Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I see that Alex White didn't make the cut.

It would have been a huge mistake if the YES side had put him forward... Alex White always strikes me as being similar to Ivana Bacik... Never able to communicate with the average working class person. He was on the radio on Saturday and I thought he was poor enough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will teachers will have to say parent instead of mam or dad going forward so as to not cause offence to children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I don't believe him when he says there'll be legislation against commercial surrogacy.

Why not?
    Ireland has some of the most conservative laws on reproduction outside of the Vatican!
    It would be highly unlikely that you'd see liberal surrogacy legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

But whether we vote 'yes' or 'no 'on Friday, the question of commercial surrogacy is not relevant to the referendum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It would have been a huge mistake if the YES side had put him forward... Alex White always strikes me as being similar to Ivana Bacik... Never able to communicate with the average working class person. He was on the radio on Saturday and I thought he was poor enough..

A Labour minister will be on the Prime Time debate tomorrow night, most likely Alex White. He was on the Matt Cooper debate earlier with Breda O'Brien and he did very well.

I thought Leo did quite well tonight. Clear, passionate and persuasive.

• Advertisement

Will teachers will have to say parent instead of mam or dad going forward so as to not cause offence to children?

Don't they already say that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

God people love talking about how they are going to leave Ireland or how they have left Ireland.

Nobody cares, just go and don't let the door hit you on the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

God people love talking about how they are going to leave Ireland or how they have left Ireland.

Nobody cares, just go and don't let the door hit you on the arse.

Thanks for your best wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

The bloody intermediate! Everyone seems to be winning them. I think I have three of them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Don't they already say that?
    Well, if they don't, then they should. There are so many children without either a Mammy or a Daddy, for a variety of reasons.

• Advertisement

I really dont like the weather... jaysus I thought he was gonna come up with a better argument than that... I bet him wont have Jean Byrne telling him about the bad weather in whatever country he moves to ... so there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

A Labour minister will be on the Prime Time debate tomorrow night, most likely Alex White. He was on the Matt Cooper debate earlier with Breda O'Brien and he did very well.

I thought Leo did quite well tonight. Clear, passionate and persuasive.

The Matt Cooper debate was really good - very well chaired too. Alex White and Colm O'Gorman destroyed Jim Walsh and Breda O'Brien.

Patrick Treacy was a much better 'performer' than the rest of the troglodytes on the No side (unsurprising, what with him being a barrister and all), but I thought it was really sneaky of him to avoid acknowledging the fact that he's a devout Christian.

Only 8 years and her voice goes up at the end of every sentence like a "native"

No.. you definitely wouldn't. You've lost your accent. Heresy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Wow, she has picked up the Oz accent hasn't she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Why come on cribbing if you're not staying?

Stephen, my son, roisins husband, my grandchilds father, my husbands son, my brothers nephew..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

"Hfhdhkrirjjcjnejennd..."

Only 8 years and her voice goes up at the end of every sentence like a "native"

As opposed to Damien English who has spent the last 80 years eating turf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GottaLaugh

Wow, she has picked up the Oz accent hasn't she.

So they are effectively economic migrants/weather refugees.

• Advertisement

RayM wrote: »
    The Matt Cooper debate was really good - very well chaired too. Alex White and Colm O'Gorman destroyed Jim Walsh and Breda O'Brien.

Patrick Treacy was a much better 'performer' than the rest of the troglodytes on the No side (unsurprising, what with him being a barrister and all), but I thought it was really sneaky of him to avoid acknowledging the fact that he's a devout Christian.

Just like Ger Brennan not mentioning he is a religion teacher in his article.

Coming on stream.. like bad sci fi.

As opposed to Damien English who has spent the last 80 years eating turf...

I don't even know what that's referencing but I lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

In fairness Australia has hugely multiple times the resources and economic sustainability than Ireland. The countries are incomparable. All we have is our access to Europe at this stage.

M

There's not enough houses or services as it is, anyone successful overseas should stay there.

M

We still pay to bring to college thousands of students to be educated in fields that there is not nor will there ever be a need for in Ireland.

Andrew Maxwell was the same as the Beatles, in his twenties.. in Germany... having fun... Except that the Beatles weren't sh1te...

M

Joe Duffy gets more than Barrack Obama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Absolutely. Hit the nail on the head. I'm starting to like Andrew Maxwell

• Advertisement

Andrew Maxwell was the same as the Beatles, in his twenties.. in Germany... having fun... Except that the Beatles weren't sh1te...

He brought me up on stage for a "fake" shift a few years back. I'm a shy guy. Did. Not. Like.

Advertisement