Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

AMKC wrote: »
    I see they are trouble for tonight's show.
    They were going to broadcast it from outside the Matter Hospital but might not be now. Link below,

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/this-is-all-kinds-of-wrong-rte-face-calls-not-to-broadcast-claire-byrne-live-outside-hospital-39955017.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding

Gave up on this show after the infamous mocks, can we expect Claire to dawn on a paramedic outfit and assume the role. Just a ghastly idea for a show, turning into a Jeremy Kyle wannabe.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Don't watch this rubbish anymore its a disgrace of a show she really has not a clue , I nip in and out of the late late which is also gone downhill in my opinion I cant understand how Renault is sticking with the late late as the add says great entertainment which its not. How can Graham and Jonathan Ross make lively shows with out a mention of Covid RTE is obsessed with it if ever there was a need for good fun weekend entertainment now is the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭elperello

AMKC wrote: »
    I see they are trouble for tonight's show.
    They were going to broadcast it from outside the Matter Hospital but might not be now. Link below,

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/this-is-all-kinds-of-wrong-rte-face-calls-not-to-broadcast-claire-byrne-live-outside-hospital-39955017.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding

The definition of a Twitter mob.

If the hospital is ok with it then so am I.

That's where the front line is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Cole

"Arranged with the full cooperation of the Mater Hospital"

I'm just guessing that the hospital/HSE think it might be another way to wake (some) people up to how serious things are, but methinks they chose the wrong person/show to do this with. All the potential to turn into an exploitative, tacky, embarrassing and cringe inducing show to watch through your fingers...nothing new there then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Oops!

The full works will be put on tonight....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Cole

Full steam ahead it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Herself and Tubridy seem to be having a competition as to who can cram in the most misery.

Joe Duffy would like a word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have they got a soundtrack in the background of a ventilator beeping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Don’t know what to make of this....bit bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Poor nurses have to stand out in the cold and yap to Byrne.
    Stupid ,

• Advertisement
    M

So let me get this straight we now have so many ventilators we can have one sitting in the car park of a hospital of a Monday evening as a prop for a tv show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

I think this is spot on. People need to wake up and realise that they will end up in hospital if they keep going out and about. Maybe broadcasting from outside a hospital will help firm that image on people's minds.

Have they got a soundtrack in the background of a ventilator beeping?

They hiss and suck. Spent 10 weeks by somebody's bedside on one, who was fully conscious as they took him off sedation. Took some morale boosting but outcome was a lung transplant that gave well over 20 year's good life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

So let me get this straight we now have so many ventilators we can have one sitting in the car park of a hospital of a Monday evening as a prop for a tv show?

Maybe it’s a fake mock-up............like everything else on this show?

That's terrible having a precious ventilator outdoors in windswept rain even if under some shelter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭nc6000

They should have had this on straight after the Nine O'Clock News.

Presumably it's a defunct one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

That's terrible having a precious ventilator outdoors in windswept rain even if under some shelter.

Probably worth it if the idea is to make more people comply. 1 ventilator out of option for a couple of hours to prevent a lot of people spreading the disease. Might be worth it. I think they have needed to do this for ages. As someone anti lockdowns it's useful to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

It's going to be some laugh when that tent takes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

touts wrote: »
    I think this is spot on. People need to wake up and realise that they will end up in hospital if they keep going out and about. Maybe broadcasting from outside a hospital will help firm that image on people's minds.

Exactly. If you don't get the point of this show you're probably a bit thick.

• Advertisement
    M

All €30k's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Tandey

Cheers for venting your displeasure.

I used to watch my friend on the ventilator in 1993 whilst the nurses would take a short break. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

2 security guards in the background glued to each other. clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Very happy to hear him say he hates face masks (horrendous things) and there's an end in sight. Very reassuring.

Tandey wrote: »
    Cheers for venting your displeasure.

I'm presuming, like airplanes, they need to be taken out of service for maintenance. I would imagine this one is probably on its way to maintenance. I think in reality ventilators are not as "high tech" as the staff managing them, and the operation of them is more yet dependant on training than pure availability of the machines.

This is putting the fear of Tony in to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

I used to watch my friend on the ventilator in 1993 whilst the nurses would take a short break. Seriously.

My wife was on a ventilator in Mater ICU a couple of years back, tube came loose when nurse was on her break - I had to run out of the cubicle and grab a passing doctor to replace the tube.

Are they bringing out the dummy?

• Advertisement
    M

A quick TikTok video of someone at deaths door getting hooked up to a vintalator might have more hope of appealing to the youth/youthettes.

Advertisement