Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,327 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Zero Covid is impossible for Ireland unless you had curfew and zero travel in to and out of the country for 2 months, then when you reached utopia all it would take is one person to arrive here infected and you are back to square one.

M

I dunno, I can imagine so many cases from the uk comes with freight and the drivers.

Yes you will have the odd case but it's not like the driver is coming in and visiting 20 of their relatives indoors and then going down the pub for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Zero Covid by Late march, if we believe hard enough...

Belmullet told us though that it was people visiting their homeland from UK and infecting thousands.

And going to some hostelry in town for a few close-up hoolies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

The realization that zero Covid is the only way out is finally dawning on people. Pity it took so many deaths and businesses going to the wall as well as children missing valuable education for them to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Even if we got to zero surely with travel we’d be back to panic stations after a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Zero Covid is impossible for Ireland unless you had curfew and zero travel in to and out of the country for 2 months, then when you reached utopia all it would take is one person to arrive here infected and you are back to square one.

Or have strict policy of having a negative test, or vaccination cert on arrival, plus 14 day quarantine regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Here’s this wanker Ryan now

M

Could we build a factory here to manufacure the vaccine for the drugs companies? Stick 10,000 men working on it, lash it up, away you go, it might cost €2billion, cheaper than current approach of kicking the can down the road as we are now.

Even if we got to zero surely with travel we’d be back to panic stations after a week

The *hope* is with increasing vaccine levels the impact will eventually greatly lessen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Completely wrong and you know it.

It's inevitable now and you are failing to read the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Tomas Ryan is right. If we're not able to achieve it, it says something about us as a nation.

M

Or have strict policy of having a negative test, or vaccination cert on arrival, plus 14 day quarantine regardless.

Vaccination only gives safety to the visitor, they can still carry the virus and infect those living here. They would need to be all tested and quarantined, not sure how many hotel rooms that would need a week, possibly 20k.

This lad has it all worked out ...

Could we build a factory here to manufacure the vaccine for the drugs companies? Stick 10,000 men working on it, lash it up, away you go, it might cost €2billion, cheaper than current approach of kicking the can down the road as we are now.

I think it takes very highly trained people, and we can't send the local idle "whackers" to run it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

This guy is dead right.
    He's no fool.

And as usual, the Irish government, being slow learners, will slowly learn the same.

Zero Covid doesn't mean eradication.
    It means if a few cases pop up, aggressive contact tracing etc as he said.

Why is she in Vietnam in the height of a pandemic ?

At least the food in Vietnam is delicious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Is this one on holidays or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Why is she in Vietnam in the height of a pandemic ?

In fairness she has a far less chance of contracting the disease there than over here.

• Advertisement
    M

Completely wrong and you know it.

It's inevitable now and you are failing to read the room.

Zero covid isn't an approach that can work here without police state style controls, people will not agree to that here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,738 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This guy is dead right.
    He's no fool.

And as usual, the Irish government, being slow learners, will slowly learn the same.

Zero Covid doesn't mean eradication.
    It means if a few cases pop up, aggressive contact tracing etc as he said.

The government should get people like him in to give them expert advice....oh wait! :(

I remember breakfast in Saigon; anything you want from steak, to noodles, to fruits, to bacon & very nice eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Here’s this wanker Ryan now

I think he is the most entertaining of all these experts. And he has stuck to his same story from the start. I like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think we'd all like a Swedish Model

1558663229-Swedish-model-Elsa-Hosk-.jpg

M

I remember breakfast in Saigon; anything you want from steak, to noodles, to fruits, to bacon & very nice eggs.

It's getting to a stage now that I'd love to even take a day trip to Holyhead :D

Zero covid isn't an approach that can work here without police state style controls, people will not agree to that here.

Those of us who fill those polls will :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I think he is the most entertaining of all these experts. And he has stuck to his same story from the start. I like him.

He foresaw the ****show that was last Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Claire: Are Sinn Fein in favour of a zero Covid strategy.
    Matt Carry: we are in favour of suppressing the virus.

Sinn Fein. Saying **** all since 1916.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

bigroad wrote: »
    Is this one on holidays or something.

Work that she does there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement