Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

Worst will be if nordies are all vaccinated long before us and then swan down here for their holliers to infect us.

Hopefully if they are all vaccinated they won't be catching it themselves and spreading it to us :)
    Even the orange folk might be spending their Sterling here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,326 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully if they are all vaccines aged they won't be catching it themselves and spreading it to us :)

Brexit has them seperated from "the mainland", was watching Question Time last week, a lot of anger around how things have gone.

12th July might have them wearing masks this year, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Shes fit as f*ck. Id gladly push her buttons. :P

Dont like her as a politician though

She looks like someone famous..is it Gillian Anderson or someone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Here we go now masks and a big shout out to the designer who made one for presedent bidens wife.
    It was equal to curing cancer as far as RTE are concerned.

Brexit has them seperated from "the mainland", was watching Question Time last week, a lot of anger around how things have gone.

12th July might have them wearing masks this year, lol.

We might have a few Orange marches down in Kerry and some tyre towers built around Dublin with the willing assistance of de salt a' d'eerts.

• Advertisement
    M

bigroad wrote: »
    Here we go now masks and a big shout out to the designer who made one for presedent bidens wife.
    It was equal to curing cancer as far as RTE are concerned.

I see Austria are making surgical grade masks compulsory, all fine if you can source them at a reasonable price...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0125/1191810-world-covid-19/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭nc6000

Hopefully if they are all vaccinated they won't be catching it themselves and spreading it to us :)

It hasn't been ruled out that you can still spread Covid even if you've been vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

..... and more fluff...

How to put on a mask.

After we have been doing it for 10 months.

M

We have gone full circle on the masks, back a few months ago the homemade cotton was fine.

I use a dust mask ,a box of fifty for a few quid.
    Does the job grand.

• Advertisement

You can actually get away with reusing those masks once, if you put them in the hot wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

NIMAN wrote: »
    ..... and more fluff...

How to put on a mask.

And we still can't do it right.

Maradona had a mask with a valve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't really think that that Dr driving more than 5km to be on the show tonight was absolutely necessary.

She should be fined.

Arduach wrote: »
    Maradona had a mask with a valve.

The valve was for pouring in the white powder.

I don't really think that that Dr driving more than 5km to be on the show tonight was absolutely necessary.

She should be fined.

The word fine came to my mind too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

Covid Claire strikes again, this one trick pony of a show is turning into a snore fest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK2_v3_0ak2F7LVw-XiUcVuyW36XER_EKNQg&usqp=CAU

And we still can't do it right.

The mask hanging beneath the nose. I want to slap anyone i see wearing it that way.

I went into see my mother in her nursing home about last june. First time wearing a mask. The nurse said to me, "Em, an unorthodox way of wearing a mask". I said why? She said well, its inside out and upside down.

We laugh about it now.

M

She should be fined.

I can't understand either RTE and Virgin reporters going outside HSE headquarters to do reports just for the sake of being there with nobody to actually interview, each morning Virgin do one absolutely no need.

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    It hasn't been ruled out that you can still spread Covid even if you've been vaccinated.

Yeah, but *hopefully* you are less likely to catch a major high-level shedding dose if the virus can't do its thing as easily, so I do believe it will probably make some difference. At least some of the vaccines will. Ultimately the cocktail we will have had next year or so will likely combat the worst of it. I live in hope.

I can't understand either RTE and Virgin reporters going outside HSE headquarters to do reports just for the sake of being there with nobody to actually interview, each morning Virgin do one absolutely no need.

That's what Prof Crowne keeps saying on Twitter, that RTE shouldn't be dragging people into studio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Zero covid isn't an approach that can work here without police state style controls, people will not agree to that here.

People will agree to it if it means a return to a degree of normality. Tell someone they can go to the pub and have a few drinks with their friends or go out with their elderly parents for dinner in a nice restaurant and they won't give a hoot about a police state or a locked down border.

I've never understood why they do reports outside the Dail or the Four Courts, with buses rolling past, and skangers roaring abuse.

Did they really need to send Theresa Mannion out to salthill in Galway when we had that very bad storm? "Don't make unnecessary journeys", she said. Er...

Zero covid isn't an approach that can work here without police state style controls, people will not agree to that here.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

Most people already want to take the Zero COVID approach and believe we should have been doing it for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The mask hanging beneath the nose. I want to slap anyone i see wearing it that way.

I went into see my mother in her nursing home about last june. First time wearing a mask. The nurse said to me, "Em, an unorthodox way of wearing a mask". I said why? She said well, its inside out and upside down.

We laugh about it now.

Lol I have done that too. In fact I put my mask on today upside down by mistake.

Me too and believe me I have come close to doing it a few times.
    Also there is one fat bitch who wears a screen and thinks she is great. There Is absolutely nothing wrong with her. I can not wait to tell her what a selfish fat bitch she is and to go watch tonight's Claire Byrne show she might learn something.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Eh that blue mask is the best one. I wear that one. Got a couple of cotton two layers ones but there are useless and do not stay up like she said.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

AMKC wrote: »
    Lol I have done that too. In fact I put my mask on today upside down by mistake.

Me too and believe me I have come close to doing it a few times.
    Also there is one fat bitch who wears a screen and thinks she is great. There Is absolutely nothing wrong with her. I can not wait to tell her what a selfish fat bitch she is and to go watch tonight's Claire Byrne show she might learn something.
    I saw an even better "screen" the other day, a woman wearing a little tiny screen over her mouth. As useful as a porous condom.

Back in March I went on holiday with a potential future Mrs Denartha. I lefIt Dublin on March 4th. Then, Covid was a thing, but not a crisis yet. I came back on the 12th and got a text from my boss saying, we are working from home for now. Swung by the office, picked up my laptop and went home.

Future maybe Mrs Denartha got on a plane back to her home city of Shanghai. On landing, she was put in a bus, brought to a hotel and told to stay there for 2 weeks. Once she got out, she was sent a bill. It had gotten serious enough in Shanghai to enforce some rules in the 8 days she'd been away.

On Friday, Shanghai confirmed 6 new cases, and put the city, population 24 Million people on limited lockdown. On Friday, Ireland, population 5 Million confirmed 1700 cases.

Now Im as sick of restrictions as the next person, but a more severe lockdown is required and now.

But we all know, laws here don't get enforced.

This pandemic has taught me two things. The gardai have no power and state education is really just state subsidized child minding.

• Advertisement

..... and more fluff...

How to put on a mask.

that dr fauci bollox in the states, now saying wearing two mask is better. same ****er said last years masks were not effective.

I feel at this stage we are being punked:(

Only winners of all this now, will be the very wealthy buying up all the old business's and property that the rest of us can no longer afford.

Advertisement