Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

He's was pretty f***ing methodical about what he did.

He changed the will so that should his daughter conveniently not live past a certain age her inheritance would be diverted to his original family and not his wife. He wrote a letter detailing why he killed their daughter, because he wouldn't let her be raised by a stepfather, that he was taking her away with him to heaven.
    And according to the mother of the child he was controlling and mentally abusive. What he did was premeditated and evil, and he's exactly where he should be. Unfortunately he took the poor child with him.

Perhaps the professionals know better than I, but somehow I think the will to live is so strong in us that it must be extremely difficult to take one’s own life. I think a balanced person would not have the courage to do it. Only someone whose compass in the world is completely haywire, adrift from reality, could go through with it.

The man was mentally ill. He lived in terror of what his future held. Doubtless his wife did too, but she was a lot younger, and could see her future, a good future, ahead of her and her daughter.
    Look I just think in these cases where children are murdered by a parent who then commits suicide, they are all to be pitied and not condemned.
    Yes, I realise I’m on the outside looking in and know nothing about the family or its dynamics.

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Perhaps the professionals know better than I, but somehow I think the will to live is so strong in us that it must be extremely difficult to take one’s own life. I think a balanced person would not have the courage to do it. Only someone whose compass in the world is completely haywire, adrift from reality, could go through with it.

The man was mentally ill. He lived in terror of what his future held. Doubtless his wife did too, but she was a lot younger, and could see her future, a good future, ahead of her and her daughter.
    Look I just think in these cases where children are murdered by a parent who then commits suicide, they are all to be pitied and not condemned.
    Yes, I realise I’m on the outside looking in and know nothing about the family or its dynamics.

....but you might not think that if you were the surviving parent, who lost their only child. You might not "pity" the man who did took your child away from you into the sea at night. The fear and terror that little girl must have felt..........that would haunt me till the day I die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Sweetmaggie, that was not my point.
    It is how we on the outside looking in can make assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Kewreeuss wrote: »

I understand what you're saying. And if he'd only taken his own life I'd feel pity for him. But he took the life of a child, and in such a premeditated and spiteful way as evidence by the will and what he said in the letter. Particularly the will demonstrates that the only focus was on hurting the mother, he was worried about the money she might get when the child was dead. He didn't snap and act out in a moment of madness or distress. He planned it all out, and he wanted the last word on the matter, and he got it.

Presumably any murderer has to be unbalanced in some way. I don't think he deserves any more sympathy than the rest.

(I hope I'm not coming off confrontational. I have a daughter of similar age and this story really bothered me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

. And it's only right that this is corrected and the mother is given some form of closure.

2wrongs don't make a right, exhuming the little girls remains a decade later and shipping them off to Texas wont " give closure". I understand the lady's grievience about her husband will but that has been thrashed out by the courts af infinum. In my opinion the child should be allowed Rest in Peace, its definitely NOT a course of action I would be contributing to a gofundme website to finance[/QUOTE]

You consider being buried in the same coffin as the creep who murdered her resting in peace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

That’s it in a nutshell, to be fair all men that experience this (child separation) have all sorts of thoughts about the things he was thinking about, 99% of us suck it up and do everything they can to keep the child in their lives and don’t murder them out of spite (which he admitted to in his letter)

keep the child in your life .. that's what it is all about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

This guy is some muppet
    Another low level debate tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

a basically Dublin is a kip episode tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, there's less than a death a day and they want to carry this on longer. Can we close the roads too, far too dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

We are some manky country that's for sure. Country is destroyed with rubbish. So many people think the rubbish they generate is someone else's problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

"Do you not worry people will drift inside the premises if beer gardens are opened"

Sums up Claire Byrne.

M

Will they reveal the brand name of the dish washer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Joe O'Shea claims the pubs before Christmas were the safest place he was for the last 14 months.

End result of that sort of lunacy: hitting up to 8000 cases a day in January. Gob****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

AnchoredSeparateAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Why is Claire kind of giggling and snickering when she asked asks questions? It's like she's trying to hold back laugher since the hairdresser question.

Ban all electronic devices at night. It's the only way to be sure.

It must be Gob****e Monday

Claire .....''We all put the appliances on at night. .........

M

touts wrote: »
    Ban all electronic devices. It's the only way to be sure.
    It must be Gob****e Monday

It's not far off warnings on everything, summer may contain heat...
    https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/9e76d-be-summer-ready/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

What. The. Fcuk.

Jean is the president of Qamadán in Ireland

• Advertisement

Who is this "expert"?

Scary webcam

Oh god. It's the Queen of the Gob****es.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Is this exploitation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭statto25

That's an interesting head of hair

My only skill is a Business Certificate.

Off Udemy no doubt.

M

4000 died with Covid 19, not from Covid 19.

I'd love Jean to come to my wife's hospital where 3 of her colleagues died of covid, two ended up in high dependency and one ended up in ICU for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

She's got a hair dressing certificate.

• Advertisement

''Im not a doctor, I have zero medical knowledge, know nothing about diseases but I think Covid is nothing to worry about''

The logic

Advertisement