Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

in fairness, this young girl is brilliant. Best irish female singer in a long time

Lisa Hannigan. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The acoustic version of that song is much better. Nice and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

RayM wrote: »
    The prejudice and discrimination faced by British Muslims is very similar to the experiences of Irish people in the UK in the 1970s.

Irish terrorists were a better class of terrorist altogether, what with their perfunctory warning calls and everything. None of this 'blowing yourself up' nonsense. Except for that guy whose bomb accidentally went off prematurely on a bus in Aldwych.

Warrington bombing, killing children.

They all kill people, people with class aren't terrorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Lisa Hannigan. ;)

This girl is only in mid teens, I think so you can only imagine she will get even better. I agree Lisa Hannigan is brilliant as is Wallis Byrd, Luan Parle, Dolores O Riordain i her Cranberries days and Cathy Davey. But none have really hit the British market which I imagine is the big step. Can't doubt Enya's success though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

RobertKK wrote: »
    Warrington bombing, killing children.

They all kill people, people with class aren't terrorists.

I was being facetious.

"The IRA didn't want to be British. But they were. And, as such, they couldn't help but embody some fundamentally decent British values."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Had to turn it off after your one started on about Moyross.

The population of Moyross is approx 2100 people, the population of Limerick city is approx 96000 people.

The problems the people in Moyross faced where there before, during, and after the Celtic Tiger.

Moyross has no relevance to the current state of affairs in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭raher1

Moyross is the problem, dumping people out in the middle of no where cause they are not good enough. Limerick city is very snobby. Sadly it's very empty pathetic place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Lapin wrote: »
    I'd love to get O'Carroll pissed and then get a marker and draw a pair of eyes on the top of his head to give those glasses a meaning in life.

Brilliant!! Lol!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There soon won't be enough of a workforce able to afford to live in the city to service the jobs available.

M

How were they "destroyed"? Lots of these idiots build 50-100 houses with not one of them sold, they should have built in lots of 10 sold them, build another 10 etc, that way there is little or no risk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

She's ridiculously tidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The smugness and sheer arrogance of Alan Kelly is incredible.
    If, and when, Labour will be wiped out the Blueshirts will welcome him with open arms.

M

Lunatics buying at €320k, I can see the whole thing collapse in less than a year, there's not enough access to easy money like there was 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Alan Kelly looking to get **** done :D look busy, if nothing else.

M

Am entry level 3 bed house costing about 10 times the average industrial wage is not a good thing.

M

Ringsend, the area where the Irish Glass plant was bought for €412 million in 2006 and now sits idle. The DDDA, paid €107 million for its stake in it.

Alan Kelly is doing my head in,
    he is trying to align himself with everyone and everyone's plight..... 'I'm in the same age range'.... I'm not a million miles away from some of the people here' (trying to save to get a deposit for mortgage). every time someone makes a point he says' thats an interesting question, and I'm glad you asked it'

he has no answers and is not in any way addressing the question of helping people here. He can go to hell if he thinks he can threaten people about water bills too. Is that the way to get compliance and support? He can feck off!

M

Prices going up a good problem? Wtf, who for?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Am entry level 3 bed house costing about 10 times the average industrial wage is not a good thing.

Tonights show seems to be focusing more on the squeezed middle sector than those earning the average industrial wage

Lunatics buying at €320k, I can see the whole thing collapse in less than a year, there's not enough access to easy money like there was 10 years ago.

And wait for them all to come running back crying that they're in negative equity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ringsend, the area where the Irish Glass plant was bought for €412 million in 2006 and now sits idle. The DDDA, paid €107 million for its stake in it.

And NAMA (ie the taxpayer) paid for the rest of it!

Bertie aherns best friend bernard mc namara bought the site, and got bailed out by nama.

Its estimated to cost at least another 70 mill to clean the checical waste from the soil there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

As big Phil's successor he's doing a fine job. One dickhea d following the other

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

washman3 wrote: »
    And wait for them all to come running back crying that they're in negative equity.

I see your point, and I certainly don't want to end up paying for other people's mistakes, but I find it hard to blame Average Joes looking to buy a basic home - I have much less sympathy for those who borrow a kings ransom for a palace they can't afford

M

But you can't have 4 kids and expect the government to provide you with a house next door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Maybe the Government should be saving for people from the age of 18. Take a slice of their wage or dole and keep it until they are 35 when they receive it in a lump sum.
    Boow yaw !

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SimonTheITGuy

Maybe if her daughter worked and paid for her house rather than looking for government handouts, she could be more selective on the area..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

Prices going up a good problem? Wtf, who for?

Their cronies, ie the developers, speculators and estate agents, or put another way, those that have been protected at all costs by every Government decision since 2008.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Incredible people working and paying tax saving etc and this one from Ballymun complains that the gran kids are an hour away, I bet that she is still getting a free house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

It's amazing how people think houses are undervalued and prices need to increase.

There's a formula for this. Price to rent ratio for example. Or maybe more accurately price to income ratio which should dictate house prices.

Why can't Irish people accept these realities.

Advertisement