Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867bee4331b47658d44a38d030aa561cf4a316b395&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Claire doesn’t know what to do with herself now that covid going away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fair play to Christine Buckley’s son - very well spoken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Claire doesn’t know what to do with herself now that covid going away

Hopefully George Lee will f off now as well, but he'll be on about the environment. Doom Doom Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭inajock

Well at least he's cheaper than Joe..

• Advertisement

All this taking place likely in Co Skanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,275 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why are they taking about something that was? This is all old now. Ireland has changed since the times they are talking about. We are more open and more excepting now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭enricoh

AMKC wrote: »
    Why are they taking about something that was? This is all old now. Ireland has changed since the times they are talking about. We are more open and more excepting now.

It's an industry now - more funding required, ta in advance taxpayers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

RTE should have brought out all of their reporters and staff of colour to discuss their experiences. Even just one of their Asian newsreaders would do and god knows, there are plenty to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

How was the panel selected, all well spoken, most I suspect are on the program to further their careers.

Big business now throwing the race card around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ann and Barry next to be banned...
    photo4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Watching this I'm not sure what I should do. One woman does not want her colour to be acknowledged. One guy does. One guy wants all "perpetrators" of "micro-aggressions" to be called out as racists. Another woman wants to be part of the Irish banter.

Honestly after this segment I now have no idea what I should do as a white person but I know that no matter what I do and no matter how well intentioned I am there is a real risk the person I am speaking to is going to see me as racist regardless. I'm watching this feeling utterly depressed and confused as to what I need to do to not be racist.

And then it suddenly hit me. This isn't a race issue. This is an age issue. The panel are from the permanently offended Millennial generation. I suppose in a strange way it's good to see that being a millennial twat isn't determined by skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Its predictable at this stage, we seem to follow the Brits in everything that they do. BBC goes woke, RTE must go woke. Such a bunch of unimaginative f**kwits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

touts wrote: »
    Watching this I'm not sure what I should do. One woman does not want her colour to be acknowledged. One guy does. One guy wants all "perpetrators" of "micro-aggressions" to be called out as racists. Another woman wants to be part of the Irish banter.

Honestly after this segment I now have no idea what I should do as a white person but I know that no matter what I do and no matter how well intentioned I am there is a real risk the person I am speaking to is going to see me as racist regardless. I'm watching this feeling utterly depressed and confused as to what I need to do to not be racist.

And then it suddenly hit me. This isn't a race issue. This is an age issue. The panel are from the permanently offended Millennial generation. I suppose in a strange way it's good to see that being a millennial twat isn't determined by skin colour.

Jesus get a grip.

Idah is the one bright spark for the future we have upfront at the moment and Randolph has been a rock in goal while everything in front of him has crumbled. Christie may be down the pecking order at right back for us but he's always put in 100% for the team when he does play which is more than some other players do. Any twat abusing them in the Aviva should get thrown out of the stadium over the roof by the other fans (one of the high roofs not the half finished one).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 someuser2021

Why have they only black people on to the exclusion of the other non-white races?

Asian people have been in Ireland and have had the same experiences without the positive American influence/tv exposure.

Also, the 1st/2nd generation of black people in Ireland aren't a a generic black - they all know their parents culture and where their parents came from.

Absolutely band-wagonning from RTE to just focus on black people.

The projection of American Black issues in to Ireland is nonsense.

Yes, 100% talk about casual racism. Yes, 100% have African Irish people be part of the conversation but don't exclude others or make it seem like a black only issue.

And if we're talking about schools, let's address the rampant homophobia that is tolerated as just banter in schools and society. A far more pressing issue and against a segment of the population that have had actual systemic oppression in this very country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Why the spokesperson from the PSNI?

M

Surprised she has been allowed finish her sentences without being attacked out of it.

M

Why the spokesperson from the PSNI?

She's Gardai now, was recruited from PSNI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭omerin

Wasn't Randolph in trouble a few months ago, screenshots from phone, serious trouble very damaging to his rep. If they were false why hasn't he taken some action and if it was accurate, why is he on this show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

She's Gardai now, was recruited from PSNI.

Helicoptered in from Lisburn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,275 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Such a cool name to have Bashir. The two women a stunning women and they are all great and cool too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

A bit of "prove your crime" before you open your mouth.

I say this more fortunately as a relative of people of different skin colour who do not feel they experience racism. But really his view is that the racism "end bit" of the dickheads in operation. Racist people are usually scummy at all levels, no acid which should be allowed as ok by society.

That Jackie one was a beacon of sense at the end. Focused on the future and coming together as one people rather than trying to constantly be looking for offence or constantly looking to apologize.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

...........Asian people have been in Ireland and have had the same experiences without the positive American influence/tv exposure.............

I dont believe there is any asians living in Ireland, lighten up:pac:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtYfHW5wu8Q

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

One look at the CBLive hashtag on Twitter and you couldn't be more wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Two questions.

Did the guy in the pin stripe say he was born in 1961? He doesn't look any older than 40.

I may have missed it, but did she give the results of the Amarach poll tonight?
    If not I wonder is it because the results didn't go the way the production team wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Faugheen wrote: »
    One look at the CBLive hashtag on Twitter and you couldn't be more wrong.

The problem with going on twitter is it attracts those kind of people.

Just like the ones wanting to kill a mockingbird banned in schools are attracted to it aswell.

I personally hate the whole topic of racism nowadays, it just makes things worse when you keep telling people we're all racist. Look at England where they're taking the knee pre football game, announcing it before the game that racism isn't tolerated and the racist comments on twitter/instagram have gotten worse!

Everyone is a martyr when they're on tv claiming we have to call out racism when we see it. I wonder how many would stand up to a lad in a chipper giving abuse to a takeaway worker at 1am on a Saturday.

Then there's the whole thing of giving preferential treatment to black people because they're black. Sky had a banner up on SkySports saying " we will hire more black presenters". That kind of thing pisses people off, it pisses me off anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Its predictable at this stage, we seem to follow the Brits in everything that they do. BBC goes woke, RTE must go woke. Such a bunch of unimaginative f**kwits

Does that mean we'll be leaving the EU down the road too?

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    ..............I wonder how many would stand up to a lad in a chipper giving abuse to a takeaway worker at 1am on a Saturday.................

I did that once in an Indian in Cork City, the chap was in a group of 3 so I was moderately wary but quite assertive. He apologised and STFUpped.

I think it was 02.20 though, not 1am.

Advertisement