Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Did they provide a spouse for you?

An African woman. She came with two buggies, a six bedroom house, fuel allowance and free travel. You know yourself.

How could I say no??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Am I going crazy or can you still hear the phones from crimecall in the background?

Both could be true.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,565 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No government rep here tonight? (If you don't count Barry Cowen).

The eating disorder thing has to be a kick in the teeth to the protestors. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 IWillFindYou

Wow he's very high up there, hope he doesn't lean back or fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 IWillFindYou

Dr Eva is looking well.

Yer man's hairdresser will be doing her nut backstage. He keeps running his hand through it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The poll question for the viewers is something ridiculous like 'Should protestors be allowed to break the law?'

That is preposterous even by RTE standards. Yet again the state broadcaster is demonising the government's opponents as best they can.

But hey, let's make fun of people's accents instead of questioning why the poorest are being asked to bear the brunt of the suffering. 'Cherishing the children of the nation' - the Fine Gael way.

It's the basis of why the five protesters are locked up now though so it does make sense.

Some of the more recent marches/protests over the last few days have been in support of the guys looked up and the chants at the end of the Cork CoCo walk in were in support of the five locked up.

There is no demonising going on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It's the basis of why the five protesters are locked up now though so it does make sense.

Some of the more recent marches/protests over the last few days have been in support of the guys looked up and the chants at the end of the Cork CoCo walk in were in support of the five locked up.

There is no demonising going on here.

The question was designed to taint the water protest as I think you probably know full well.They might as well have asked, 'should people be trapped in cars? Tell us what you think.' These isolated incidents are not reflective of the vast, vast majority of protests which have been peaceful.

You say 'some...recent marches/protests' were about this issue. The key issue though - which tens of thousands of people have marched about - is a charge that many struggling families feel they cannot pay. This is what should be the focus; the rest is a sideshow designed to blur the public perspective.

RTE, as a state broadcaster which pretends proclaims to be impartial ought to focus on what the majority of anti-austerity/water charges protesters think, rather than convenient fringe elements they can bash.

It is an agenda to smear the campaign as anyone who watched the Late, Late on Friday and saw Tubridy's hatchet job on Murphy can see. And you will see plenty more of it as this is now part and parcel of the Irish media's interaction with the body politic (the Presidential election being another example).

Vincent Browne is the only broadcaster in this country I would trust to ask the hard questions but of course Enda and co. won't go near him because they know they can't manipulate him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If you ask me some of them, not all, have tainted themselves.

There's a few of the protest groups going on about how they're going to ignore the court ruling and Paul Murphy has encouraged them to do it too.

You can say the rest is a side show but it's a side show created by some of the protestors, I don't think you can blame the media for what they say and do.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

That was one of the most disturbing stories to emerge from the HSE for a long time.

I hope they tear Lynch to shreds here tonight.

She is in my opinion, one of the most hateful figures ever to infest Irish public life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Kathleen Lynch - a complete and utter spoofer.

Cute hoor trying to avoid saying his party allegiance :D

Cute hoor trying to avoid saying his party allegiance :D

Typical FFer.

Yates coming on now. Hopefully we'll get to see a good scrap.

How do you sign up to answer survey questions, think about the issue, presumably chat to whoever you're with while you're doing it and still answer 'I don't know'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If foolish banks only lent out what houses were worth where people had deposits there would have been no housing boom and bust, houses that people couldn't afford to repay would have been returned to the market at a profit for the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Yates should be paying a large part of his future earnings. Ridiculous that he got to walk away

M

On a side note why did RTÉ show a repeat of Mrs Brownes Boys ahead of this show? Surely a 9.30pm slot is prime time?

People seem to forget that when you are declared bankrupt it's not just your mortgage debt that's wiped out. Everyone that's owed money is left high and dry including tradespeople, Credit Unions etc. it should NOT be made too easy.

Ivan wrecks my head. Don't know why.

• Advertisement

Lorcan doing his best to run down the clock when he is speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

I had actually forgotten what a pompous prick Yates actually is....

Ivan wrecks my head. Don't know why.

It's a pity he only learned how the country should be run AFTER he left politics?

M

The homes that are mothballed and deliberately held off the market should be sold, such a waste of property. If these hit the market the costs of furnishing and providing services to them would be beneficial to the economy.

On a side note why did RTÉ show a repeat of Mrs Brownes Boys ahead of this show? Surely a 9.30pm slot is prime time?

I was thinking the same. I wonder are they intentionally going head to head with the news on UTV Ireland while also eating into the start of Tonight with Vincent Browne.

M

Lapin wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. I wonder are they going head to head with the news on UTV Ireland while also eating into the start of Tonight with Vincent Browne.

Yes they often try to head in to Vins 11pm slot but they could actually have people switching to Vin instead.

True, but they needn't worry as most of the first 15 minutes of Vincent Browne's show is just one long ad break anyway.

****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Never forget how lazy and useless the gardai are

• Advertisement

Community service?!! Probably had 70 previous convictions. What a ****.

Advertisement