Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's the beeping gets to me, it's pure torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Are they bringing out the dummy?
    No he will be on Radio 1 tomorrow at 13.45

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

She really is the queen of the scaremonger. She revels in it.

Ever since she sat in a brand new sauna last year and pretended it was a shed in her back garden I have simply lost faith in her conceited faux earnest. It is remarkable that she managed to contract the virus all the way back then. Who else?

She is a textbook vulture journalist, prowling around places and elements of despair to enable her own ratings.

It is sickening really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do they really need to show that?

curioser wrote: »
    My wife was on a ventilator in Mater ICU a couple of years back, tube came loose when nurse was on her break - I had to run out of the cubicle and grab a passing doctor to replace the tube.

Yeah, that happened my friend more than once, and he also pulled it out of his neck trying it adjust it to make it more comfortable shortly after the tracheostomy. Use to assist with the artery sticks by compressing wrist artery after. Also filled the food tube with Guinness as that was actually a recommended thing then. Wouldn't happen now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A quick TikTok video of someone at deaths door getting hooked up to a vintalator might have more hope of appealing to the youth/youthettes.

I saw a video of a packed Italian ICU at the start and it made the point. IMO we needed more showing and less telling 11 months ago.

bigroad wrote: »
    No he will be on Radio 1 tomorrow at 13.45

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Have you ever seen anything like this.
    What a dumb question they keep asking.

M

I saw a video of a packed Italian ICU at the start and it made the point. IMO we needed more showing and less telling 11 months ago.

Yes Sky News did a great report from a hospital early on in Italy, it certainly got my attention. I'd much prefer tha Sky reporters PPE than what the RTE reporter has on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I had my doubts about this broadcast. Not any more. Show the picture as real as you can. Even if a small percentage of the tin foilers can be swayed by reality

• Advertisement

What many of us here don't realise is that most of us have been on a ventilator for a short period of time... during general anaesthesia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It is clearly very humid around the Mater at the moment, no coats needed.

forumdedum wrote: »
    I had my doubts about this broadcast. Not any more. Show the picture as real as you can. Even if a small percentage of the tin foilers can be swayed by reality

I watched some UK documentaries following patients from admission to death or recovery. Very sobering as many of them were chatting away initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

My sister in law and her boyfriend spent Christmas and the weeks in the buildup on the piss around Kilkenny. Didn't give a damn. Pandemic was over. Vaccines fixed it all. Party time. And he lives with his elderly parents. Not a clue between them.

Now they are self isolating after being close contacts with a confirmed case. Just sent her a text telling her to tune in to Claire Byrne Live.

No response yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

This show should have been on an hour earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,927 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I watched some UK documentaries following patients from admission to death or recovery. Very sobering as many of them were chatting away initially.

They sound very interesting.

Any links to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

touts wrote: »
    My sister in law and her boyfriend spent Christmas and the weeks in the buildup on the piss around Kilkenny. Didn't give a damn. Pandemic was over. Vaccines fixed it all. Party time. And he lives with his elderly parents. Not a clue between them.

Now they are self isolating after being close contacts with a confirmed case. Just sent her a text telling her to tune in to Claire Byrne Live.

No response yet.

I have a work colleague that called in covid positive on the 4th of January saying that they had a family gathering and a lot of them got the virus, she actually said "it was a great Christmas though".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Sagita got her marching orders.

She was far to upbeat and positive about how the Mater is dealing with the new wave.

Not good for bad TV. See ya Sagita.

Random psychoanalyst on now, " the mental anxiety " - in fairness to the production team it looks as if they have adopted the instructions of perceiving dread and desperation to the T. A job well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,927 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What many of us here don't realise is that most of us have been on a ventilator for a short period of time... during general anaesthesia.

Had an ok maybe 10 years ago now, and always remember my throat was very sore when I came round, that must have been it.

NIMAN wrote: »
    They sound very interesting.

Any links to them?

This is one of them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000j49t

There was one following a doctor in Italy too, her nerves were nearly destroyed, it showed her children trying to comfort her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

I have a work colleague that called in covid positive on the 4th of January saying that they had a family gathering and a lot of them got the virus, she actually said "it was a great Christmas though".

I'd sack her for endangering staff. Would happily argue the case in front of the Employment Tribunal and wouldn't give her a cent no matter what they awarded her.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Had an ok maybe 10 years ago now, and always remember my throat was very sore when I came round, that must have been it.

I remember once or twice being attached when I came around and the tube being removed by the anaesthetist as he told me to hold still as he removed it.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Sagita got her marching orders.

She was far to upbeat and positive about how the Mater is dealing with the new wave.

Not good for bad TV. See ya Sagita.

Random psychoanalyst on now, " the mental anxiety " - in fairness to the production team it looks as if they have adopted the instructions of perceiving dread and desperation to the T. A job well done.

Her accent made her more difficult to understand I found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

I dont think the people they are trying to target are watching Claire Byrne Live..

On Friday I was with my GP and as I waited outside his room he was making several telephone calls to arrange ambulances for Covid positive patients who had deteriorated and could hardly speak on the phone. He said he had never had a day like it in his life.

M

Will hundreds of Irish people travelling from UK to Rathkeale against travel advice get a mention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I understand that at least 4 or 5 prisons are active clusters, will be interesting to see what the prison service officer says. Overall they have done very well though.

Glebee wrote: »
    I dont think the people they are trying to target are watching Claire Byrne Live..

Hopefully their relatives might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poor living conditions

Sure

• Advertisement

I understand that at least 4 or 5 prisons are active clusters, will be interesting to see what the prison service officer says. Overall they have done very well though.

You'd like to think so.
    They're supposed to be more or less a closed system.

Advertisement