Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This is the lowest common denominator form of TV, right down to the fake facial expressions of outrage from Byrne.

RTE has already covered this domain with that windbag Duffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I wonder how your man feels about making his serious points, flanked by a baguette, some fruit and cans of beer?

Regulating people's use of toilets is always problematic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

There's a contrast between the two blonde ladies. One looks more blonde than the other.......

ergo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

lawred2 wrote: »
    There's a stink of an agenda off this show. Desperate to paint the grimmest picture.

There's only two things that should be discussed, the progress on the rollout and reducing restrictions based on the rollout.

This is like something from last year.

Bizarre how relatively trivial this stuff is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

What is up with these ridiculous props, dining out al fresco in the studio with a rake of cans. RTÉ are taking the piss and then some, tra la la let's mock a sector in the doldrums. Imagine being a hospitality worker stuck at home for months on end and looking at that, the steam must be rising off them. Our national broadcaster is a cringeworthy embarrassment.

Paula Fisch coming up with the weather in a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Cole

mgn wrote: »
    Agreed, but I just don't understand why Eddie is getting so worked up about it, what's in it for him?

Maybe just publicly vent...get it off his chest. All I get to do is shout at the TV/radio when she preaches to everyone.

...and contribute to Boards of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Next up....DEATH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

jay0109 wrote: »
    Next up....DEATH

Tubridy playbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

"Let's look forward to a nice outdoor summer".

Shove off, I'll be taking my pint inside when it rains.

It was a weird signoff given the lengthy attempts to paint a picture where the outside was nearly as bad as inside

• Advertisement

Next up....DEATH

À la Liveline & LLS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

There's a contrast between the two blonde ladies. One looks more blonde than the other.......

ergo?

One uses purple shampoo and the other doesn’t ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

This show is becoming unwatchable.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Did this show used to be like Prime Time?
    (Or did I make that up)?

Next up....DEATH

This guy thats on about his father passing over....hes supposed to be a comedian?????? I never find him funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

This is sad.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    (Or did I make that up)?

Yes it was. I know...it seems like a dream.

Like my father... major stroke aged 65 due to cigarettes, lasted to 79.

Terrible show...but the stroke thing is real and useful info. My father had a series of mini strokes...fully recovered thank God. But I told him to watch this as a reminder to keep on his toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭StevenToast

jojofizzio wrote: »
    (Or did I make that up)?

Prime Time is putrid...claire byrne has been muck for a long time....

Bring back Today Tonight with Brian Farrell and Questions and Answers with John Bowman......

I know Farrell is dead, but his corpse would still be preferable to miriam sleepwalking to her 250k salary....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Cole wrote: »
    Maybe just publicly vent...get it off his chest. All I get to do is shout at the TV/radio when she preaches to everyone.

...and contribute to Boards of course.

Boy Barrett over on the Tonight show now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Bring back questions and answers and scrap this amateurish rubbish

Bring back Today Tonight with Brian Farrell and Questions and Answers with John Bowman......

I know Farrell is dead, but his corpse would still be preferable to miriam sleepwalking to her 250k salary....

Which reminds me of the time I saw Brian Farrell in the vets some time back in the 70s with his son's cat. The vet was delayed due to an emergency road accident victim having been brought in and arrived into waiting room bloodied, announcing he was detained for a while. Brian Farrrll was getting very edgy as Today Tonight was due to be showing in 2 hours. He looked very giggled on the TV as he barely made it back to studio, probably still with cat in the box beside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Pussyhands wrote: »
    The door of the portaloo opens and there's Eddie standing on the jacks shagging Brid Smith

Jeez you would want to very desperate to be shagging her. I met her once and did not like her one bit. She is a stuck up self centred cow.
    There to look after herself and that is it. Does not give one fu-ck about anyone else.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Not only is Brian Farrell being dead a problem but you would also have to change his gender to get the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lmkrnr

Watching on +1, Eddie is some gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

What is up with these ridiculous props, dining out al fresco in the studio with a rake of cans. RTÉ are taking the piss and then some, tra la la let's mock a sector in the doldrums. Imagine being a hospitality worker stuck at home for months on end and looking at that, the steam must be rising off them. Our national broadcaster is a cringeworthy embarrassment.

Do you need a hand removing that massive chip from your shoulder? Then again you do have a long track record of posting similar bitter comments on various forums on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭fire_man

Terrible tonight.Frontline was decent with Pat Kenny.The viewers must be way down in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Hamachi wrote: »
    Loved watching the sour puss on Brid Smith when the opinion poll showed that 91% of respondents disagreed with her.

An utter fish wife.

Brid coming over as a gobs*&#e to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Do you need a hand removing that massive chip from your shoulder? Then again you do have a long track record of posting similar bitter comments on various forums on this site.

Got to say I agree with the poster this time Claire Byrne is a joke we have had mock up aircraft, bars, hospital ICU, last nights rubbish and ones I forget, it must cost a lot of taxpayers money to set these things up when they could sit around a table and discuss what they on about, it makes us look like fools that we have to see these set ups its embarrassing at this stage.

Advertisement