Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I thought he was right about Jack Charlton yes. The rest was just bluster.

And Harris can so easily remember those heady days of Irish football... He was wasn't even 2 years old during Euro '88 and he was the grand old age of 3½ during Italia '90. Such an ignorant arrogant little twerp. Let's hope he did some major damage to his re-election prospects after last night's performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

And Harris can so easily remember those heady days of Irish football... He was wasn't even 2 years old during Euro '88 and he was the grand old age of 3½ during Italia '90. Such an ignorant arrogant little twerp. Let's hope he did some major damage to his re-election prospects after last night's performance.

His point was spot on though. Dunphy has been criticising success just for the sake of being controversial for years.

Interesting how the people criticising Harris can't get further than the "prick", "arrogant" and "twerp" comments in terms of why they dislike him.

What specifically in terms of what Harris was saying about France not being an amazing place to live was wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mezcita wrote: »
    Interesting how the people criticising Harris can't get further than the "prick", "arrogant" and "twerp" comments in terms of why they dislike him.

His ignorance stems from the fact that he knows nothing about the everyday struggles of ordinary people. He's a career politician. He lives in a cosseted world. He comes from a comfortable middle class background. He's got very little experience of real life.

His arrogance is self-evident. He seemed to be under the impression that he alone could dictate the content of last night's debate, at times usurping Claire Byrne's role as moderator.

His twerpiness is also self-evident.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Corholio wrote: »
    Selective figures.

VERYYYY selective figures.

Maybe but they were still more convincing than anything Dunphy said.

His arrogance is self-evident. He seemed to be under the impression that he alone could dictate the content of last night's debate, at times usurping Claire Byrne's role as moderator.

Just like Dunphy and Murphy tried to overrule Byrne?

I don't it matters where he comes from either when he can back up his opinion like he did last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

rising_damp_rigsby_2.jpg
    +

PA-3878439-390x285.jpg

=

simon-harris-5-630x358.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Yiikes wrote: »
    Is Eamonn Dunphy married to someone in RTE or something. He sounds like a big mouthed idiot. How they allow him on a current affairs show makes little sense to me.. He should be kicked out the door of RTE so we can be done with him

Not sure if serious but yes, his wife is the Commissioning Editor, Drama at RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

His ignorance stems from the fact that he knows nothing about the everyday struggles of ordinary people. He's a career politician. He lives in a cosseted world. He comes from a comfortable middle class background. He's got very little experience of real life.

I'll admit that I only heard about Harris for the first time yesterday but the suggestion that he knows nothing about the struggles of everyday people is a bit mad considering he was elected onto Wicklow County Council with the highest percentage vote of any county councillor in Ireland. (Wiki). I mean, he must have been doing something right to get that type of support and to subsequently get elected as a TD.

How you know he lives in a cosseted world is beyond me. Equally his background is irrelevant. I don't like Paul Murphy, not because he went to a private school but because I don't agree with his politics. Where he went to school, lives or who is da is has nothing to do with what whether I'd vote for him or not.

All of them with the exception of Murphy were interrupting constantly. If anything it's up to Claire Byrne to actually moderate the debate. Fact is though, that he was speaking an awful lot more factual sense compared to Dunphy and his bar stool pontificating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yiikes

evilivor wrote: »
    Not sure if serious but yes, his wife is the Commissioning Editor, Drama at RTE.

...... speechless. Id laugh but Im more annoyed.

I knew some strings had to have been pulled somewhere to get him a job on current affairs show. He should be made seat the Leaving Certs economics test before hes allowed watch the show never mind participate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yiikes

Say any of those things about poor Paul Murphy and people lose their sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Thread needs more screen caps of Byrne in those tights

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Thread needs more screen caps of Byrne in those tights

I didn't see the show. Pls...

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I didn't see the show. Pls...

Jaysus. You missed out man

Jaysus. You missed out man

Popped it up on the player. My god..

SCREEN CAPS LADS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The weirdo at the back of you man.

Which guy? Just watching it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

**** that green jacket.

Claire looking ridey again. Great hair tonight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Mary Lou answering a question she wasn't asked

Leo is my favourite politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Is it possible to ever turn on a TV or radio these days without having Ciara Kelly on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Leo is my favourite politician.

There isn't much competition :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

Poor program, never thought I would like to have Pat Kenny back, Claire is poor enough,
    With regard to Leo, is he not all talk no action?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭fire_man

Sick of Ciara Kelly at this stage.

nagel wrote: »
    Poor program, never thought I would like to have Pat Kenny back, Claire is poor enough,
    With regard to Leo, is he not all talk no action?

I like this program actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Gas stuff from Mary Lou, the government brought child benefit back up €5 per month an it's mocked as derisory pittance. I tell you now if they had cut €5 a month it would be a huge political football, uproar about poor families that can't cope

Personally I favour tax breaks for people who work, why would unemployed people need to avail of childcare?

Revenue will be on to this lad in the morning for Benefit In Kind.

Leo has such an excellent manner in speaking. He really should give lessons... He comes across as sincere, direct, honest, empathetic... just an excellent media performer.. When you think about it Fine Gael should have had HIM giving media training to Gay Mitchell when he was running for President, not Terry Prone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Leo has such an excellent manner in speaking. He really should give lessons... He comes across as sincere, direct, honest, empathetic... just an excellent media performer..

Next Taoiseach? I wonder could the spin doctors withdraw him from public debate like they do Enda, after such constant appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

When you think about it Fine Gael should have had HIM giving media training to Gay Mitchell when he was running for President, not Terry Prone....

Terry Prone could do with lessons from his as well tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Fair play to Denis Hickey
    Extremely well-spoken guy.

Advertisement