Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Are you for real.

A few studies - change our constitution.
    Every study - has another study to disprove a study.

The yes side hasn't explained what is wrong with a civil partnership with any rights they want.

I feel they are just trying to make a point - and in doing so, undermining their cause.

Total daftness to try achieve equality in the traditional family definition.

They think they can change everything for their cause - and have exposed themselves as snooty - contemptuous and demanding and very intolerant to challenge.

I've lost a lot of respect for the movement. But - it doesn't matter , they don't care about anyone or their views as anyone else is , "old fashioned" "bigoted" "intellectually weak".

A strange gang.

This post ends any more debate with you for me! If you honestly think that this legal milestone is about "making a point".... and you think it is daft that society and the meaning of a family has changed since a hastily drafted document 100 years ago was enacted into law and that their is no difference between a civil partnership and marriage I can't contend with it any more.

Go out Vote No. And we, the strange gang will try our earnest not to change the way you want to live by voting Yes.

And yes, the traditional family mantra is old fashioned because, hey, society has changed and a family is anything from a single mum with her kids, to an unmarried couple with (or without kids) to a same sex couple, to a single father to a same sex couple with kids from former marriages to a foster family. But these are all inclusive to and have taken nothing away from your traditional family arrangement of MAN and WOMAN and CHILD.

So yeah, it is old fashioned because it is old fashioned. Fashion changes. So does society. Live with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

efb wrote: »
    :confused:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This post ends any more debate with you for me! If you honestly think that this legal milestone is about "making a point".... and you think it is daft that society and the meaning of a family has changed since a hastily drafted document 100 years ago was enacted into law and that their is no difference between a civil partnership and marriage I can't contend with it any more.

Go out Vote No. And we, the strange gang will try our earnest not to change the way you want to live by voting Yes.

And yes, the traditional family mantra is old fashioned because, hey, society has changed and a family is anything from a single mum with her kids, to an unmarried couple with (or without kids) to a same sex couple, to a single father to a same sex couple with kids from former marriages to a foster family. But these are all inclusive to and have taken nothing away from your traditional family arrangement of MAN and WOMAN and CHILD.

So yeah, it is old fashioned because it is old fashioned. Fashion changes. So does society. Live with it.

Yes well live with the fact - we all don't have to change everything for a fad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

this certainly isn't getting old, but if it was you might prefer it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

But - don't try redefine marriage - family - procreation - sacraments - society.

Crazy stuff.

Why is it crazy? What exactly are you afraid might happen?

• Advertisement

this certainly isn't getting old, but if it was you might prefer it

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You started with it

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You started with it

Oh, reminds me or a discussion with my 4 year old nephew...

Why is it crazy? What exactly are you afraid might happen?

A flawed inclusion into a countries constitution.

It is not about "love".

It is not a reason to include a flawed modification.

Well don't use :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In future so.

Those damn YES advocates, always bring the children into it ye do........................

• Advertisement

Well don't use :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In future so.

Your argument was beyond ridiculous. It summed it up perfectly for me.

It is not about "love".

in your opinion.

Anyway - goodnight.

Yes gang deserve a good kicking after such a campaign.

But - ignorance of what this flawed amendment is about will result in a yes.

"love is all you need" - non bigoted idiots.

Your argument was beyond ridiculous. It summed it up perfectly for me.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes well live with the fact - we all don't have to change everything for a fad.

This homosexual "fad" predates Christianity

Anyway - goodnight.

Yes gang deserve a good kicking after such a campaign.

But - ignorance of what this flawed amendment is about will result in a yes.

"love is all you need" - non bigoted idiots.

are you threatening violence???? or endorsing it?

This homosexual "fad" predates Christianity

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes it does. :eek:

Yes it does. :eek:

Jaysus - 27,000 posts , your still using rolleyes.

If you can't debate - head off.

Then your going on about violence :eek:

All about the love.

It is not about "love".

They seem to be rather hollow reasons to vote against allowing gay people the right to get married like their fellow citizens.

You are entitled to your view but I hope you reconsider. Ask yourself how you'd feel if one day you had a son or daughter who was gay and wanted to get married. Remember there are real people involved in this and counting on the outcome.

• Advertisement

All about the love.

If I can't debate, what does it say for you bringing in non sequiturs such as sacraments into Civil Marriage discussion...

And referring to homosexual unions as a "fad"

Christ, and here was I thinking the No advocates weren't that endearing................. "all about the love"?????, "sacraments", "housing lists", "traditional family", "wanting everything".................... Heard it all tonight! And then questioning other peoples debate methods............. If it wasn't such a serious topic it would be funny

Christ, and here was I thinking the No advocates weren't that endearing................. "all about the love"?????, "sacraments", "housing lists", "traditional family", "wanting everything".................... Heard it all tonight! And then questioning other peoples debate methods............. If it wasn't such a serious topic it would be funny

His argument was so ridiculous I thought he was attempting at humour!

All about the love.

I genuinely can't remember the time previous to that I used it, but that post's sheer ridiculousness called for them!

I'm worried about this referendum passing tbh. I think there will be a lot of people who will tell the pollsters one thing but do something very different inside the polling booth.

They seem to be rather hollow reasons to vote against allowing gay people the right to get married like their fellow citizens.

You are entitled to your view but I hope you reconsider. Ask yourself how you'd feel if one day you had a son or daughter who was gay and wanted to get married. Remember there are real people involved in this and counting on the outcome.

I'd say - Son , don't give into popular flawed fads. Be right when you are right - stay by what is right.

you came from a Mum and Dad, don't worry, it was the norm once. We decided to form a family and made every sacrifice possible for you, when family was considered uncool and a bit bigoted and un-intellectual and weak.

There is a civil partnership - I fought for that to be equal to marriage - but (cough cough ) we all know two men can't have kids. I know in 2015 they tried to say they could - "I know""you know - the bad days", you know, it was a daft moment that undermined the true needs and put the movement back 20 years,

Son - " what were they thinking".
    Dad - " I guess if you are repressed for too long, you lose sight of - of what do we want, we want to be the same"
    Son " But - Dad, we have a great family - I know me and Leo can't have kids - we love each other as much as you and Ma, you two love us , but - we are not the same as the family we had"
    Dad " I know - this family is different, but we support you in everything you do"
    Son " Thanks Dad"
    Son " You know we are applying for adoption"
    Dad " Lucky little ****er - you'll make great parents" - " Well your ma will help with the girl stuff"
    Son " Dad I ****ing love you"
    Dad " **** off you queer - lol"
    Son " You biggot "
    Dad " Don't bleeding start"

Anyway - this idea we can be all equal is daft.

But we can still treat people equally.

I'm worried about this referendum passing tbh. I think there will be a lot of people who will tell the pollsters one thing but do something very different inside the polling booth.

The only poll that matters is on May 22

I'd say - Son , don't give into popular flawed fads. Be right when you are right - stay by what is right.

you came from a Mum and Dad, don't worry, it was the norm once. We decided to form a family and made every sacrifice possible for you, when family was considered uncool and a bit bigoted and un-intellectual and weak.

There is a civil partnership - I fought for that to be equal to marriage - but (cough cough ) we all know two men can't have kids. I know in 2015 they tried to say they could - "I know""you know - the bad days", you know, it was a daft moment that undermined the true needs and put the movement back 20 years,

Dad - " what were they thinking".
    Me - " I guess if you are repressed for too long, you lose sight of - of what do we want, we want to be the same"
    Son " But - Dad we have a great family - I know me and leo can't have kids - we love each other , you love us , but we are not the same as the family you had"
    Dad " I know - this family is different, but we support you in everything you do"
    Son " Thanks Dad"
    Son " You know we are applying for adoption"
    Dad " Lucky little ****er - you'll make great parents" - " Well your ma will help with the girl stuff"
    Son " Dad I ****ing love you"
    Dad " **** off you queer - lol"
    Son " You biggot "
    Dad " Don't bleeding start"

Anyway - this idea we can be all equal is daft.

But we can still treat people equally.

You are one of these people who laughs at his own attempts at "jokes" it would appear. A great spokesman for whatever exactly you believe in..............

You are one of these people who laughs at his own attempts at "jokes" it would appear. A great spokesman for whatever exactly you believe in..............

tldr- what was the jist?

• Advertisement

tldr- what was the jist?

I genuinely haven't a clue. I actually think the guy is trolling at this stage t get a reaction.

Advertisement