Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SimonTheITGuy

mcko wrote: »
    Incredible people working and paying tax saving etc and this one from Ballymun complains that the gran kids are an hour away, I bet that she is still getting a free house.

Of course she is, she said DCC couldn't house her in the local area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dermot should design a basic house that can be a benchmark for an entry level home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Incredible people working and paying tax saving etc and this one from Ballymun complains that the gran kids are an hour away, I bet that she is still getting a free house.

As the old saying goes. 'Only fools and horses work' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

If this is a sample of balanced discussion I'd call the ombudsmen. Your statement, your statement . Sinn Fein make your statement. Then focus on what rte wants to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

She has the audacity to talk about Cloud Cuckoo Land to the minister.

Billy Keane shilling for Diageo (poor things) in today's Indo column.

• Advertisement
    M

Should they not have got a few problem drinkers on the board, ideal people for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SimonTheITGuy

When does she get time to be a GP? She's involved in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

When does she get time to be a GP? She's involved in everything.

Why did she originally sign up for Diageo? Wasn't her time stretched enough already
    between all her TV and radio work? (Not forgetting her doctoring, of course!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

:eek: can't believe what i just saw there, a landlord talking there that i recognise who showed me a bedsit dump for €550 last year, no fixed heating - one convector thing, foam under the lino for damp but the best one of all, like out of Loftus Hall - a black 1sq metre stain with the ceiling bulging over the dormant fireplace and this p***k and kelly not agreeing with rent control?

i know a few visitors took photos that day, they were shocked. i reported him to council. sad that some poor desperate person took it a few days later. had i them photos now id plaster them to rtes twitter to shame that man.

no change here, kelly tying to throw his own 'casual' approach to the book of not giving answers. "i spent some time down there", "i've been there myself", "whats the problem with the councils? - i'd like to know more about that"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

She has the audacity to talk about Cloud Cuckoo Land to the minister.

Billy Keane shilling for Diageo (poor things) in today's Indo column.

I have to say I don't fully undersatnd what the big hullabaloo over Diageo being involved in the Sensible Drinking campaign is all about.

I've heard their ads, I've seen their ads and I've found them very good/powerful.

There will be far more good done with this campaign going ahead then if it is stopped.

Maybe is it just another case of the papers going to town on a nothing story?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I have to say I don't fully undersatnd what the big hullabaloo over Diageo being involved in the Sensible Drinking campaign is all about.

I've heard their ads, I've seen their ads and I've found them very good/powerful.

There will be far more good done with this campaign going ahead then if it is stopped.

Maybe is it just another case of the papers going to town on a nothing story?

I think Diageo know as well as anybody that those preachy/patronising ads will have as much effect as telling a 16 year old that 40 isn't old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Ha! I thought Claire Byrne was interviewing herself there for a minute!

Madam_rage_Blue_lace_back_dress_RFE08__92182_zoom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Higgins brazenly looking to make a name for herself off the back of something that absolutely nothing can be done about.

It's always these dopey senators coming up with bright new ideas about controlling "d'internet".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ha! I thought Claire Byrne was interviewing herself there for a minute!

I honestly don't see the need for that photo??....

Claire deserves more....

She is the ultimate professional it has to be said.

M

Some people genuinely should not due to their low brain power and lack of cop on go online, this applies to the bullies and also the victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Young people watching Claire Byrne?? Not unless they are young fellas cracking one out.

Some people genuinely should not due to their low brain power and lack of cop on go online, this applies to the bullies and also the victims.

In fairness Lorraine Higgins is well renowned for her own personal attacks on twitter.

She is well able to give it as well. Te woe is me attitude from her is rather funny.

http://www.thejournal.ie/luke-ming-flanagan-lorraine-higgins-twitter-facebook-post-turkey-1453665-May2014/

A Blue shirt wearing a white coat is a good start.

It's going to be a very one-sided story I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Is John Bruton on drugs, we should remember all equally.Muppet.

I honestly don't see the need for that photo??....

Claire deserves more....

She is the ultimate professional it has to be said.

huh?????????? I don't get you. My point was there were two blonde haired ladies in an identical shade of blue clothing of similar age. When I first turned on I assumed from the camera distance that Higgins was Claire sitting at the desk. Yet then it cut to a closeup of Claire standing up and for a split second I was like "wtf"! I was only putting the photo of a blonde in a blue dress to make this point.

No need to assume anything other than that from my post.

• Advertisement

huh?????????? I don't get you. My point was there were two blonde haired ladies in an identical shade of blue clothing of similar age. When I first turned on I assumed from the camera distance that Higgins was Claire sitting at the desk. Yet then it cut to a closeup of Claire standing up and for a split second I was like "wtf"! I was only putting the photo of a blonde in a blue dress to make this point.

No need to assume anything other than that from my post.

I heard that ok.

I heard that ok.

I amn't following what you are implying, sorry.

BsfIOxrIcAA3sPZ.jpg:large

P.s, I am not questioning Billo's professionalism with that pic ;)

Let's just leave Claire to host her show.......

I've a feeling that the 1916 celebration is going to be an RTE show end of story.

Regardless of what anyone thinks...

M

We should lash a 3rd question on to the Gay Marriage, Presidential Age referendum...

Should we invite Liz and co over for the Easter Rising Commemoration - Yay/Nay.

John Bruton went slightly off the rails there.....

How is mentioning "killing" going to do any good at this stage about 1016?

Maybe John is forgetting the goals of 1916?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Seem John Bruton on a programme hailing his uncle as a hero who killed 2 ruc policemen in the 20s.

Biggest hypocrite ever.

It would be a lovely gesture to see the ladies honoured who were so courageous....

Maybe Miriam not dressed up is not the answer?..

• Advertisement
    M

There will end up being another war trying to honour 1916.

Advertisement