Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

She's right about direct provision.
    Decisions on asylum cases should be made in 6-12 months. None of this hanging on for years nonsense....

So what did we do instead? We sent them moving between nursing homes and then going back to shared accommodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Rodin wrote: »
    You'd like to think so.
    They're supposed to be more or less a closed system.

Not really, prisoners are coming and going all the time. Also, a lot of them were probably not adhering to guidelines when on the outside.

And a lot of people live in small crowded houses because they are working their butt to pay the mortgage for that.

Not really, prisoners are coming and going all the time. Also, a lot of them were probably not adhering to guidelines when on the outside.

Lock them up for longer.
    Would solve a lot of problems.

What are these 'checkpoints' this person in blue is talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Really need to get this ****e of a show off the air or moved to a different time slot, still believe that a questions and answers/question type show would be better than the multi issue show that runs through the numerous topics it has on any given night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Prisoners have a better live than those in the nursing homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They must be no breathalising happening at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I understand that at least 4 or 5 prisons are active clusters, will be interesting to see what the prison service officer says. Overall they have done very well though.

They released loads of the prisoners. Dublin City Centre is roaming with them

With my work I am regularly in contact with the prison service, have to say that they are excellent to work with, really proactive, always impressed with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will there be a song at the end or perhaps a guide on how to make facemasks from an old curtain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

The light at the end of the tunnel is ...... an oncoming train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Will hundreds of Irish people travelling from UK to Rathkeale against travel advice get a mention?
    Poor living conditions

Sure

Check out the Limerick forum. Mods don't let ya say a word. It's pathetic tbh.

There'll be criticism that everybody featured is white...

Will there be a song at the end or perhaps a guide on how to make facemasks from an old curtain.

Luke O'Neill is tuning up the guitar in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Claire Byrne perfect for the LLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Rodin wrote: »
    There'll be criticism that everybody featured is white...

You can't use the word White anymore.

bigroad wrote: »
    You can't use the word White anymore.

Oh?

For anyone who watches Flightradar24 App for movement of aircraft all around the world, maybe an interactive Covid ambulance real time tracker might get the message across.

Not sure what the point in having the show outside was. Why not have all the same people in studio?

Not sure what the point in having the show outside was. Why not have all the same people in studio?

1) There on the spot, saves their time.

2) Open air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭RamonD3

Really need to get this ****e of a show off the air or moved to a different time slot, still believe that a questions and answers/question type show would be better than the multi issue show that runs through the numerous topics it has on any given night.

That John Bowman was a great broadcaster, standards sure have fallen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Are they bringing out the dummy?

She’s hosting the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I have a work colleague that called in covid positive on the 4th of January saying that they had a family gathering and a lot of them got the virus, she actually said "it was a great Christmas though".

What a covidiot. There's lots of them around. Many just dont care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is it not obvious?
    Easier to talk to staff from the hospital that way and outside is a safer environment than a hospital with a lot of Covid patients in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

murpho999 wrote: »
    Is it not obvious?
    Easier to talk to staff from the hospital that way and outside is a safer environment than a hospital with a lot of Covid patients in it.

I know they are doing a phenomenal job but it was a remiss of RTE to show medics and nurses standing side by side in the ED. In an IDEAL World they would social distance.

Unfortunately masks do not confer 100% protection. In fact the 3M masks FFP worn at the Mater had air vents. These vented types confer less protection than the non vented 3M masks used in the London hospitals covid wards such as UCL Hospital in Fitzrovia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    She really is the queen of the scaremonger. She revels in it.

Ever since she sat in a brand new sauna last year and pretended it was a shed in her back garden I have simply lost faith in her conceited faux earnest. It is remarkable that she managed to contract the virus all the way back then. Who else?

She is a textbook vulture journalist, prowling around places and elements of despair to enable her own ratings.

It is sickening really?

The mind-boggling thing is the actual amount of people in this country that fail miserably to see through her for what she is.
    The Hayfever stunt in her sauna was the final straw for me.
    She will get her come uppance some day, of that there is no doubt.
    A very dangerous person.!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I think the "stunt" in the "shed" opened a lot of people's eyes and made them revisit their opinion on her. That really was a pathetic stunt and it will follow her around for the rest of her career.

I have big doubts about whether Ciara Kelly or Tubridy had it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What irked and bugged me most about last nights show was how blatant and predictable her line of questioning was. She kept going with the mud slinging at the government pre Christmas advice. She was pouring words into random health service employees who are standing in windy and rainy carpark under a phucking makeshift tent freezing their gees off.

" so ,Mary O'Whatsyourface, do you think the government should have heeded Baldy NPHETS advice before Christmas"

" Oh, Oh m Oh M stutter m stutter something oh phuck I wonder is my mammy watching this?"

Meanwhile patients are seemingly upstairs dying.

Every January since the day I was born vulture journalists have been hanging around A&E depts tut tutting about flu sufferers and Christmas detoxers lying crying in trolleys, Covid is just a bonus for them. I can guarantee you if there was no Covid the Claire Byrne show of a second Monday in January would have focused on a " malfunctioning HSE " and " The governments failed approach to find a solution to Irelands' health crisis"

She is guttersnipe. She sounds and acts like your best pal from primary school who went on to great things and she dresses for the masses. But deep down and underneath the facade she is a textbook shight stirring journo looking to boost her ratings and escalate herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,400 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Random psychoanalyst on now, " the mental anxiety " - in fairness to the production team it looks as if they have adopted the instructions of perceiving dread and desperation to the T. A job well done.

She was a professor of psychiatry, but sure, lookit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The poster that made the disgusting post with the gif last night that was deleted (and subsequent comments deleted)

Was there at least a card given?

Advertisement