Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That people getting HAP when working isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

I’m quite alarmed that SF supporters can watch that and feel victimised. I’ve seen numerous people claim RTE have a centre-right bias, which is patently untrue to anyone who watches more than an occasional broadcast. It looks like any criticism of the next party of government will be met with howls of indignation, which is a dangerous scenario.

The party response to criticism of SF’s IRA associations is to say, That’s in the past, we’re a party of the present. But no party is more concerned with the past than SF, regularly commemorating anniversaries, etc, and equating FG with the Blueshirts.

‘Tony Groves’ was given far too much room for manoeuvre. He should never have been allowed shout from his chair and his belief that he was fact-checking proceedings was arrogant and delusional.

Martin Beanz Ward spoke well and was likeable. Alison O’Connor, too, though she rather too much emphasised her middle class background to preempt objections. Aidan Reagan never seems to have anything much to say.

Matt Carthy was appalling. Like many SF politicians he exudes disdain - he twice insulted Eddie Hobbs, whom I don’t like incidentally - and calling a question ‘silly’ about advisors with IRA convictions should end a political career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Claire can handle the challenges the show brings her.

I'd agree about the reaction of SF themselves. This show was about the rise of SF. It wasn't a SF hit piece or way to get people to go against SF. This tweet from a TD for example, I just don't understand what the problem is? It was a programme about the rise in Sinn Fein, why people vote or don't vote for them.

In 2011 they got 14 seats. 9 years later they're the biggest party and returned 37 seats. That's nearly trebling their seats in 9 years. I think it's a worthy discussion topic.

A similar show on FFG wouldn't be very interesting. "why do you vote for FFG"..."well things are going fine I think" or "My family have always voted FFG"

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jo187

I think two adults working full time should be able to afford the rent and not need help.

You think do that the government should pay for this? Instead of tackling the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

What's the point in working if you have to be dependent on the state for somewhere to stay, there should be affordable housing for all,criminal conviction should bar people from social housing

Show me any desirable country in the world who doesn't provide some manner of social housing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

The fact you think Tony Groves should never have been allowed talk says it all. You’re the very type that will see SF sit in government next. Keep it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Think you've misunderstood, you said working people needing HAP was acceptable, my response is that work should pay enough that you can afford your own place without having to go asking the state for it, if housing has gone beyond the means of the average worker then the country is truly fuked and the entire mass of elected representing should be cast adrift in the North Atlantic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mondo from Fair City is on tonight to talk about masks!

• Advertisement

Katie Hannon Live tonight. Undecided if I'll watch. Not as fun watching when there's a competent host.

Mondo from Fair City is on tonight to talk about masks!

😁

Makes for compulsory viewing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ahhh ffs Luke “media whore” ONiell again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

No Claire, I’m out.

Katie? I like her but this is not a good fit for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,301 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think we need to increase the price of petrol to €2.99 a litre to reduce the storms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Interesting to see what she can make of this floor sweepings of a show.

Surprised e-scooters are not featured tonight

I saw Linda Hughes on Tinder last year. Think she's 33. She has a great body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I like Katie, Must be mid term Break in Montrosia, seems Claire works school hours God bless her .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

You can tell Linda isn't used to live TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,487 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Always a dilemma when he's on right enough.

Do you listen to a Professor who has devoted his life to the subject or go with the comments on Boards.

Decisions, decisions.

Any word on met eireann dropping the ball for Franklin? Not a peep about it and it ravaged many areas of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Katie Hannon holding RTE together by covering for Joe Duffy this afternoon and now Claire Byrne tonight. They should really give her the job back on Prime Time and put Miriam out to pasture

Actually I thought Claire wanted out of this gig on a Monday night?

M

Will he be allowed do the accent?

Tommy Shlugs auld lad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Interesting looking alright. Defo a swipe.... eh, which ever way is the yes way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

We had 3 normal winter storms. Nothing like February 1988, February 1990, January 1974, January 1976, January 1991 etc. It's ridiculous saying normal winter storms, weather, is a climate change thing.

• Advertisement
    M

It should be a minumum 5 years sentencing for first offence of burglary, no violin stories to save you, after that 10 years a time.

Advertisement