Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Bring back Questions & Answers or the frontline...

Jesus, Claire Byrne has turned into a disaster....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

Is it cos she's a woman and she's attractive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I think RTE should move CB Live to Friday night and have it on instead of The Late Late Show.

It's much lighter, with lots of silly banter and nonsense, ideal for the weekend, and Tubs could buzz off with his death and cancer.

I know it used be a current affairs programme once upon a time, but this new version is great gas. I think it would be a big weekend hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Big changes since Pat Kenny and the Frontline.

Every show Claire Byrne touches it seems to go downhill at a fast rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Hmob wrote: »
    Is it cos she's a woman and she's attractive

I think she is very capable...

...i just think she is trying out for the late late show or some sh1t....to be honest her tv show has been brutal for years

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Comhra wrote: »
    I think RTE should move CB Live to Friday night and have it on instead of The Late Late Show.

It's much lighter, with lots of silly banter and nonsense, ideal for the weekend, and Tubs could buzz off with his death and cancer.

I know it used be a current affairs programme once upon a time, but this new version is great gas. I think it would be a big weekend hit.

It's a bit odd when there is more silliness, stunts and props used on a current affairs show than on a light entertainment chat show. And the light entertainment show has a weekly segment devoted almost exclusively to human suffering and misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Between this and the LLS , I don't know how anyone can watch this crap unless they have a sadistic leaning.

I think it's gas too, would find it very light and anti-miserable going into the weekend. Definitely should replace LLS, but I think maybe she is working in this as a project whilst watching the miseryfest that is now LLS from another studio. She has her own set of accidental comedians on board, including Luke O'Neill. Gives me a laugh anyway. Ryan could instead do her time-slot and call it Misery on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

[QUOTE=Deleted User;116214800 Ryan could instead do her time-slot and call it Misery on Monday[/QUOTE]

I'd say Tubs wouldn't mind filling Claire's slot alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I hope they left Luke O Neill in that bubble. Never let him out and put him in some backroom never to annoy us ever again. I am sick of his smug face.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    I hope they left Luke O Neill in that bubble. Never let him out and put him in some backroom never to annoy us ever again. I am sick of his smug face.

I think the same could apply to Bernard O'Shea, and I'd have those bubbles sound-proofed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Agree. Questions and answers should be brought back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The Q&A format could be tweaked for these Covid times.

I'm thinking audience asking questions on Zoom and socially distanced panel in studio.

I'd watch it.

Sean O'Rourke would be an ideal host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think she is very capable...

...i just think she is trying out for the late late show or some sh1t....to be honest her tv show has been brutal for years

She would be ideal for a chat show like the Late Late I think and put that long string of misery and gloom on a current affairs programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think the same could apply to Bernard O'Shea, and I'd have those bubbles sound-proofed too.

I agree totally.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

elperello wrote: »
    The Q&A format could be tweaked for these Covid times.

I'm thinking audience asking questions on Zoom and socially distanced panel in studio.

I'd watch it.

Sean O'Rourke would be an ideal host.

Q&A should come back but not with Sean O'Rourke. It's not appropriate that the guy expected to hold power to account goes out and plays golf with them afterwards.

Acosta wrote: »
    Q&A should come back but not with Sean O'Rourke. It's not appropriate that the guy expected to hold power to account goes out and plays golf with them afterwards.

I don't think Golfgate should preclude SOR from interviewing people he may have met socially.

I always rated him as a total pro when he was interviewing, and he had few peers at his job. I believe he's professional enough not to let any social interaction with potential interviewees get in the way of him asking hard questions.

God knows, Irish TV and radio needs people of his calibre badly at present. I'd love to see or hear him back on the airwaves again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Any room for Katherine Thomas in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Hmob

I don't think Golfgate should preclude SOR from interviewing people he may have met socially.

I always rated him as a total pro when he was interviewing, and he had few peers at his job. I believe he's professional enough not to let any social interaction with potential interviewees get in the way of him asking hard questions.

God knows, Irish TV and radio needs people of his calibre badly at present. I'd love to see or hear him back on the airwaves again.
    John Bowman's boots are not easily filled if at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I like to watch Sophy Ridge on Sky News on Sunday mornings. We have nobody remotely as capable as her in our media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Acosta wrote: »

I take your point but SO'R was a private citizen and a retiree when he was invited to play in a golf tournament and attend a meal neither of which he had any part in organising.

Also the format of Q&A requires a good moderator rather than a forensic interviewer. The questions are asked by members of the public.

I don't think SO'R is the only person for the job but he would be good at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Pat Kenny would be ideal for a Q&A type current affairs show but of course his ship from RTE has sailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Claire

'' it must be massive''

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Fr Stone has more charisma than this lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I hope they aren't paying for his personality

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Claire’s loving Matty but trying to get talk out of him is painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

They aren't following this lad for his intelligent conversation. There's not much going on upstairs so there must be something going on downstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

This buck on the onlyfans... Like a hairy Father Stone. "So how's everything???... Fine..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

What do you do!

Goto spare bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,325 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lots of filthy oulwans trying to meet up with him I'd say.

Advertisement