Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

We have 'peace walls' in the IFSC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Claire is looking very well tonight

She does, think she's sporting a new look. Suits her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

trashcan wrote: »
    Would she have been as quick to shut off someone slagging off Gerry Adams for example .?

Gregory Campbell slagged off Gerry Adams...no probs Gregory, you work away! :) Bruton had a pop at Mary Lou and SF, not there to defend themselves...no probs John, you work away there. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Bruton talking nonsense. If 50% +1 is enough to keep the status quo then it's enough to reunite. And he talks about stability, does he not realise that it takes 1% to destabilize a situation?

But his point was that 50%+1 isn’t enough keep the status quo, that neither losing side would accept it so it’s be best to wait until a much more decisive outcome is guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gregory Campbell slagged off Gerry Adams...no probs Gregory, you work away! :) Bruton had a pop at Mary Lou and SF, not there to defend themselves...no probs John, you work away there. :)

I think the “slagging” was a wee bit different as regards its context and detail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

'brits out' - An Taoiseach, Micheal Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I couldn't see a sustained terror campaign in the modern social media world, it wouldn't be accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ah here now.

Brolly went full personal rant firing all sorts of accusations out.

Totally different and you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

How is it nonsense? So what do you propose, 70/30? How is that fair? The Good Friday agreement was written by much better minds than you or I and they got it right.

The status quo, as you like to call it, right now, is peace.
    Enforcing a UI on the back of a 1% majority vote would lead to a bloodbath. Let's be real about that. You have been given a perfect illustration with the mindset of Gregory Campbell and there are plenty more like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If the vote was passed they would need to decommission their Sterling notes, lol.

NEVER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Martins hair is the biggest talking point here. There’s no hair where it’s needed and a clatter of it where it’s not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Cushtie

It's all about Michael.... I I I
    Twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

How? He's just strongly arguing for the status quo. I'd like for him to set out the exact conditions he feels need to be in place for reunification.

I don’t think there will be exact conditions.
    He is worried about a return to violence if this is done the wrong way or too hastily.
    I don’t know how that is nonsense.
    Do you remember the bombs etc reported on the news back in the day? I never want to see that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

CB is putting the buttons on that jacket under a lot of stress!

smurgen wrote: »

What does that add to the show and discussion?

We all know what he's like, we didn't need Joe Brolly ranting live on air to tell us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Smee_Again wrote: »
    But his point was that 50%+1 isn’t enough keep the status quo, that neither losing side would accept it so it’s be best to wait until a much more decisive outcome is guaranteed.

But that is completely unfair and he knows that. His mindset is to prevent a poll from happening altogether. If he believed what he said he would be advocating for a poll now to get an understanding of how people feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,718 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ah here now.

Brolly went full personal rant firing all sorts of accusations out.

Totally different and you know it.

Everything on the PUBLIC record JJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭HBC08

Yintang wrote: »
    Claire has a very fresh hair colour tonight. Home job or sly salon stylist visit??

Leo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭forumdedum

CB is putting the buttons on that jacket under a lot of stress!

She has an effect on my buttons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What does that add to the show and discussion?

We all know what he's like, we didn't need Joe Brolly ranting live in air to tell us.
    Of course it has to be referenced. We'd be uniting with a bunch of homophobes. All of that needs to be taken into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,393 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Michael's tie coordinates nicely with Claire's outfit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I don’t think there will be exact conditions.
    He is worried about a return to violence if this is done the wrong way or too hastily.
    I don’t know how that is nonsense.
    Do you remember the bombs etc reported on the news back in the day? I never want to see that again.

Nobody wants to see that again but you cannot have the threat of violence holding democracy hostage. If we give in to threats of violence then we may as well just give up altogether.

Everything on the PUBLIC record JJ.

Why do you want the debate to turn into a slagging match?

That gets us nowhere and just shows how a UI will probably never work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Micheal Martin talks a lot without saying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Decent show, good debate

Of course it has to be referenced. We'd be uniting with a bunch of homophobes. All of that needs to be taken into account.

Well it would certainly put a lot of people off that idea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The bickering over the Joe Brolly thing is a perfect example of how easily distracted from the kernel of discussion people are. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

WHAT ARE ADVERTIZZMENTS

• Advertisement

The bickering over the Joe Brolly thing is a perfect example of how easily distracted from the kernel of discussion people are. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Advertisement