Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Oops! wrote: »
    In those leather trousers and a sweaty vest.

I'd happily peel them off her like a orange

The remote working has destroyed our teamwork. I don't like it at all.

I agree with her on the younger workers. Iv had to train a few young lads and its nearly impossible to know how they really feel about things over a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,327 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Who was the childs father or will that question be asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Simon Harris for Taoiseach, his brother Adam fir minister of education, and his cat Tomtom for minister of health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Brutal stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,568 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The report heaped abuse on abuse by saying there were no forced adoptions, abuse or lethal neglect.
    These brave women shouldn't have to appear on these shows to reveal the truth.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Best thing about remote working is getting to go back to bed for 2hrs after starting work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Who decided to put the supermarket in after that woman’s powerful interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Horrific account that. Stephen King couldn't make that up. Fair play to Sheila for being so eloquent.

M

Had to laugh when I saw today that waiting for 5 hours to clear customs in Dublin Port was seen as a good thing...
    As an example, Talbot said that of 26 trucks held in Terminal 11 this morning, and no driver was there for longer than five hours. He said that there have been cases of drivers being delayed for 24 hours, but this has only happened in one, two or three cases.

https://www.thejournal.ie/volume-of-trucks-arriving-in-ireland-lower-than-expected-5328346-Jan2021/

• Advertisement

Good god. That woman deserved better than being stuffed in between the end of briquettes and the shortage of chocolate digestives.

Good god. That woman deserved better than being stuffed in between the end of briquettes and the shortage of chocolate digestives.

Yes I agree. You'd think there would have been some follow up discussion about it. It just all seemed snuck in there between all the other important issues.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yes I agree. You'd think there would have been some follow up discussion about it.

Exactly. We just bounced in to the next thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yes I agree. You'd think there would have been some follow up discussion about it. It just all seemed snuck in there between all the other important issues.

She actually hurried her up so she could get to her Barbie shop segment.

The setup in the 'supermarket' was like what happens to me in Aldi when I'm behind someone at the till who hasn't a clue how the system works and leaves everything piled up while they go rooting for their money.

She actually hurried her up so she could get to her Barbie shop segment.

I thought Claire's "We hear you" comment was a bit lame. We hear you, next subject coming up after the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

If you can get Covid from 20 minutes in a supermarket I should have had it some time back in March and every month since.

'can', not 'will, 100%, every time'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There was complaints about Byrne cutting her off to talk about broccoli shortages on Twitter last night as well.
    https://evoke.ie/2021/01/19/showbiz/tv/claire-byrne-live-viewers-annoyed-mother-and-baby-home-survivor-is-cut-off-for-supermarket-segment

During the interivew the woman Sheila said when she was in a bath a nun pushed her head under water, ie to drown her but Byrne didnt ask any follow up question to this, she just straight moved on. It was all very rushed so she would have enough time to to talk about broccoli and chocolate biscuits. It showed the farce that the show can be at times lurching from one topic to another but serving none adequately.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Hopefully we'll be singing Dustins song

shes got the same leather;0) cacks on for 10days now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Feel the Byrne

8DAvKee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Can anyone point out that there are some big differences between Ireland and New Zealand?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Lock it down Leo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

That man is the real Taoiseach

M

The UK variant didn't arrive here by UPS, it was international travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Hitchens wrote: »

In his dreams...and the public’s nightmares.

Can anyone point out that there are some big differences between Ireland and New Zealand?

Yea, big difference New Zealand is neighbors with Antarctica , While we are neighbors with UK and Europe

The UK variant didn't arrive here by UPS, it was international travel.

So much freight travel, trucks, vans, so busy before Xmas, thousands of people coming from UK and driving all over Ireland making deliveries and interacting with people in their essential jobs to keep the shelves full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Hitchens wrote: »

A muppet of the highest order.

M

So much freight travel, trucks, vans, so busy before Xmas, thousands of people coming from UK and driving all over Ireland making deliveries and interacting with people in their essential jobs to keep the shelves full.

Belmullet told us though that it was people visiting their homeland from UK and infecting thousands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Claire loves this fcuking virus

• Advertisement

Belmullet told us though that it was people visiting their homeland from UK and infecting thousands.

I dunno, I can imagine so many cases from the uk comes with freight and the drivers.

Advertisement