Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

callaway92 wrote: »
    The poster that made the disgusting post with the gif last night that was deleted (and subsequent comments deleted)

Was there at least a card given?

What was it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Azatadine wrote: »
    I think the "stunt" in the "shed" opened a lot of people's eyes and made them revisit their opinion on her. That really was a pathetic stunt and it will follow her around for the rest of her career.

I have big doubts about whether Ciara Kelly or Tubridy had it too.

People talking about the stunt in the shed. Has this been confirmed or are people drawing their own conclusions on here? Genuine question, was she caught out?

Blanco100 wrote: »
    People talking about the stunt in the shed. Has this been confirmed or are people drawing their own conclusions on here? Genuine question, was she caught out?

It doesn't matter if she tested positive or not IMO.......... "Byrne is self-isolating after developing cold-like symptoms, as per new HSE guidelines"

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/claire-byrne-live-from-her-shed-was-low-key-terrifying-or-maybe-just-terrifying-terrifying-1.4205029

I don't see what the stunt was tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Augeo wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if she tested positive or not IMO.......... "Byrne is self-isolating after developing cold-like symptoms, as per new HSE guidelines"

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/claire-byrne-live-from-her-shed-was-low-key-terrifying-or-maybe-just-terrifying-terrifying-1.4205029

I don't see what the stunt was tbh.

I thought it was remarkable that she managed to develop Covid-like symptoms and end up self isolating in a pretend back garden shed - within 2-3 weeks of the pandemic hitting Ireland.

Not only is she a guttersnipe vulture journalist she also manages to extoll fake virtue at every step in turn.

She was clearly sitting in a Sauna. They could have at least splattered a few make shift unbalanced shelves behind her head, filled with rusty old nails and a can of Son of A Gun.

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I think the "stunt" in the "shed" opened a lot of people's eyes and made them revisit their opinion on her. That really was a pathetic stunt and it will follow her around for the rest of her career.

As someone who works in a hospital I can tell you at the time we couldn't get tests for our front line doctors and nurses. Yet, remarkably, Ciara Kelly, Tubs, and Claire Byrne all managed to get tested - all 3 of whom are represented by Noel Kelly by the way but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.:rolleyes: There were more than a few eyebrows raised when the news of all 3 of these giants of broadcasting managed to get a test at a time when the country's healthcare workers couldn't................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Follow her around for rest of her career? Has it been reported on elsewhere (other than boards) that it was a stunt? Otherwise I'm not sure how she would be losing any sleep over it.

I completely agree with the sentiment by the way, shes mad for a scoop and her show is an example of how things have been dumbed down on TV over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I don’t get the backlash on Claire. She said she tested positive so she decided to do the show from the shed, hence the program drew attention to the new working from home concept as well as the virus. I don’t think she was living in the shed for the 2 weeks, she only filmed the show from there, same as Ciara Kelly did from her wardrobe!!
    Now the quality of the show compared to before and the frontline, that’s another matter altogether. The show has been trash since start of Corona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Follow her around for rest of her career? Has it been reported on elsewhere (other than boards) that it was a stunt? Otherwise I'm not sure how she would be losing any sleep over it.

I completely agree with the sentiment by the way, shes mad for a scoop and her show is an example of how things have been dumbed down on TV over the years

I think it's just a Boards thing.

Doesn't ring true with me, the idea that someone would think it a good idea to falsely claim to have Covid.

If you got caught it could finish your career.

Some say the same about Ryan Tubridy and Ciara Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

I feel a mock-up coming on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

New set tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,327 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

New intro graphics too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Is Adam Harris related to Simon Harris ?

He has to be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭giveitholly

IAMAMORON wrote: »

He has to be ?

Brothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭KaneToad

IAMAMORON wrote: »

He has to be ?

He's his brother. Thought that was widely known!

M

Next craze will be the Covid diet.

Covid diet. Errrrr No thanks :pac:

That was some wild ride Sean had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Long COVID

Long COVID story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

sully123 wrote: »
    I feel a mock-up coming on.

She had a briquette on the desk...is she going to light a fire?

Put it in a sock and swing it at anyone who doesn't give a straight answer.

M

If you can get Covid from 20 minutes in a supermarket I should have had it some time back in March and every month since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The peat briquettes are probably an art installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I love the Bord na Mona ad. Sit back and relax by an open fire and make a dirty phone call.

I like a very occasional drop of peated whisky from Islay, but I like my bog walks in the restored peat lands of Kildare and Offaly.

For the true experience they should half left a few thousand lumps of wet turf on the studio floor and we could watch Claire turning it, stacking it and bagging it.

Add strong sun, pissing rain or a stuck tractor & trailer as desired.

"We're a bog superpower" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Another dose of dia Dora from madonkey.

They are fantastic & beautiful amenities, made sure to stop overnight in the Midlands on my summer staycation west to enjoy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Oops!

For the true experience they should half left a few thousand lumps of wet turf on the studio floor and we could watch Claire turning it, stacking it and bagging it.

Add strong sun, pissing rain or a stuck tractor & trailer as desired.

"We're a bog superpower" :pac:

In those leather trousers and a sweaty vest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Seamus Heaney ate turf for breakfast. Shur it's part of our culture. The Americans have paresis but we have our boglands. How romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Covid diet. Errrrr No thanks :pac:

That was some wild ride Sean had.

That story about sean boylans.covid experience was lame...

He didn't eat for a number of days and lost weight. ...that happens anytime people get sick...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Tis a lot she knows about turf alright.

Advertisement