountered him before this tonight(goes to show how many of these gougers there are about taking a fine state salary and none of us have a clue who the feck they are ;))

He made me sick. He was like something from Alan B'stard ffs. If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious. This is the type of arrogant pup representing us??
    No wonder we are fecked :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CatFromHue wrote: »

Figures are real.

Selective figures.

VERYYYY selective figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

kefir32 wrote: »
    Simon Harris has an unusual jaw shape lol he also comes across as the know it all brat

Head like a vicegrip.

vise-grip.gif

and the attitude of a prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just watched it on the player.

First thing, those pieces of film can always make somewhere sound like Utopia, but its easy to mention all the good things, and say nothing about the bad points of a country. Every country has both. France is no different.

Dunphy is so one-sided in this debate. No good him saying look at Greece now, doing their own thing. Yeah well we will see how they manage to do their own thing with no money. Its crazy economics they are proposing, a bit like Paul Murphy and his ilk.

And Dunphy rants about stuff like water tax here, then goes on to say that you can pay betweeb 600 and 1500 in France for water. Then why's it such a great country Eamon ya fool?

As for Murphy, not a fan of his. Just playing popular politics knowing he will never have to introduce any of his ideas. A common tactic of the anti-everything brigade. They hate the fact that Ireland is looking good in the media and running a surplus again, doesn't suit their argument at all.

As for that Harris fella, I thought he made a lot of good points and had the facts to back up his claims, unlike some of the other panelists. Yet there was something definitely annoying about him, far too smug. I thought that Dunphy was holding back the urge to cross the floor and knock seven shades of sh1t outta him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Smidge wrote: »
    I have never heard of nor encountered him before this tonight(goes to show how many of these gougers there are about taking a fine state salary and none of us have a clue who the feck they are ;))

He made me sick. He was like something from Alan B'stard ffs. If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious. This is the type of arrogant pup representing us??
    No wonder we are fecked :mad:

you see if you listened to him and not eamons and Paul's doom and gloom and crazy ideas you would realise Ireland is far from fecked at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I was very pleased to see Simon Harris going toe to toe with Eamon Dunphy last night. Dunphy is an arrogant man who has no respect for anyone elses opinion. He changes his views to suit the prevailing mood of the time and he is full of bluster, with little to back up his rants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

yipeeeee wrote: »
    He was the only one with a plan and making sense.

:D

Did you actually listen to Harris? I never came across him before but I have him pigeon holed from now on as a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

:D

Did you actually listen to Harris? I never came across him before but I have him pigeon holed from now on as a prick.

Fair enough if that's how you feel, but had you any issues with the content of what he was saying? Or can you refute any of his points?

I honestly would find it difficult to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Fair enough if that's how you feel, but had you any issues with the content of what he was saying? Or can you refute any of his points?

I honestly would find it difficult to

I thought he was right about Jack Charlton yes. The rest was just bluster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

CatFromHue wrote: »

Figures are real.

Emotions are human.

Advertisement